Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Edition of "Hot Rod" by Henry Gregor Felsen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hjfelsen, Apr 13, 2010.

1. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I remember Hotrod, Streetrod and Crash Club----great study hall reading.

2. sganow

sganow
    from Frisco, TX

I love Hot Rod. I got my copy used and it's not in the best condition. I would really like to get the whole collection.

3. Any updates???

4. Willy_P

Willy_P

Holly Welch (hjfelsen on the board )lives in Clive, Iowa and she and her husband were at the Des Moines Good Guys show last weekend July 6, 2013.
    She now has 6 paperback books in publication - Hot Rod, Road Rocket, Fever Heat, Crash Club, Street Rod, and Rag Top. So my library is up to date for a while.
    She also has some cool T-shirts. The books were $15 each and if you bought the set she included a Tshirt, very nice.
    She is having a 32 3 window coupe built, and my understanding is it is supposed to be ready in the fall. I asked her to post some pictures when she has time.

She was wondering where she could put a sticky on the HAMB board. I suppose if she posted her book and contact information in the hamb-o-dex it would make the most sense and be convenient. She just needs to get her post count up over 100.
    Her email is [email protected] if you want to contact her about book sales.

5. Willy_P

Willy_P

Btt

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Not totally sure Charlie, but it sounds like something that may have been written by William Campbell Gault.

He wrote some car related books that were good reads. My school library had all of them.

If not then I'm not sure.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Holly married that Welch guy? THought she'd marry Bud Crane...

8. hjfelsen

hjfelsen

You would have thought so!!
    I called Don Miller, former president of Penske Racing, because he was a fan and wrote about my dad and Hot Rod in his biography. I said, "I'm Henry Gregor Felsen's daughter."
    He said, "You're somebody's daughter?" Guess I hadn't enunciated. I was a little nervous. So for some reason, I blurted out, "I'm Bud Crayne's sister."
    He practically shouted, "You're Henry Gregor Felsen's daughter!"

I thought it was pretty funny. I ought to have a t shirt that says that!

9. hjfelsen

hjfelsen

New set is now available!! It took me way too long....partly because I had to learn how to do all the self publishing, and partly because it became a pretty emotional project. They are done, though!!
    If you are interested, message me and I will get them to you. I will be posting photos of the set today. They are also available from Amazon, but only signed if you get them from me directly.

Now I'm moving on to the next books!!

Also almost have my '32 done. I say that as if I'm doing it myself!! Should have it ready for our car show in Valley Junction (historic part of West Des Moines, Iowa) on Sunday, September 22.

10. pitman

pitman

Seems to me, your dad knew about bending the multi-carb linkage, to mess up a mill. You best do some of the work on the '32!
    Great to have his stories available again.

11. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Jag--in 59-60 I remember reading "hot Rod", "street Rod" and "crash Club". There may be others but I read these several times over---gave me the fever. Still have it---working on the electric fan for the 40's radiator today.

12. I just recently finished reading Hot Rod, great book. I think I will search for more of the books as well

Brad

13. wizzard23

wizzard23

Holly, missed seeing you at KKOA Salina this year. Still enjoying the 2012 award!

14. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's great news Holly! I can't wait to get the last four books to complete my set. I'll pick them up at the Henry Gregor Felsen Tribute Show in Valley Junction.

15. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the book you remember is “Drag Strip” by William Campbell Gault. Terry McGovern drives a Woestman-Ebbert that he was given for his 16th birthday. He has a run in on the highway with two brothers , Pete and Juan Arragon, in their hot rod. Terry sells his car when his dad runs into financial trouble. Terry joins the Arragon brother's car club, the San Valdesto Roadster Club. He learns about building hot rods, getting his hands dirty and about people that are not as well off as he is that live on the wrong side of town.