Register now to get rid of these ads!

So my 15 year old sister just bought her first car .. and its awesome!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Luke4554, Jul 24, 2013.

1. turdytoo

turdytoo

And not good enough for her.

2. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Great story, LEAPS ahead of my first car growing up in the UK. Doubt many here would know it, an old Vauxhall Cresta.

Hope she enjoys the car!

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

My niece, who use to love riding in my cars, was getting to driving age. I asked her how she would like an old car like mines. She loved the idea until she found out it didn't have an auto or A/C. BTW, cool car. Guess that takes care of birthdays and Xmas,,,,,,car parts!

4. D.B. Cooper

D.B. Cooper
    from SD

The force is strong in this one.

5. Luke4554

Luke4554

Exactly what I was thinking. Just one more family member making it easier on me during the holidays

6. falconeer

falconeer

Man, that picture is priceless. the smile takes care of a thousand words. Wish
    my kids were into old cars . Instead they are into rice burners and SUVs.Don't take after old dad. I've had a blue million in my life time and still going. Right now I'm Falcon Crazy. Got 5 and looking for more.

Butch Evans(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC

http://public.fotki.com/falconeer

7. pumpman

pumpman

Great to hear and thanks for sharing. Nice to see the tradition lives on and with a very cute owner. Love the pics!

8. Mickey One

Mickey One

She did real good!That's an awesome first car.My daughter would love to have a ride like that.

9. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Cool car. Good for her.

10. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

Man, it makes me feel good to see this! First for the fine taste in automobiles, and secondly for the family support. Dad filled us full of cool car stories when we were kids, but when I started draggin' stuff home at age 14, he was through messin' with cars........ Damn proud of you sister!!

11. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Wow, I'm jealous and the car is almost as old as I am. I hope Sis does well with the car, learns from working on it and has more good times than oops times in it and with it.

12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations to you and your parents for raising her right. Nice to see her so happy with it.

13. rattlesnakedaddy

rattlesnakedaddy

Very cool car for anyone, and a first car to boot.

It took a while for me to get there as I went from an '89 Mustang, to a '92 Truck, to '87 VW, to a '67 Galaxie 500 (man I wish I still had that car) before I really caught the bug.

14. oddcraig

oddcraig

This is awesome mate! Your dad did a top job. My 13 yo twin daughters are slowly being educated about old cars in between zombie and vampire movies

15. Really nice car. I always liked the 59 Galaxies, they look so well proportioned.

It looks like it has long chrome trim going down the top of the front fenders in the photo. Is that correct? I have never seen that on a 59 Galaxie before.

16. Hey, I wanna add my congrats to your sister on a really cool first car! I don't know where she found that '59, but it looks to be in great shape.

I hope she doesn't mind, but I couldn't resist some (very) mild customizing just because I can't leave things alone.. :eek:

I thought a mild lowering would look good and something you and your dad could do (with her supervision of course!). Then, with it lowered you could get her some cruiser skirts (then you don't have to use the factory chrome ones) for Christmas! Dad can get her some wide whites and lancers at the same time. Then all that would be required would be some blue paint for the skirts (and while you were at it you could remove a bit of trim on the roof and quarters)... :)

[​IMG]

Glad to help! :D:D

Seriously - cool catch sis!
    -Dave

17. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

I like the skirts. Can you do it again with T-bird wire wheels?

18. Geez.. some folks are never satisfied. ;)

Actually I thought of doing this, but figured it would be a pricy thing for a first car. Of course there are always birthday presents...

[​IMG]

-Dave

19. fritzz

fritzz
    from canada

very cool,she is glowing,she will surely enjoy that ride.

20. Bill in Al

Bill in Al

Ah-memories,memories!My first new car was a '59 baby blue Ranchwagon six passenger with a heater and whitewalls.I've never seen anyone any happier with a new ride than little Sis. Enjoy!!

21. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Ahhhh....much better! lol...ok, I'm satisfied now....

22. Thats pretty cool. Most 15 year old boys today wouldn't want a car like that much less a 15 year old girl ... good for her!

23. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Apparently there is still hope for the younger generations and women. I'm inspired now.

24. shooter6

shooter6

Tell her to never let a friend or boy friend drive it, as they won't respect it!

25. one2roc

one2roc

Wow, what a find! Very cool she's into the old styling of yester-year.

26. Yeah, and when she rubs those bumpers up against the plastic running around the neighborhood guess who's going to win!! Great first car!

27. Usually the youngins want a brand new honda or bmw.. You are a lucky brother. To top it off its a ford. Congrats!

28. ardyboy

ardyboy

my kind of girl too but I'm older than her car. I guess every generation has a few of these keepers.

29. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I think that made her smile get even bigger!

30. The skirts and whites make the car