Register now to get rid of these ads!

SE Iowa and surrounding area HAMBers roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tankwilson, Jul 14, 2013.

1. tankwilson

tankwilson

Bringing it back to the top for the Saturday crowd. OK guys PM me if your gonna make it next Saturday for our 1st gathering of the SE Iowa HAMBer's. Everyone is welcome.

I also created a group so that you can join and keep tabs on whats going on.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=858

Thanks
    matt

2. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

I'm in Pella...

3. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I once was from Fairfield. Got out of the cold and live in Tulsa, Okla. Mark Schanfeldt and I grew up in the same town. My Mom (97) still lives in Mt. Pleasant. Stay warm .
    Any HAMB ers from Mt. Pleasant?

4. carryallman

carryallman

i guess im a hamber ,seems like i ck it out daily !!ilive in norwalk,work in indianola ,go to eddyville racewayseveral times a year ,have raced a stock anglia at eddyville nostalga races a couple years ,used to have a drag anglia e/gasser,been sold BUT trying to assemble another gasser ! maybe late this year ??? kepp us posted on a get together thanks mike carryallman wahl

5. js4crzn

js4crzn
    from Iowa

Checking in from Keota! Seems to be a lot of us here from the Washington county area.

6. js4crzn

js4crzn
    from Iowa

Not trying to step on any toes here but on the 27th is a car show in Oskaloosa that always is a great one to attend. I will have to try and make the next get together.

7. tankwilson

tankwilson

No worries on schedule. Doesnt matter if we have 1 or 100 of us. This is something I would like to get going and have a gathering once a month yr around at a different shop each time. I know sometimes I get overwhelmed with my project and need some motivation and hanging out and surrounding my self with other like minded individuals helps me get going.

Im also hoping that we can help each other out with different ideas, tools, skill levels. A real brotherhood. Thats what its all about to me.

Hope to see as many of u that can make it.

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. nabby98

nabby98
    from Amana, IA

Checking in from the Amana Colonies.

9. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

I'm hearing ya from Galesburg Il. I'll have to wait and see how it goes for Sat. My shop is absolutely nuts right now.

10. My wife was born and raised in Ottumwa 1957. She's full bore Texan now.

11. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Out by West Branch. Working that Saturday-maybe next time-

12. Grew up in Richland, still go there to visit sometimes. live near Cedar Rapids now.

Walt

13. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

Well this sucks!!!!!
    The little lady just informed me that we have a family thing on sat.
    Sorry man.
    Please let us know how it goes.
    I'm still planning on hosting the next one!

14. No Plan

No Plan

Checkin in from Oskaloosa;... Just(!) got home from vacation to Yellowstone... I think a monthly gathering is a great idea. SE Iowa has needed this for a long time, much respect for getting it together! However, Crazylegs & myself along with our wives will not be making it to your 1st one though, not because of the Osky's annual run (which I've not been to in years), but because we always go to Salina, Kansas, K.K.O.A.'s Leadsled Spectacular that weekend. IMHO THEE BEST car custom car event I attend all year! Hope to see all of you next month! Good luck with it, I sure it will be good, I REALLY hate to miss it. See ya next month.

15. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Still on for Saturday?

16. tankwilson

tankwilson

Yea starts at 1pm and lasts till whenever. Stop by anytime after 1. So far ive had one guy pm saying he would be there.

Come on over.

17. lc1963

lc1963
    from iowa

Can't make it his time unfortunately

18. 16grem72

16grem72

I'm from Muscatine. Know of a few guys in town on here. If we can get the brakes on the '53 4 door Chevy working I may make a trip to the meet up. About everything else is either broke, not street legal or too new.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

Bump for the fri night crowd!
    Im bummed I cant make it but lets try to get a good turn out!
    This ones for you Tank!

20. tankwilson

tankwilson

Cleaning the shop as I type.

21. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

All packed up for the 3 hour drive. The Packard is going to love this cool weather.

22. tankwilson

tankwilson

Awesome. It is a beautiful day and hope we all have a good time at our first SE Iowa HAMBers shop tour.

Its very informal. Bring chairs, drinks, and whatever u need to bench race. Cant wait to meet some of my fellow HAMBers in person.

23. tankwilson

tankwilson

Well the first monthly garage gathering of the SE Iowa HAMBers is officially in the books. Great to see tantank49 and his wife along with LM14 and his wife. It was great seeing everyones rides and do a little BS'n. After that we went to a vintage salvage yard that I work at and took the tour of junk. Hope all had a good time putting a face to a username. Will post pics soon.

Ok who's next? Lets plan an August meet and greet.

24. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Thanks for hosting us today. Fun meeting people and seeing some vehicles. Appreciate it!

SPark

25. Hey Matt - You might consider meeting at Eddyville Raceway some weekend. Gerald is always looking for something new and there is plenty of room for parking. Might be something for the guys who can't get to the HAMB Drags. They might be more tough on Tech Inspections, though.
    There are several more Pella guys on the HAMB - guess they haven't seen your post yet.
    Tom - restorit

26. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

What a great time. It was fun meeting everyone. And then the tour..... I couldn't help myself, had to bring home a few "treasures"

Keep me posted on round 2.

27. Low Black Special

Low Black Special
    from SE Iowa

Dang, I just read this. I guess I'll have to try to make the next one. I'm in Ottumwa also.

28. redzula

redzula

Pictures? Any interested in spreading it around further I know there are a bunch of HAMBers in Des Moines maybe really move it around and spread the Iowa footprint. I just saw this but we had plans this past weekend anyway. ID be interested in future meetups just so long as they're not too far (hotels get 'spensive)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  29. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

I finally had a minute to upload a few pics of the fun.

Needless to say, my tired old car was out numbered by cool trucks.
    [​IMG]

Matt was a great host. I envy the job he has and all the cool "junk" he gets to play with at work. The tour was fantastic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There was even an old Packard or two to look over......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A meeting at Eddyville sounds cool. Rods 34 and my Dads 31 will be ready for a pass or two soon. It would be easy to talk the GOB into a blast in his 63 wagon. Keep me posted. In the meantime I'll work on narrowing down my wishlist from the day. Hey Matt, can you pm me your bosses number? I have a thousand questions and I can't get that yellow Caddy out of my head....

30. redzula

redzula

Cool! Lots of fairly solid looking cars. And your cars look good too. What is the sedan (couldn't really tell from that angle) early 50's something it looks like

Sent from my DROID RAZR using H.A.M.B. mobile app