Register now to get rid of these ads!

Over sea's buyer question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldwood, Jul 21, 2013.

1. I have never sold a car on this site But I have bought alot of parts and never had a problem. My OT craigslist adds always get a response from some one in Europe or Africa that wants to send you more money than posted or some crazy pay scheme. Lately they have all been at sea (Navy, Merchant sailor etc.) and want you to deal with another person back home. Sorry but if my first thought is WTF? I will not make the deal. It sucks that this reflects on all the legit buyers and I am sure the vast majority are. I would have no problems doing a bank to bank transfer.

2. PayPal transactions can be disputed and reversed just like credit card charges.

Bank wire transfer is the only way to go.

No need to open a new account.

Be prepared to have to wait up to (7) days to have the funds
    post to your account on an international wire transfer.

Good Luck !

Jim

3. A Rodder

A Rodder

Can someone confirm wether or not a PayPal transaction OUTSIDE OF AN EBAY PURCHASE can be disputed?

4. big M

big M

Dorsey, Definitely bank wire transfer, especially for larger amounts. It's safe, and the funds are transferred instantly.

---John

5. The other problem with paypal besides their high fees is that all the buyer has to do is claim that he is not satisfied with the purchase and POOF----your money disappears until paypal decides who is right. And it is always the buyer. Those scum bags have a couple of hundred bucks of mine tied up right now. And good luck getting anything other than an automated email response. Screw them---use the bank wire.

6. Now all this information has been very interesting and a real learning curve.
    Thanks guys

7. A Rodder

A Rodder

I looked,
    this is what I read from paypals direct website.

Purchase Protection

If an eligible item that you’ve purchased online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, our Purchase Protection will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item plus shipping costs.

See user agreement

Here are a few examples of situations where an item doesn’t match the seller’s description: you purchased a book and got a DVD, you purchased a new item but got something that was used, you purchased 3 items but only got 2, the item was damaged during shipping, the item is missing major parts (that the seller didn’t disclose), or you purchased an authentic brand but got a knockoff instead. If the seller has accurately described an item, but you’re just not happy with it, that doesn’t qualify for Purchase Protection.

Purchase Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal. It also covers you when you make a payment on our website. You must open a dispute within 45 days of your purchase or payment to initiate the Purchase Protection process. Finally, your account must be in good standing with us to get Purchase Protection.

Purchase Protection does not cover certain kinds of purchases. These include: digital goods (intangible items), services, real estate, motorized vehicles (of any kind), custom made items, travel tickets, industrial machinery (for manufacturing), prepaid cards, or items that violate our policies or eBay’s policies (stuff that’s usually prohibited by law anyway). Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family.

Most of the eligibility requirements for Purchase Protection are written above. However, if you still have questions, you can review more about Purchase Protection in our User Agreement.

For a vehicle purchase, using paypal as a deposit or payment, other than the fee, is there a downside?

I feel when someone calls me on a car I am trying to sell and they say they want it and it is Saturday night at 9PM, I will take a deposit and pay the fee everytime. 1000 dollar deposit costs you $40. And you have a done deal.

Who has bought a VEHICLE and had a bad experience regarding the money being pulled back out?

8. From the latest PayPal Terms of Service:

@ https://cms.paypal.com/al/cgi-bin/m...ntent_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US

" . Errors and Unauthorized Transactions.
    8.1 Protection for Unauthorized Transactions and Errors. When an Unauthorized Transaction or an Error occurs in your Account, PayPal will cover you for the full amount of every eligible Unauthorized Transaction or Error so long as you follow the procedures discussed below.

An Unauthorized Transaction occurs when a payment is sent from your Account that you did not authorize and that did not benefit you. For example, if someone steals your password, uses the password to access your Account, and sends a payment from your Account, an Unauthorized Transaction has occurred. If you give someone access to your Account (by giving them your login information) and they conduct transactions without your knowledge or permission, you are responsible for any resulting use. "

Jim

9. basicbob

basicbob

Hello, just go to your bank & get a sheet with international wire transfer info.

Scan the sheet or take some photo's & send to your buyer. It will take two days but no fees, U.S. Holds wire transfer for 24hrs.

You both will be super happy! I've used this process over 10 times.

Good luck, Bob

10. racer32

racer32

+1 on wire transfer. As a seller, I was a little leery of it at first, but once I got the lowdown from my bank, I was quite happy with the process when receiving a transfer from a German buyer. Paypal is a waste of money.