Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jeb Scolman does it again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Acme Speed Shop, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

My good friend Jeb has done it again. Some of you may have seen this or some of the other coverage about his latest project for Polaris, the company that is bringing the Indian Motorcycle back to market. Polaris hired Jeb to create a modern interpretation of Burt Munro's "world's fastest Indian".

Jeb built this from the ground up under a shroud of secrecy all in less than 100 days, while working 40 hour week at his day job. His skills are pretty amazing. Check it out and make sure to watch the other promo video on the site as well; this one is the behind the scenes video about the making of the actual promo video and has some cool footage and an interview with Jeb and the crew that made the video.

I know this is not HAMB subject matter, but I think this one can get a pass since Jeb also is a builder of some amazing traditional cars and trucks and the boy deserves the recognition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw3vy0JRoj4

By the way, Jeb also built the little maroon 36 in my signature below, on his lunch break, while on a project designing and building top secret satellite to orbit Mars. It's just what he does.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's pretty cool.

3. Marcy

Marcy

So cool!
    Both Jeb's metal work and the fact that Indian is respecting their history and picking great traditional talent like Jeb and Matt Quinn from Pipeworx here in Austin to showcase their new product.

Marcy

4. sololobo

sololobo

Jeb rocks. thanx for sharing this cool project. ~sololobo~

5. Babyearl

Babyearl

Very, Very,, Impressive.

6. rustman

rustman
    from Cabool, MO

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Thanks!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Anyone have a clue as to what the top speed is on the bike? HRP

9. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Jeb told me they got over 100 on filming day but that was the first time it had been ridden and top speed wasn't the point that day. Jeb will chime in later; he will have a better idea.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I thought the truck was the star, because I know the owner.
    The filming was done at a secret dry lake that looks like El Mirage.
    It makes me smile.

11. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

12. very, very impressive.

13. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Very Cool!
    Burt would be happy.

14. belair

belair

Cool, but I want some real sound, not those violins.

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

That is way cool. For those that have never seem the "Movie" then check it out! It speaks to the true spirit of hotrodding even if on 2 wheels. The guy eats, sleeps and breathes passion for fabrication and following his dreams.

Any one with passion for motorsports will dig it.

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Very cool. Love the F-1 as well...

17. Very well done video and the bike is fantastic.

18. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

That is a wonderful piece John, thanks for posting , Jeb's skills shine through again.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I swear, if I was going down the highway and saw that F1 pulling that bike, I'd freaking piss myself. That is such a beautiful image.

Great video. Great cinematography.

20. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Neat video, cool old ford p/u and an interesting modern version of Burts' old racer. What I'd like some more info on is the trailer at the 1:52 to 2:00 minute mark - what a cool drop deck setup!

21. Incredible bike...

Great shots...

Not a huge fan of that editing with the choppy text and the "look down the tailfin of the bike and act natural" shots.

Guess you can't expect the pilot to be as good an actor as Anthony Hopkins tho! haha

I think version 2.0 of the vid should be narrated by Billy Gibbons, lose the text, and have more of a thunderous buildup to the high speed scenes on the salt.

Music fades, Gibbons delivers the last line...and we go to a wide aerial, huge dust ploom...and we hear nothing but the sound of the bike taching out in top gear and the tires shredding the salt. end scene...

:) everybody's a critic huh

22. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Yep....Jeb built that too.

23. I got to see the project progress from a rumor to a finished project and it was really fun watching Jeb create something that was outside of his comfort zone. He really pulled off a fantastic machine...something I truly think is his best work yet.