Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deuce Days in Victoria, B.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steveo, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Hi all, I guess it is a bit late but I just wanted to remind everyone that Al Clark is hosting the North West Deuce Days again. The weekend of July 19-20-21, show on Sunday . Lots of car stuff all weekend. 968 cars registered and half will be deuces. Always a good show. I will try to post some pics after it is done.
    Learn more at www.northwestdeucedays.com

2. Wish I could go... darn it !

3. Just found out about this event yesterday. Met a couple of dudes headed out for it. One was Jamie Burns from Canada. Making the trip in a 29 roadster pick-up with "NO" top. Real road warror and a nice guy. Sounds like a great road trip. Might have to add this one to my bucket list. Jamie said they only have it every 3 years.

4. Every 2 years actually. Vic Edelbrock Jr always brings several Deuces from california for the show. Lot of fun!

5. we're on our way out. Last night, Grand Island, NE. Tonight Casper, WY. Then, Bozeman,MT, Spokane, WA, three nights in Langley, BC, then on to the island next Thursday. Hope to see some of you HAMB ERS there.

6. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be there, hoping to have my car on the road for it.
    It started out as every two years, but after 2004 they decided to do it every three years. Just read it on there website under "About" :D

7. brad2v

brad2v

I went in '07 for the 75th Anniversary show, it was terrific. Some really great cars there. And Victoria and the surrounding area is beautiful.

8. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I went in 2010 with 9 cars from my roadster club and was fortunate to get the "participents pick " . Will be going again this year , leaving Sunday AM for a leisurly 5 day roadtrip. Here's some pics of the 2010 event. There is one pic of 120 hotrods loaded into the ferry from Port Angeles , most cars they ever had on that ferry .

Attached Files:

9. skinnydude

skinnydude

The 2010 show looked quite fantastic !!! thanks for the pictures.

10. I've been working on my car every day for the last two weeks to get it ready to go.:D Can't wait!

11. uncle buck

uncle buck

Always a good time. The city of Victoria welcomes everybody with open arms too.

12. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

You bet we do! Come and enjoy our beautiful city!

13. couverkid

couverkid

My family will be there,all driving 32 fords.

14. parklane

parklane

There were 4 cars that made the trip in 2010 from Southern Ontario, including Jamie, Wayne Roachon (29 Ford roadster) Bill King (27 Ford roadster) plus Clarke Pringle from the USA (32 Ford roadster) and me trailing. Was a loot. We met up with the Canadian Rodder group in Lethbridge Alberta.

15. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the photos and have a safe trip.

16. Please take a lot of photos for us guys that can't be there. HRP

17. I was there for the 75th deuce birthday. No passport so will not make it this year. We drove up form eastern Oregon. Stayed @ a B&B on the island was very nice. Got to visit with old fart (Doug Mager & Sandy his lovely bride). Had a grand time.

18. OldschoolJay

OldschoolJay

I run the pub right down the street called Garrick's head Pub. 45 taps. gear heads welcome!
    might see my ratty 56 international truck around as well.

19. Rochie

Rochie

Hey Phil,
    I hope you, Jamie, and my old buddy pringle are having as great a time as the four of us did in 2010. Did Donnie from Buffalo go along as well?

Attached Files:

20. Short drive for me and will be there as well :D

21. olrodder

olrodder

Hey Roachie.... I didn't make it. My knee replacement fell apart on me in June, had to get another one put in, and I'm still recovering. Donnie decided not to go when I couldn't make it. I'm just glad Jamie and Phil are our there. This only comes around once every 3 years, so I'm already planning for '16...
    See ya on the road.
    Clarke

22. Fordy Frd

Fordy Frd

We'll be there, with the Fordy8 this time.

23. Leaving first thing Thursday morning! (beat the ferry traffic)

24. jaymann

jaymann

I live about an hour north of there and have never been to it. My schedule just never works out. Maybe this time!

25. b-bob

b-bob

I saw Jamie and Phil at lunch today, here in Langley. Jamie was getting some repairs done, but is now good to continue.
    There were six guys at lunch today headed over, Brian

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

X2

Frank

27. Sorry to hear Jamie had some problems. Hope he got it fixed and back on the road.

28. Internet

Internet

if anyone needs some tools and jack in Victoria, Im a stones throw from downtown (and far to lazy to scratch the shit out of someone elses car). Ill be around with my rolling project '31 Tudor in grey primer with no rear windows or a Blue 65 Studebaker Daytona. or just message me here for a phone number.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  29. b-bob

b-bob

He had rear end problem, but it was fixed and ready to go yesterday.