Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Where is Harry Luzaders's 32 coupe ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by nimrodracing50, Jul 10, 2013.

1. nimrodracing50

nimrodracing50

I understand that someone out there has Harry Luzader's 32 Ford gasser. I would love to see that car restored.

2. nimrodracing50

nimrodracing50

3. racemad55

racemad55

x-2!

4. It's hidden in a garage. I forget the guys name that has it but I always see him at the PID events. Supposedly he's going to get the car back out. I think he made some modifications to it awhile back but he's returning it to the way Harry had it. Everybody wants to see the car! Jeff Beck called the current owner and offered him an unknown amount for it and the current owner declined the offer....... Harry Luzader told me that himself!

Dustin

5. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

Can anyone post a picture of this car in its original form? I for one would love to see what the car looked like. Normal Norman

4dsrus likes this.
  6. Paint

Paint

This one?

Attached Files:

Stogy and LOU WELLS like this.
  7. Harry built the car when he was in high school and drove on the street for about a year or so then turned it into a race car.

Dustin

8. 296ardun

296ardun

one of the more memorable gassers, I too would love to see it restored to its drag racing form

9. 26Troadster

26Troadster

cool car, had never heard of it before.

10. titus

titus

Bitchen car, one of my favaorites, but i like it in black and white pics, not a fan of the green!

He also won the class championshop for D/G in 1966 with the coupe.

bad ass car

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  11. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Harry's 5 window was my inspiration in the 60's. I used to watch him at Indy and Englishtown and vowed to build a clone when I got out of college. Sadly, that never happened but I still rank his coupe as one of the best. Here is as far as I got then I went to the Army.

Attached Files:

LOU WELLS and Stogy like this.
  12. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

yeah the army thing stopped a lot of projects. from one vet to another thanks for your service.................

LOU WELLS likes this.
  13. caprezmikeb

caprezmikeb
    from pa

I worked for harry as his only mechanic for up to 2011 for three years in till I moved to Arizona. One of the smartest guys I have ever met. He gives 110 percent towards anything he does. I also helped with the race team he had crew cheifed . Attention to detail was never over looked.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. saadrvb

saadrvb
    from new york

I think he made some modifications to it awhile back but he's returning it to the way Harry had it.[​IMG]

15. nimrodracing50

nimrodracing50

Is Harry's Opal around too. That was a really nice car too.

16. The Opel has been in storage since the early 80s but Harry plans on making it into a streetrod soon.

Dustin

17. 48stude

48stude

This picture looks like it was taken from the spectators side at Quaker City Dragway in Salem Oh. I saw him run there many times. Bill

Attached Files:

18. skywolf

skywolf

19. That is one great looking 5 window....

20. I called on Harry's parts store back in the early 90's..the place was immaculate..never have I seen such neatness and cleanliness..you guys have no idea..

I thought Harry told me the guy pro streeted that car at one time???

21. I'm pretty sure Harry told me the guy pro streeted the car also. Back when the car was pro streeted the car was probably looked at as just a 32 Ford the just happened to be an old race car.

Dustin

22. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Never saw the coupe run, but I witnessed the Opal make many passes at Keystone..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. AHotRod

AHotRod

Harrys Coupe RULED !

24. I belong to a few western Pennsylvania car clubs and racing forums as well as know quite a few of the people who put on and promote the PID reunion functions and this has been a topic of conversation more than once. The car is still in the area (Pitcarin) which is right outside of Monroeville, where Harry's shop is. The guy who currently owns the car had turned it into a Pro Street car when that craze hit - don't know if it was actually ever completed at this point or not, but the guy will not part on it. From what I've heard, the giuy doesn't need the money and knows what he has so he has turned down BIG money for it. A friend of the family knows the owner and has invited me to come down and check it out but I never took him up on the offer as I've heard the car has been striped, gutted, pro streeted, etc. and nothing remains from it's glory days as Harry' s old Gasser.

25. That's a shame if its in that kinda shape that its in.... I hope the guy returns it to its former glory.

Dustin

26. Such a bitchin car, saw it race a lot, very sano.

27. GaryC.

GaryC.

Here's how I saw it run at P.I.D.

Attached Files:

28. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

an all time favorite of mine--one of the coolest 32's ever in my mind.

29. I have always dug that car. It was of the first I remember seeing in dads old magazines and catalogs (which I have to this day), Harry got a lot of press with that car!

30. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

That fatgirl could really sing back in her day. I saw it at Indy