Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects haters gonna hate. My Rudy truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Yeah, cool truck.
    Cant wait to see what you do with it.

Gave me some inspiration for some artwork for the FAS.

[​IMG]

2. A Boner

A Boner

While the Rudy truck is credited (or discredited) for starting all these truck cab-based vehilces, I am trying to remember, what year was that truck built? Is there any evidence of a simlar truck ever being built before i.e. little pages, hot rod mag, etc.?[/QUOTE]

Was a feature truck in the May 2002 issue of American Rodder magazine.

3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Was a feature truck in the May 2002 issue of American Rodder magazine.[/QUOTE]

While not a aesthetically pleasing as Rudy's truck, here a couple examples from the 50's and 60's The racing trucks is possibly what started the street trucks to be built.

Attached Files:

4. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I remember seeing a picture of a fenderless '35 or '36 ford pickup on a drag strip here on the HAMB quite a while back.

Blue

5. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I have seen them back in the 2000 maybe before that showing up around here at times. I really like trucks and the ones in this thread have nailed the look.

What are the wheel bases?

I looked at a 46 Ford cab for $250 and thought about making a frame for it like a T bucket frame and short wheel base but that is another project I would like to do after my Bucket build. Also getting a title would be hard.

6. It needs a Big Block Chevy...

:D

Sam

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Sweet truck looks killer and got some nice 10 yards of purple tweed for ya .....QUOTE=Plowboy;9063691]The truck is fuschia and teal green. Of course the bed is gonna dump. It is getting some splash graphix too.[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

8. My dads buddy threw one together back in the 60s and I have a few shots in various magazines as well.

9. PandorasBox99

PandorasBox99

10. Woob

Woob
    from Falcon, CO

Primer coat?

[​IMG]

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I think associating this truck with Ratt is "A Little Too Much" and may be more of an "All Or Nothing" kind of deal. Now Plowboy has always been a guy that goes "All The Way" and does things "As Good as it Gets" and makes you come "Back For More". The "Bottom Line" is what he does hits you right "Between The Eyes" like a "Chain Reaction". Now I hold his work "Closer To My Heart" as I find it to be "Dangerous But Worth The Risk" or maybe just "Dangerous". Now I read this thread and feel the need to "Hold Tight" as "I Want It All" and no amount of "Hard Time" will change the desire to "Lay It Down" and go "City To City" with this "Garden of Eden" of trucks and "Eat Em Up Alive". It's good to see the man has "Gave Up Given' Up" and is back in the game. We all know "It Ain't Easy" "Givin' Yourself Away". But it is "No Surprise" the he is "One Step Away" from giving us something that is "So Good, So Fine" that we want to "Tell The World" about this little bit of "Ratt Madness". Now "Shame Shame Shame" on those that want to give the man a "Hard Time" for devoting another "Lost Weekend" to "Scratch That Itch" and show us his "Top Secret" "Sweet Cheater". So now it is "Diamond Time Again" for him to "Dance" "City To City" "In Your Direction". "You're In Trouble" if "You Think You're Tough" and this in not a "Tug Of War" between "What I'm After" and "We Don't Belong". We can go "Round And Round" as to if this a desperate plea of "I Want A Women" or "I'm Insane" because in the end "She Wants Money" and will "Take A Big Bite". So "What's It Gonna Be"? Either "You're In Love" or "Live For Today" but no "Lack Of Communciation" is going to change that "Lovin' You Is A Dirty Job". So "Look Out Below" I'm "Luv Sick" to more "Scene Of The Crime" pics. Since his first build he's been a "Wanted Man" wether "Walking The Dog" or "You Should Know By Now" "What You Give Is What You Get". So "Don't Let Go" and "Don't Bite The Hand That Feeds" there is a "Dead Reckoning" ready to "Breakout" the "Best Of Me". Now this "Dr. Rock" of building has "Got Me On The Line" to "Eat Me Up Alive" with "Body Talk". It's all a "Heads I Win, Tails You Lose" situation.
    But one thing is for sure you "Can't Wait On Love" at "Last Call" because "Nobody Rides For Free" in this world. And "Never Use Love" or "Mother Blues", or even a "Slip Of The Lip" as your "Intro To Shame". So if he offers to "Take Me Home" "The Morning After" I will "Take It Anyway" like a "Steel River". And you know "U Got It" when you realize that "Lovin' You's A Dirty Shame"

Spoggie likes this.
  12. zman, That's a work of art!

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Zman....that is sad.

14. We all have a little hair band in us, some more than others!:D

15. "Fuchsia...is that a color?"

16. jjjmm56

jjjmm56
    from FL.

FUCH yea !!

17. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry Tman. That was a truly doooshey time in music. But you're lucky, I'll still associate with you all!

18. Yelpat

Yelpat
    from Arkansas

Right on the mark with the truck plowboy . That's what hot roddin
    Is all about in my thoughts. I'm working on a 39 ford pu
    Myself

19. There is no bad time in music just bad artists using pitch correct as an instrument......
    and Aaron will make that truck into a piece of art....jus wait and see!

20. Yer just jealous about the hair thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record I was into more off the wall AOR radio than the hairbands. SRV was more my style.

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

.....I was just kidding about the dump bed by the way. This ain't no Kix video.....

22. slammed

slammed

Dude, let them believe what ever they want. Keeps the noob'z in the dark.

23. 8flat

8flat

HAHAHAHA... that and the splash graphics had me laughing..

24. slammed

slammed

ZMAN! That was dare I say (I dare) ~Germ~ like quality. Brilliant.

25. 8flat

8flat

Zman you funny bastard...hahaha....

26. I might be impressed if zman could do that with Perry Como.

27. Some quality stuff there zman! Definitely approaching the Germ. (...I shoulda printed some o' that Germ shit way back...)

28. 067chevy

067chevy

My version of the Rudy truck.
    <a

href="http://s302.photobucket.com/user/ratz2840/media/IMG_20120522_154531.jpg.html" target="_blank">[img]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/ratz2840/IMG_20120522_154531.jpg</a>[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. slammed

slammed

^^^^Turned out very nice.^^^^^