Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1964 Falcon Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by peterman921, Jul 17, 2013.

1. peterman921

peterman921

not much new to report. new key made for tailgate key switch and the lift motor is being rebuilt. found some rust through at the tailgate spring hinge. bought the bamboo, insulation and luan for the headliner.

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I recently saw a slick little falcon wagon like yours,It was wearing its factory worn burgundy paint with wood grain sides and a set of these to top it off. (It was five lug) I think these are cool and match the look of this body style falcon well.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  3. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

One of the great things about customs is you can always change things. Stay with the green wheels, if down the road they don't turn your crank anymore, change them. I did the same thing with my wagon, made some custom hubcaps, when I fusrt put them on they didn't blow my socks off, kept them on and now I really dig them.

4. jpnewlin

jpnewlin

That is a neat wagon!

5. peterman921

peterman921

Low Budget, nice rims could use them on the 65 sedan. the wagon is a 6 the
    "buzzin half dozen".

gotta glass pack donated today, while I was workin 70 miles away. hoping to put a couple hours in on Sunday after Saturdays trip to Salem, Or. for the Rust-O-Rama

6. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Cool little wagon, Im not a fan of green, but its your ride like you said. I have a 65 falcon wagon myself. Mine has 302/ 5 speed, air ride. they are sweet little rides man.

7. syxxstring

syxxstring

Im gonna go against the majority. I dig the green wheels.

8. fca2572

fca2572
    from Texas

I like the little wagon and I wish you were near by I would let you do the wood on my 64 Falcon

Attached Files:

9. peterman921

peterman921

fca2572, nice wagon.

got the beauty rings in, just perfect. the window lift motor is back from the rebuilders. floorpans are worse than I thought so replacing those now. still have the exhaust to fit and weld.

one week left to Ratrod -O-Rama. nothing like a deadline :)

10. peterman921

peterman921

[​IMG]

made it to Ratrod-O-Rama without the back window and exhaust. everybody that came by checked it out and met a few new falcon guys and even another HAMBer. still undecided on the hubcaps, may still spring for some new babymoons.

runs pretty well but smokin a little, I have no idea how old the motor is. but I have a spare head. may get it reworked and put it on.

got an exhaust put on after the show, but I'm gonna take it in and get it done right. will attempt to get the tailgate window and motor in today. then new door locks, and window felts. headliner still in the works and possibly a steel bamboo rear bumper, a local fabricator makes some very realistic steel bamboo for gates and fences.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  11. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

The green wheels look way better in that last photo.

12. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Thought you might appreciate this sedan delivery.

[​IMG]

13. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

I dig the green wheels. early 1990s Nissan 240s were rear wheel drive, had the same bolt 4 lug bolt pattern and were 15s if you want to stay with steelies but go with a larger diameter tire.

14. peterman921

peterman921

Barn find...WANT!! that has been my dream car. 2 door delivery preferably 289 4spd.

Wombat...good to know

so yesterday i spent some more time on the Falcon and got the heater hoses in, and motor working, that will be nice when it gets cold. and even more exciting to me, is that I got the electric tailgate window in and working. it goes up AND it goes down, using either the tailgate switch or the dash mounted switch.

and I have a line on a 200 six with three speed auto (mine is a two speed)

15. peterman921

peterman921

picked up the 3" steel bamboo the other day and found out my wipers only go to vertical, so I dont get the full sweep.