Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do you think I did ok on this 1951 Chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KarKrazy56, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I sure hope we did not scare the guy away with our estimates on what he paid for the car.

I think is really nice even though I am always a bit skeptical of any car painted white which I think comes from my body shop back round.

When cars any body work that was not perfect they always said just shoot it in white.

Sure hope he let's us in on the price he paid.

Who ever is the closest on the price get's an all expenses paid trip to to the island of their choice for 30 seconds or 30 minutes which ever comes first.

Jimbo

2. wowwy

wowwy
    BANNED
    from california

So it cost 6 to 25 g's?

3. mechanic58

mechanic58

Well - I think we're saying anywhere between 6500 and 35000...

And as far as selling it someday is concerned - I bet you're one of those guys that thinks you need to get every dime you have in something back out of it when you sell it. That shit always cracks me up!!

Good luck!

4. upspirate

upspirate

Here's 20 cents...send me a dozen and keep the change!!:cool:

5. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

How do you expect an answer if you don't tell us what you paid? Wasted bandwidth.

6. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

this tread blows...

7. GlennCraven

GlennCraven

Exactly what I was thinking! :confused:

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

What? You paid between 6K and 20K, but it's a secret because you might want to sell it here someday? I'm confused. If you're flipping cars, you ought to know what something is really worth when you raise your hand and write a check, not ask after the fact if you got a good deal. That's kinda chickens hit (spell check corrects what I'm saying, just take the space away...) if you ask me.

Brian

9. speedexx

speedexx
    from Georgia

Yes it does. I guess it was the op's way of saying "hey, look at me."

10. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good luck with flipping it.

12. How could anyone have a clue what it's worth without seeing it on a hoist? Of course more than a few people buy them without really looking at what's important.

13. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Well that was a complete waist of everyone's time.

14. RatPin

RatPin

I just don't really like how the car was done. Too street-roddy. To me it's worth maybe $9-10k max. I would have to sink another $5k to make it look good again.

15. I'll second that motion!

16. It's worth what somebody is willing to pay for it....

I don't see anything too special there, no heater or AC (either one a minus depending on where you live), I personally wouldn't give more than $12K for it. If he paid more than 15, the seller was the one with the mask.

As to 'build cost', since when do you get out what you put in?....

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This can be a tough crowd, no doubt. I for one am kinda tired of these guessing game "how much is it worth- did I pay too much?" threads. Any time two parties walk away from a deal thinking they got the best of the other guy it was a perfect transaction regardless of the dollar amount.
    Nice car, if your happy, you paid just the right $$$$$'s.

Frank

18. spooler41

spooler41

You can probably bet that he paid too much for it. It matters not, weather he is going to sell it on the H.A.M.B., it will only be worth what someone will pay for it.

..................Jack

19. mechanic58

mechanic58

Best post in the entire thread. lol

20. You want to know if you got a good deal but you won't tell us what you paid because you might want to sell it again? What the hell does that have to do with anything? If I'm looking at a car to buy, what the owner paid has no bearing on the value or what I'm willing to pay. I don't care what the owner paid or has into the car. I'd pay what I think it's worth. If he takes a bath on it or makes a huge profit is not my concern at that point.

21. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I know you paid WAY more than I would have!

(Orale!!!)

22. What exactly are you fishing for? Compliments ? Market evaluation?

23. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

It's really all a matter of taste. I happen to like the '50 Chevy's because my Mom drove one when I was little, but as is evident from some of the comments/values expressed here, not everyone likes them. It looks like it was well done and if you like it, it really doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. Nice car by the way. If I was in the market I wouldn't have a problem paying around $15k for one in like condition.

24. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I think some of these numbers are waay high. I wouldn't pay more than 10-12. Needs different wheels tires, needs chrome grill, needs new steering column and steering wheel. Needs proper gauges and that whole giant gauge cluster removed. Then it might be a $15k car.

Ohhh and those side mirrors. Those are horrid.
    It's a nice car if ya just put 3-4k into it. Start with the wheels and tires!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. henry29

henry29

I bought some new shoelaces for my shoes this morning, Did I get the right length?

26. GM tilt columns drop 5 g's of the price instantly. nice street rod boyyeeeee

27. Grumbler

Grumbler

Yeah but its got DICE man, come on!!

28. WillyNilly

WillyNilly
    from NorCal

"Best deal is where neither party is happy with the price paid." Tyrion Lannister.

29. scrubby2009

scrubby2009

Oh Gawd I love this shit! Only on the HAMB do we get to mercilessly hack eachother AND quote trendy TV show characters. Should I be embarrassed that I have a little man-crush on that dwarf? Maybe.. At least I read the book before they made the show...

The car? Yeah, it's all out of my reach.. when you talk about 10k to 15k... all I think is how much better of a car I could BUILD if you just gave me the cash. You can still find decent unmolested '49-'52's for under 5k and BUILD IT YOURSELF. But that's just me. Yeah, I said "molested". Somebody touched that car in a very inappropriate way for a lo-ong time. No Bueno, man. Gonna need some therapy to get over that relationship!