Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1932 Ford 4-doors,,who has one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 10, 2008.

1. samsonized

samsonized

very cool thanks for the pix

2. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Mine on its journey home 29k mile car and almost rustfree

Attached Files:

3. Geez John, quit scarfin up all the good stuff :D

4. dont you mean mine lol
    coming to see you tonight
    tk

5. NealinCA

NealinCA

Wow, nice find John!

6. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Nice Fordor John!

7. Chris,,your one to be talking smack! :D HRP

8. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

For sale perhaps?
    :)

9. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Damn,,,I want a 32 fordor, 2 door, 5 window 3 window, cabiriolet, Vicky, roadster and a truck. That should not be too much for an old man to ask for.......

10. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Ha ha ha me Chris your the best hands down finding the old tin:D

11. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

:D.
    Thank you and it found me were it was a freind who had it for 47 years as is. I knew he had it but he didnt want to let her go just yet.
    Thanks I am still thinking about the 241 goodies
    See I am not the only one :D

12. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Well then, I'll keep trying to talk you out of those 241 goodies:D

13. redo32

redo32

I guess I'll add this, I just drug it home. Sold new in Aberdeen,Wa, was a black hot rod by 1957 with sbc. John bought it at a sheriffs auction for $300 in early 60's. After scattering a 283 he got a good deal on a wrecked new Impala's running gear & installed the 327 & 4 speed. It has a 57 Chev rear and 48 Ford front brakes, Chev pu master cyl & hyd clutch. John paid a buddy $75 to paint it the 56 Ford Pine nut green metalic and retained the white vinyl interior from 57. With the generator sticking out he ran it hoodless, with Chev headlights on a cut bar. After 10 years of cruising and racing he parked it the back of the shop and it sat for 40 years. Mike finally talked him out of it a couple of months ago and he collected parts to put it back on the road. Having sold his parts business and having a nice 32 Sedan in the garage, Mike decided to enjoy his retirement rather than fighting the aggravation of rebuilding the tired old hot rod. Thank you Mike!! We struck a deal and I added it to my collection of projects. I plan on going thru the mechanical to get it running after the 40 year sleep and scrubbing the rest to show how they were built in the 50's. I've got to paint the hood, I hope I can close my eyes & make it match the $75 job. Maybe freshen up the white running boards, I wonder why the firewall wasn't white too. John said it ran good with the 4X2s on it, I get aggravated by the old carbs, cussed at my 40 Merc until I found the faulty pressure reg was the culprit. Going to DMV in the morning, the Wash tile is goofy because of the sheriffs sale, wish me luck.

Attached Files:

29EHV8 likes this.
  14. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

That is a really cool car, love deuce four doors. More pics would be great.

15. redo32

redo32

So I stopped in at the DMV Thursday night, they locked the door at 5 and at least took care of everybody in the building. They need to inspect all out of state vehicles, I explained the Washington title had a bogus vin#. They said the State Police would have to inspect it then. "Can I go there?" I asked. No. You need a referral from us after we inspect it and then you have to make an appointment with the OSP. So I take the 32 on the trailer to town this morning, walk in the door and take a number. #21, that's not bad, but there are a lot of people here. They call # 52. Holy shit they go to 99 & start over, there are 70 people in front of me. Two hours later the same lady I talked to last night called my # , I showed her the paper work I filled out yesterday, and again explained that the car was obtained from a sheriffs sale in 1962 and Wash State generated that title with the bogus vin #. We walk out to inspect the car's vin. I give her the dissertation on Henry's numbering system. She said the OSP will have to inspect & it will be their decision to issue a new number or accept the original one. She gives me the vin inspection form with "Referral" stamped on it to make it official & gives me the phone # of OSP. She said they only do inspections on Friday's, it's noon, so I think maybe they can do it today. No such luck, NEXT Friday,10:00. I think I'll leave it on the trailer. Overall I'm not too pissed for the wasted time, I expected to have to jump thru the hoops. After all how could I be upset when I'm the proud new owner of a neat old hot rod.

Attached Files:

16. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Man, I remember looking at this car on craigslist everyday it was still listed, wishing I had the cash to scoop it up. Great score, hopefully you'll have it out and about soon.

3ARDUN2 likes this.
  17. redo32

redo32

Just looked up the parking sticker for McAllister Hall. It's WSU in Pullman. Some luck kid got to drive this hot rod to college clear across the state.

18. Qw

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. redo32

redo32

I had an appointment at the State Police at 10:00 AM, showed up on the dot and was told that the officer was in the field, he showed in about 20 minutes. I'm sure they have had people not show up & waste their time, not sure if it's fair to waste mine, but as much as we all bitch about government waste if they are more efficient I can donate a little of my time. The officer was a neat, young guy and he had no trouble reading the numbers on the frame. He thought the Ford six was a b, I showed him it was the same number as the 9 inverted. He disappeared behind the computer to investigate the numbers and determined that the frame # was now accepted as a vin. He wrote that on the inspection form for the DMV and recommended that they use the frame # too. That went well, so I went by DMV office just around the corner from the shop. Took a number & waited for the 40 people in front of me. My luck run out, I got the dummy. He looked at the paperwork & said "We'll assign a blue sticker". I told him to read the back, the officer inspected the frame # & recommended to use that #. He went in the back office, returned & said No we'll assign a # & sticker. I protested, said I would not accept that. The frame #'s were good, the car is an original never disassembled car. It is not a kit car or an assembled car with aftermarket parts. He said it would take time to do the paperwork & told me to take a seat. When he emerged he had a conference with the gal that had inspected last week then he called me over & said they were going to send the paperwork to the head office in Salem & let them determine what to do. Another instance of out public employees not making a simple decision and shirking the responsibility to somebody else. Four hours and two trips to town & I still don't know if I have a good title.
    9/30/13 Three weeks ago I got a letter from Salem asking for more information. They thought we sent them registration for two different cars because the Washington vin didn't match the new registration inspection form. More dummies on the tax rolls. I had the weekend to build up a good argument and called them Monday morning. The lady that answered put me on hold to look up the file. She returned & said " I looked over everything & I don't see a problem. We'll have the title with the frame numbers on it in the mail in a week." I said "thank you!! You made my day, but I've got a 5 gallon bucket full of arguments and nobody to yell at." I was still a little nervous, it two weeks to get here.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  20. cruisin32ford

cruisin32ford

Love this car. Anyone know how much the chop is? I'm getting ready to do my 4 door and this is the look I 've got to have! Thanks! Bobby G. Whoops! I was talking about the New Zealand 4 door. I though this would end up under that picture!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  21. samsonized

samsonized

22. dfeazell

dfeazell
    from iowa

Found this model B hidden away in a pole barn right in the town I live. It is rust free, wood is excellent, and all parts are present bagged and labeled.

Attached Files:

spiffy1937 likes this.
  23. Yes it is, we had this same discussion on several pages in July of 2008 when I first posted the pics of the conversion. Did you miss that? Same idea though.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  24. Wow, what a find! You don't see them that nice very often! Where are you in Iowa? What are your plans for it?

25. dfeazell

dfeazell
    from iowa

I am going to put the doors back on and drive it around a little. My plans are for a restoration back to original with two tone brewster green paint and black wheels. I am in northeast Iowa near Waterloo. Should be another two months of good weather before they salt the roads.

26. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

I have two and would sell both as complete cars and the stocker body complete. Either one $28,500. Body complete $16,500. Burgundy car has 327, turbo 350. Stocker has 59AB all else original. Both are rust-free bodies. Call for details, don't post questions here. Located in CT. (860) 913-4680 //Stock one is SOLD//

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  27. hawleywood1

hawleywood1

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379561649.047184.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379561666.933684.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379561685.265306.jpg my Brizio Fordor

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

spiffy1937 likes this.
  28. Great looking sedan. HRP

[​IMG]

29. clem

clem

3 inch chop. - rear wheel wells have been raised 2 inches

29EHV8 likes this.
  30. BAAD32

BAAD32

Here's mine in progress

Attached Files:

• z3.jpg