Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

After all the rain we had it'll feel good to do something this weekend.

Have way too much going on right now to be able to be away from home for a weekend. Gina's son's home had some water damage from the storms so we'll be spending time helping them out.

NOT going to Columbus..... but I am definitely going to Mineral Beach on Friday evening.

After all of the bad weather we have had I think the place will be packed with people & cars. Weather is suppose to be great.

2. I was thinking about heading to Mineral Beach also. Maybe I'll see ya there.

Dustin

3. Im out for Saturday morning... prior commitment

4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i'm manning the Washington County History & Landmarks table at the Whiskey Rebellion Festival in WashPa. hope to make it to Ralley in the Valley

5. You'll make it to Ralley in the Valley. Just be sure to take it easy on the whiskey.

Dustin

6. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i drink Western Pa BoilerMakers, a shot of unsweetened ice tea with a slug of Diet Coke, makes me feel 10 Feet Tall! But, i'll bring beer to the Valley.

7. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I'm not really a "morning person" but will come if others are

8. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Hey Gary, You aren't really an "afternoon person" either! Doesn't look like there is much positive response to Eat'N Park this Sat.morning. I like your idea about a Fiddles breakfast someday, heck, if we just get a half dozen guys it can be fun.

9. I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach Saturday but I'd like to tag along with you guys sometime.

Dustin

10. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Hell,lately,I ain't even been an evening person haha--keep in touch

11. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

I REALLY want to have a Pgh HAMBers meet! So sick of the usual car show guys. Where's the M

12. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Where's the MonVally eat n park? MonVally I suppose. But what's this area close too?

Thanks.

13. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Monongahela,Pa

14. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Turnout was less than expected Sat. AM at Mon City Eat'n Park, but Parking was not a problem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  15. Who is going to Rally in the Vally this upcoming Saturday???

16. chafin

chafin

Do you have any more info on it, I might be interested in going? Also, I up for a get together whenever

17. H.R.charlie

H.R.charlie

great idea,went to the last one there.I think turn-out was low because of Goodguys.I know of at least a half dozen Hambers from that area who were in Columbus.

18. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Details on this...?
    Some of you southwest guys should venture north west and have a meet.... Ill round up a few gents

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Some of us southwest guys don't venture to the southwest to have a meet. I started this forum in an attempt to have a similar group of get togethers like the ones that I attend when I am in CA visiting my family there. The hot rod guys meet Saturday mornings at different coffee shops in the area. SanJose, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Mojo Burger, Boston Market,etc. no big deal pull in park your car walk around and see what is there talk to old friends and make new ones. There are a lot of places in this area that can host a get together. Everybody won't make every get together, but you will get your locals and a few new guys might show up. What makes us different than CA is the weather, they know that the weather will probably be nice. Many of us don't want to drive a distance if there is a chance that we will get rained on. We set a date , get guys to commit, make plans to attend,then it rains. It is hard to remain enthusiastic when the weather doesn't co operate. Plan something, if it doesn't rain,there are no weddings,birthdays, graduations, nobody is sick and my car is running I might show up.

20. its at the bullskin township fairgrounds a few miles outside connellsville pa. it is a great small town hot rod show - live bands, homemade trophies, pin-up girls, typically 125+ old school hot rods and customs, and a pretty good damn time.

the guys who put on the show are good guys and do it for the right reasons - street lordz c.c.

21. This event will be on Saturday July 27<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d6d6d6; COLOR: #d6d6d6" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Every year Bud Garvey brings alive the sleepy little town of Osceola Mills, PA when he throws his 'open day' at his Mid PA Speedway Museum. The entire street opens its front and back yards up to around 100 vintage racecars and 200 Street Rods and Custom Cars. They come from all over Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, West Virginia and Maryland for the day to show their cars and Bud always throws a great party.

22. another good show... if you have never been there, its worth the trip!

23. Rally in the Valley is this Saturday! gonna be a great time.

24. Two great shows.

Attached Files:

25. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

man i hate being so far north! my lil model a hasnt had enough local miles to really take a trip..
    someday

26. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

Cool to see some of the guys from that area on here. I grew up in Uniontown and raced on Summit Mtn and Lone Star hill from 1952 until 1956 when I moved to Florida. Those were some great times. Probably back then most of you weren't even born. Also the Chevy that I have now came from Chuck Ceranic who lives in Baden. I saw somebody posted from there also.
    Bill Carroll

27. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Hey Milan, Can't make the Rally but I plan to make Fiddles. Any date set for Highwater Hootenany this year?

28. Flop

Flop

vintage grand prix this weekend!! best car event of the year !!

29. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I agree I love the vintage Grand Prix and plan on heading
    Down for a bit on sunday

30. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Yeh that might be true,BUT if you like traditional hot rods, Rally in the Valley and Steeldown Shakedown are the 2 best shows in W. Pa