Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. With a lot of pieces and welding I formed the jamb to fit the door. Unfortunatly I zoned out and did not get any pics of the jamb in pcs. But here is the finished product.

[​IMG]

With the tops n jambs finished I set all the door gaps. And slacked on pics here also.[​IMG]

The top is now complete. It's hard to get a good profile in the garage but here she is waiting for fenders.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. It was time to get a good look so I bolted her fenders and running, boards, and grill on. Then set hood on and rolled her out in to the sun.

[​IMG]

The rear fenders suck ass but were the best I could find without selling the house!

[​IMG]

Another angle.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    Kustom.Falcon likes this.
  3. I fit the front bumper but now I need to figure out how to de arch the rear without messing it up.

[​IMG]

Time for a ride. A good look at the profile. This pic. shows how moving the roof forward lengthend the rear. A 5 window has 6" between roof and trunk. A 3 window has 12". I now have 9".

[​IMG]

A good side view of the roof. She's still round.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    bct and Kustom.Falcon like this.
  4. Kiwifruit

Kiwifruit

looks great! nice profile.

5. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Looks fantastic.

6. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Just awesome. Truly inspiring. And I'm another guy glad you kept it as a 5 window.

7. Deucefanny

Deucefanny
    from Australia

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck YEAH! That is one bitch'in 36. Awesome work on the top and I love the rounded door tops. Very very nice!:):):)

8. Deucefanny

Deucefanny
    from Australia

I really gotta get my step Dads 37 coupe off him and build it like this.

9. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Nice work on the chop.

10. As I said before, you really nailed that shop Kipp. If you think your rear fenders are bad you should have seen mine. I would be glad to have yours but as you stated it I´m not gonna sell my house either so I´ll stick with what I have and do the best out of it.After all they are Henry steel.

11. ColinCS

ColinCS

Way cool man, I'm definitely staying tuned to this build.

12. looks great! nice profile.

Thanks KIWIFRUIT. I think it worked out nice.

Looks fantastic.

Thanks 32coop.

Just awesome. Truly inspiring. And I'm another guy glad you kept it as a 5 window

Thank you CanUFelix. I think it will be more unique as a 5w also.

13. Thanks. I think the corners were worth the extra work..

14. Thanks Kenneth. I had the vision in my head so it had to work. (right?) My biggest problem is long ago I passed on decent fenders because they were a little expensive and now I have as much money a many many hours in to them. Oh well.

15. Thanks.
    Thank you. Theres more to come.

16. RR496

RR496

Great Job! Ride is looking RAD!

17. I decided to jump around a little so I installed the dash and steering wheel. I took the dead dash from the ravine sedan and trimmed the top off blasted it and then bolted it in place. Then I took the 40 dash that I got from Roundvally in a trade and trimmed it welded it to the lip of the 36 dash. The dash fit with little modification.
    The Chrysler steering wheel was next. The taper was close but not the same so I got my reamer and gave it the right taper then I cut a keyway in it now it fits the stock colmn.

[​IMG]

18. Thank a lot.

19. 36fred

36fred

Great job kippers love the chop and the back door corners. I think one of the best things I did to clean the lines was to extend the trunk lid to follow the lines. I highly recommend if you plan to do much traveling in it. Keep the post coming.

20. Thanks a lot. The lines on your deck are awesome.

21. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Perfect!!!! 1/4 windows Perfect!!!!! kept the natural shape not a flat top at all:D So fine work

22. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Awesome build! Killer job on the chop and leaving the roof line more round. Looks amazing. Very cool car, can't wait to see it done.

23. cmarcus

cmarcus

Kipp,
    Unreal work man. Love those cars! I like how you kept the chop looking like it was "meant" to be there. Gonna be following this one!

24. Nice work. Subscribed!

25. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Are you going to fill the roof? Hope not IMHO.

26. THANKS. Compliments greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Hope to be done by spring.

Thanks. I knew it could be done just had to let her tell me where she wanted cut.

Thank you.

Hell no! I like the bumps and bulges.

27. It's time to start repairing my crappy fender's so I started with the front of the left rear. When I bought it there was a crappy repair. So it was cut off to start over.

[​IMG]

First I took the bottom from the fender off the ravine sedan. It was straight but the bottom was rusted off. So I grafted it to the coupe fender. so I dident have to run the patch panel so far up the fender.

[​IMG]

Then I took the patch panel and pieced in only what I needed from it.

[​IMG]

Finely it is welded smoothed and finished off ready to start on the rear half.

[​IMG]

28. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Love this coupe Kip. Hope you're ready to sell it when its done! I want it already!

29. Beautiful work Kipp. What do you use to smooth your welds? DA? Belt sander, also what grit?

30. You know Brady usualy everything is for sale for the right price but I don't know about this one.

Thank. I use a 3" twistlock disc on a angle diegrinder with a 50 grit disc being careful not to remove material from panels on the sides of the weld. Hammer and dollying as I go to make as even as possible. Also be careful to not generate to much heat! Then finish with a DA and 80 grit then 100 to finish. Go slow and don't rush. Also its important if you use a mig to leave a small gap between panels so as not to grind all the weld off. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013