Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 63 Falcon Build Thread - Stockcar for the Street

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nash510, Feb 27, 2013.

1. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

I thought about that but I am running a late model fuel injected engine and my clearance issues are more at the front of the hood (where the air intake is) than in the middle. If I had gone with a traditional engine I definitely would have exposed the air cleaner (even if I didn't have clearance issues:))

2. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Thanks. Still don't think I will be cruizin Grand this year though - so much more to do. Maybe next year.

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

Your car is look'n KILLER !

4. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Thanks Glenn.

I finished up the rest of the painting today. It may not look like it but trust me it's glossy - white just doesn't show it off like darker colors.

I have nothing but the utmost respect to those who paint cars for a living. What a pain in the rear.

Attached Files:

desertdroog likes this.
  5. AHotRod

AHotRod

I know EXACTLY what you mean brother, I just finished painting my Chevy II Wagon Saturday ..........

Attached Files:

6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Hmmm.... This gives me some nasty dirty ideas for a 1967 Valiant I have... :cool:

7. You gonna put a 21 on the doors?????

8. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

At least yours looks shiny. Nice wagon!

9. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Part of me wants to go full hog on the numbers and lettering but I think I'll just keep it more understated.

10. What do you plan for interior? This little hot rod is cool as hell!!

11. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Thanks. Probably aluminum for the kick, door and rear quarter panels and also the rear package tray. The floor? I have no idea. I will definitely need lots of sound deadening - everywhere.

12. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Hey Nash , your car looks greAt with paint , u might want to check out a product called dynadek from dynamat , nice thick rubber 3/8" , looks like the old full rubber floor covering used on 60's vehicle for your floor ,good sound deadening as well , Tintop

13. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Thanks Tintop. I'll do that.

14. English Chop

English Chop

Just read this one start to almost finished, awesome work and build, looking forward to seeing it finished!

Adam

15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Tough call on interior with a race themed car; at least for me! I always struggle with wanting a finished car look, but not getting too "fancy" and lose the race theme.

16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I would do the aluminum..with enough bead rolling and creasing and bubble type insulation on the back side [keeps the panels from oil canning and acting like a BIG freak'in speaker!] and a few rivets you can reach a medium of racy and refined carrying your art of fabrication and finish to the inside...Any blue planned on body? Blue wheels with small white stripe near the edge where beauty ring would go and a blue pin stripe at the beltline and between the Tail lights..As in a previous post the modified air cleaner sticking through the hood would look neat, maybe "shaker" style with ducting to the engine..Think any one would notice if the air cleaner wasn't real? :D

Attached Files:

17. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Very nice! It seems I always skimp on effort when it come to interiors but I will try to follow through on this one.

18. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Thanks..You don't have to do it to be on the road, although the tunnel was done in the first few years when I set the engine back.. :D..Took me six years of riding around before I put the rear aluminum in cause drag strip required it..door panels four years later [lost the handy door pouches]..a few more years and put the headliner in..a few more years and insulated/rugged the floor :cool:...all only took about thirty years and I still have the front kick panels to do :eek: [car runs fine with out], been a little lax the last ten ten years, I'll get to it one of these days..:rolleyes:

19. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Installed the hydraulics and the rest brake system yesterday and today. I had to use remote reservoirs with the reverse mount pedals due to space constraints...which makes things a little busy under the dash. I also needed to make a bracket for the brake light switch.

Attached Files:

20. 65COMET

65COMET

Looks good! I bet that was "FUN" to hook all those cylinders up!!! ROY.

21. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

The accelerator pedal didn't have enough travel when mounted to the fire wall so this bracket tilts the bottom out a bit.

Attached Files:

22. That is some first rate sanitary work there.......

23. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

You're kind to say that Mike but I just noticed the paint runs in one of the pics. I didn't even see those until I took the picture. Oh well, they'll pretty much be covered up anyway. At this point I'm not very motivated to do any wet sanding and polishing in the engine bay.

24. Bull

Bull

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I've heard of people using spray in bedliner -- LineX or the like - for sound deadening and a durable floor covering.

25. Never, never negotiate yourself to a lesser position....

26. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

I think you're right. That may be the best way to go.

27. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

It's loud and obnoxious....I think it's just about right.

Attached Files:

28. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

If it annoys the neighbors and scares the locals, then I would agree :)

Nice work getting it up and running so soon!

29. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I just saw this in a video of a MA [Milltown] show..Has wide 5 hubs but not sure I'd trust the wheels for street duty, sounded ok but alas don't know engine, etc, details.....

Attached Files:

30. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

I've been doing the wiring for the last several weeks. Prior to this I had only wired what was needed to get it running. That turned out to be the easy part. But it now has headlights, parking lights, brake lights, and turn signals all run through toggles on the left side of the dash. Bottom row from left to right - start (momentary on), ignition, fuel pump, running lights, headlamps (runs through the stock dimmer switch with relays for both low beams and high beams). Above is the turn signal switch made by Ron Francis. The remaining hole is for the wipers.

Everything under the hood is pretty much buttoned up. I've had the car up to third gear running up and down the block. I'm going to have get goggles to go any faster (or a windshield).

Attached Files: