Register now to get rid of these ads!

ever seen a car in a painting or picture you've wanted to build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamin' ace, Jul 16, 2013.

1. [​IMG]
    this car\truck is my kryptonite, though im not sure of the painting's name, i know it's by weesner, who has to be the best kustom painter in my opinion. and i have to build one eventually, just like it.

so have you guys seen any paintings or drawings of cars, trucks, planes, whatever that you know you HAVE to build?

2. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

From my Norwell penned avitar to this......

Attached Files:

3. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

4. I think most of us have been inspired to build something based on a picture or painting we have seen at one time or another.

It's called inspiration IMHO. HRP

5. well yes, of course. but i'm saying build one EXACTLY like the one in the photo,drawing, whatever.

6. I pretty much want to build one of every one of the cars depicted in Weesner's work.

7. kscarguy

kscarguy

Back in the mid/late 70's, Hotrod magazine (I think) had some drawings..one was a fastback 32 Ford and the other was a corvette styled mid 60's van. Alway wanted to build both. The van was really cool, with flip headlights, flaired fenders and corvette bumpers.

8. I prefer to be the innovator not a imitator.

I pick what I like about the photos and use those parts,,but as far as building something exactly like what is in the photo,,,No. HRP

9. ironpile

ironpile

Most certainly,usually a Henry J.But I also enjoy building something different than most.Like my current ride ,a48F1 Ford 1/2 ton roadster p/u:D

10. EdselKC

EdselKC

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yep.

I want a t like this.
    [​IMG]

12. weez

weez

I actually do these paintings because I want each one of these cars, but (because I can) I just render them in 2D to see what they look like. Faster, less expensive and takes up less room than if I was a billionaire and had a car built every time I had an idea. I think the intense longing to see a certain car with certain features, etc. is what kind of gives 'life' to the cars I dream up. If I didn't care, then you probably wouldn't care when looking at them. The enthusiasm is what comes across, in other words.

13. chop32

chop32

This sedan, built by Dave Stukey, has always spoken to me. Ive never seen another photo of it and have heard that it was never completed...Maybe if I didn't already have so many projects...

Attached Files:

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for chiming in. I admire and love your work.

15. had some early Hot Rod mag spreads that I had when I had the old RPU...still have them - the RPU went to a HAMBr....

16. Id love to have any of Weezners flying cars and a couple of his nicely drawn ladies too =)