Register now to get rid of these ads!

FlatCad Racing's Quest for 200 MPH-a Cadillac Flathead Story!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Aug 22, 2012.

1. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

We had a few Trans issues to work out fortunately with a little modification to the bracket don made last year and some extra shift rods I had stashed away we have a fully functional shifter

[​IMG]

Chrome don't get ya home

2. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Here is the completed tank

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Freakin awesome, Don! Nice Job!

4. Hey Don and Crew . . . Fanfrickingtastic work! Love it!

5. Great job Randy - I was worried that you'd have to start from scratch - so this is great news!

6. no bux rod

no bux rod

Buddy, Dale,

Check your PMs. I sent some recommendations for wiring and the data logger problem you had last year.

Amazing work by ALL on this project. Keep going........Dyno days will be here soon.

N B R

7. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NBR,[/FONT]

Thanks for the PM! Wow, ton's of good, useful info in it- I really appreciate the thought and effort by you!:cool:

We are working towards implementing as many of your suggestions as we can, before we hit the salt.

8. Probably too close to speed week but I do have a new air box that I had a friend make. Doesn't fit right. I'll talk to you out there about it. :)

9. Yes! Very nice!

[​IMG]

10. Man, you guys arnt going to leave me anything to do!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Sure we are-someone has to wear the shirt!:D

12. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Just a quick update- things are going well. The new driveline came in, and is installed, as is the clutch and slave cylinder.

New blower restraint belts showed up, shifter is done, and new fuel tank showed up. Randy will fab up the tunnel around the new shifter location this weekend, and we have a little fuel plumbing and electrical to finish up.

All is well in our world!

13. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

The car should be complete this weekend. Randy is installing the fuel tank today, and finishing up the plumbing.

2 Go-Pro camers are on the way, and we're about ready! Randy will probably update this with pics in a day or two!

14. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Good to hear that you are on track:)

Go-pro? so now you are going pro?:)
    What you need is 2 Sony HDRAS15 with 2 sound enhancing front covers, or just drill some small holes in the front and use a small pice of a washing sponge to insulate some of the wind-noise in 200mph:)

I don't know how you can do this with the GO-PO, but for us it's more important to capture the sound rather then the camera is sealed for underwater use.

Good luck on the dyno:)

Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

15. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

One picture you posted showed the car in a vintage body class the other one in a regular gas coupe class, which one are you going to run ?

16. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Both!

We're going to run on Salt Cat's Fuel Comp Coupe record......:D

17. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Buddie, Looking forward to some great numbers out of that mill ! Bet it will be a shaking that building ! ! !

Looking forward to when you will bring the car to El Mirage. I will have to jump in my '41 and check it out !

Dave

18. Looking forward to when you will bring the car to El Mirage.

x2

19. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I'm looking forward to catching up with you guys at El Mirage-it will most likely be in October, due to my work schedule.

Ok guys-IT"S DYNO TIME!

Dale, Randy, and I will be in Witchita, KS. this weekend, getting a tune on this beast, along with some new dyno numbers!

Alky! Alky! Alky!

20. Go Flatcad GO!!!!!

better make sure that baby is well secured, don't want to see it in Tennessee..........

21. One week from today I'll be sitting at "the Bend"! Tech first thing Thurs. morning. See you cats there!

22. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Thanks Carl!

So will we-see you there!

23. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Hi Guys here is an up-date on the Dyno

Well it has been a rough start #1 Dales Friday night flight was canceled , he had to get a flight out this morning and arrived at 10, # 2 the airline lost all his luggage, including the Mags and all the wiring setups , after 5 hours they got a call the luggage was on its way !!! So Right now they are finally starting to put the car together to fire up late tonight and if all is good start the tune in the morning. So Keep your fingers crossed we have no more set backs

24. Vergil

Vergil

Thanks for the update ... was wondering

Vergil

25. Oh the fun of the last minute thrash. Looking forward to some big #s for you. Just waxing everything here, trying to get every last tenth of a mph out of the old truck. Good luck guys and we'll see you out there.

26. Go Flatcad GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will miss being there.........

27. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

OK------ Dyno Complete

The numbers on Gas were good to last years numbers,, Alky was a fight,, all the runs we too fat and no jets small enough to make any good runs. We will be getting some new jets overnight ed to me and will as Per John Beck do some leaning with Nytro !! Buddy and Randy are packing and Headed back to Randys to work on the clutch issues,, not enough throw to disengage,,,, SEE YOU ON THE SALT !!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  28. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Oh. I really hope you will get her to run well, you all deserve it!:)

Just curious, what size where still to fat, and do you run with an idle bypass?

K

Taildragger&fenderless

29. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

What is the elevation you are dynoing at? How does it compare to Bonneville? Will you have to lean it out a bunch more when you get out there?