Register now to get rid of these ads!

GoodGuys Columbus 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, Jun 4, 2013.

1. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Its normally a 5000 plus car show. That's why they moved it from Medina to Columbus. They needed a bigger fairgrounds and accommodations.

I will probably go next year.... I missed the last 2. prior to that it was packed as well. It was great weather for it for sure!

2. diamond dave

diamond dave

maybe people are getting tired of the price gouging. . . . i'm just saying.

3. Davyj

Davyj

We were there and had a great time, drove home early today, so didn't get to see the Sunday turnout, but we spent the day with quite a few cars cruising north on the highways. Always some high class rides there, also met a few friends and took time to make some new ones too! here are a few pics to quiet you guys down

Attached Files:

4. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Inside vendor told me there was 5 rows less of inside vendors. There seemed like a lot more room inside. And the non car related vendors inside seems to be growing. I don't need to know about bathtubs.

Ago

5. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

.. Well I had a blast as always, good people, amazing cars to see all weekend.

6. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Great weekend and a great show... Haters will always hate, but if you couldn't find something to see of do this weekend in Columbus you should quit trying. Perfect weather, tons of top quality cars, good people, fantastic time. Can't wait til next year.

7. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I here all the buzz about the costs to go to Columbus. Sorry to hear that some cannot afford to go but if you plan on cutting back on a couple of vices for a couple of months, then you'll have more than enough to go.
    Where else can you go in one place and see the best of the country's hotrods? The Ultra high Pros and the backyard mechanic's work, they are all there right besides each other.

Don't get me wrong, I was out of work for 4 years and sold everything we had to get by, but some how managed to go the these type of shows. I wanted to sell my '40 to make ends meet but my lovely wife stopped me.
    I guess we all have priorities in life and we all must eat and sleep hopefully under a roof.

Even with lower attendence, the crowds were great, weather perfect, and hopefully everyone that attended came away with something they didn't have before. I did, and how do you put a price on that!

8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

9. BAAD32

BAAD32

My Dad and I only shut the shop down for Thanksgiving, Christmas,and Goodguys Columbus! Haven't missed one yet, and always a good time! Always a great venue and the best cars each year. Met a lot of great people this year, and saw some really nice rides. It's the one not to miss!

10. Awesome show! Glad i made the drive out on Saturday!

11. Thanks for the pictures. It was good to meet you!

12. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Hey tell him that this year set a record...... Over 100,000 spectators, and a record 6200 cars....

Numbers tallied at a record in Columbus.....

https://www.good-guys.com/?p=6081&option=com_wordpress&Itemid=220

13. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

there where a few empty spaces inside but not 5 rows less.......

A couple indoor vendors like Woody"s with the tri-5 chevy bodies where outside with even bigger displays than last year.....It was a great show for us.

Tony

14. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Home re-coopin now haha
    We left thursday at 9am, and got home sunday at 8pm.

We had a great time.

Ive gone the past 14yrs. We had 3 Columbus "virgins" with us this year, and each said they cant wait for next year.
    And all of them followed my advice, join GGs ahead of time for the $20 digital membership, and wait to register at show incase we woulda had horrible weather.
    They didnt mind the 55 bucks for 4 days of craziness.

We drank alot, ate alot, drank more, were part of a rouving bachelor party, brought our own pool to fairgrounds with us:D, and just plain had a great time.

15. ol55 , it was good meeting you too and getting to see your cool 40 in person I took several pics of it when I found it parked

16. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Record number of cars, spectators, and vendors. Some moved outside for a bigger display as mentioned above. There wasn't "less" of anything.. it was the best one yet... even the bathtub vendors could tell you that.

17. nor6304

nor6304
    from Indiana

I've been to 15 in a row & wasn't planning on going back after this year The show was really good & have already made my plans to attend again next year In 15 years I've watched it grow & then start to fall in attendence ( cars & spectators ) but this year it was growing a little again The quality of cars were up & our group just had a good time Look forward to next year At least that is how I saw it

18. 1959apache

1959apache

but weren't the rows more spaced out this year compared to last. I don't recall THAT much room between rows. It seemed like the back 2 or three rows were just junk stuff that had nothing to do with hot rods.

19. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

The back couple rows always have unrelated stuff.........also missing on the side near the back where 2 different harbor freight type tool and trinket vendors who prob had 5-6 spots taking a large area.
    There where new vendors as well as some who don't return.....that happens anywhere.

As far as isle width .....they where the same....once you pull a truck in through a middle and see only a few inches on each side,you can tell.......and the end is always wider headed for the overhead door.......

what we noticed(and this happens at other venues).... Less people inside....the hardcore or people who are searching and building cars come inside.........the weather was great... No rain.... Temps that didn't cook you.....so you don't have the masses/sightseers looking for shelter.

20. Bull

Bull

Agreed on all points. We did 1.5x the sales this year over last too. That can be attributed to many factors I'm sure, but the weather helped. Last year was so hot that everyone spent all their loot on cold beverages and came in to cool off - not to shop. Most people were in the building to buy this year. At least that's the way I saw it from across the row . . . ;)

21. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

6200 was an all time record for Columbus, about 2 years ago.
    Sorry to say attendance was down to around 5500 this year.
    But still one great show.
    Cadillac Al:cool:

22. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I'm sorry CADILLAC, if you click on their site you see indeed there was 6,200 at the 2013 show.. A great time...

23. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Just look at the crowd.... Incredible, and great weather. I am sorry I missed this one for sure....

Some may have an ax to grind with GG, but its about Rodding at it best for me.... GG, NSRA. get my thumbs up

Attached Files:

24. BAAD32

BAAD32

Congrats to Henry for winning the Lobeck Memorial Award! It was well deserved and kudos to the whole Steadfast crew.

Attached Files:

25. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Always have a good time in Columbus ,weather was perfect ,vendors were there this year ,
    The pics for the awards were fantastic,I'm amazed at the young guns who are building these cars.
    Kudo's to George Poteet seems. Like a real car guy and gives the people that need a break a helping hand.
    Flea market was good didn't find anything but a lot available
    One thing is the show is just to big to see all the cars .
    Would like to see them maybe let people come into the show on Thursday
    This show is something that everyone should experience at least once
    Warning You'll definitely get hooked
    THANKS.
    GoodGuys
    FRANK

Attached Files:

26. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Been going to Columbus for over 15 years. This year went to Columbus and 1st time to Syracuse. I liked Syracuse a lot better, other than too hot on Friday (last year Columbus was worse) I still enjoyed it.Plenty of shade and rest rooms. Many different kinds of food and vendors and cars. Really a lot of room to park and camping on site. Bigger fairgrounds. Cost me $40 total for 2 people in advance to get in. I think I will pass on Columbus for Syracuse next year.

Ago

27. I've always heard good things about Syracuse and would like to check it out some year. So is the $40 cheaper than Columbus?

28. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

If you register at Columbus and join as member it is. $90

Ago

29. floored

floored

Just looked at my preregistration form, all the shows are the same price. Save some money by registering early.

Ron

30. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Why do people love to hate on Columbus so much? The price is the same as ANY other Goodguys event, including Syracuse. There is PLENTY of room for everyone, and shade parking if you want it. There are WAY more cars at Columbus than any other Goodguys event, and this year was bigger and better in every way than it's ever been.... yet people say "attendance/cars/ vendors etc. were down... blah blah blah..." which is all totally false! Not only was it NOT down, it was bigger than ever!!! Not to mention the fact the weather was absolutely PERFECT all 3 days! Columbus is just about as perfect as a hot rod show could be, with TONS of cars to look at regardless of what style of build you prefer. I honestly don't understand how anyone could NOT enjoy a day or weekend at this event!