Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Falcon update!! Well, the "week-end" over haul took a LEEEETLE bit longer!! BUT with luck the engine should be back in today! Yee-Haw!! ; )

2. speedfische

speedfische
    from KY, USA

Hi folks,
    Long-time reader, but had to register today after seeing this thread. I hope it's okay to post my Falcon here. It's not a hot rod in the traditional sense, but I have fun with it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. butch27

butch27

WOW! Darn nice.

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Whoa, talk about a sleeper! Very nice.

5. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Very nice! And clean!

6. speedfische

speedfische
    from KY, USA

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I've enjoyed seeing all the great Falcons in this thread.

7. soulsponjah

soulsponjah

Wow didn't see that coming as I scrolled down. Very nice and clean. Great resto you did on that round body speedfische.

8. I am in love with your car. I hope my four door will look that good.

My trophy case has a trophy case!

9. typerr

typerr
    from Lakewood

Great Falcon! What size wheels and tires are you running? I'm planning something similar using TCI kits. Thanks.

BTW, loved the 1:25 build of your Falcon as well!

10. speedfische

speedfische
    from KY, USA

Thanks for the kind words, you all (and for the compliment on the 1:25th as well, typerr). The wheels are all 15x8. The front tires are 195/60/R15 and the rears are 215/60/R15. They came from Diamondback.

11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Very nicely done! Sure is a gorgeous Falcon!

12. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

speedfische, that is very inspiring. Answered my question on using different colored piping around the pleats on my 50 convert. I like it! Slowly making progress.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  13. Need some help please :eek:

Could someone post some photos of the gas filler on a '60 Sedan for me please?
    The car I'm building for my wife came with a gas tank and a gas cap .... NOTHING in between . I've found the filler elbow from a '63 but there must be another piece that has the locking flange that the cap would engage onto ??

14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can-do. I will be working on my '60 sedan tomorrow, mid-day.

15. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Damn Speedfische, that Falcon is stunning, but I don't know if I am more impressed with the car or the model of it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-GP

16. Thanks Gimpy , I'll check back for them .

Speedfishe , your car is Beautiful ! :D

17. Damn Speedfische your car is beautiful, love the colour as well.

4T6ford, I may be able to help you with your missing filler piece, Problem is im in Oz for 3 more weeks if you can hold off till then. Jason..

18. Jason , I just sent you a PM asking about some other parts ! Hey if you don't mind giving me a yell when you're back in NZ that'd be great!
    Rod .

19. 64Fairlane408

64Fairlane408
    from Katy, Tx

20. speedfische

speedfische
    from KY, USA

Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone - and for checking out the 1:25th model, too. I have almost half the amount of time invested in the little one as it took me to build the big one - LOL!

21. speedfische

speedfische
    from KY, USA

You are correct. There is an outside piece that sandwiches the filler neck to the body. The gas cap locks onto this.

[​IMG]

Also, if you don't already have it, you'll need the rubber hose segment and clamps that connect the filler tube to the tank. My aftermarket tank had the fill spout facing the opposite way as the factory tank, so I just rotated the filler around to meet it and mounted it there.

[​IMG]

I hope this helps.

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, beaten to it. I just got in the door with my pictures. Yes, the lock ring for the cap is a separate piece.

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Tell ya what though, I'm not sure how your are fixed for fueling station nozzles there down under, but I would highly recommend setting it up as an EXTERNALLY VENTED, internal fill right down on the neck in the tank. Late model filler nozzles have a bad habit of moving such a high volume of fuel that filling can get really tricky with these things. It's about 50/50 what hits the tank and what hits the ground.

24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, as soon as I am employed again, a Cobra-style, or Jag filler cap is going on my fender, by the back window, with a new, custom tank. I can't fill in California at more than 40%, without putting it on the ground. I buy gas $20 at-a-time, so I don't get shived for taking too much time at the pump.

25. speedfische

speedfische
    from KY, USA

No doubt guys - I always have to fill very slowly and then sort of predict how much it is going to hold so I can stop short. Even being very careful, it has run out on me before.

26. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

[​IMG]

16x7 205/50/16 tires

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'm actually glad to hear you guys talking about troubles with filling your gas tanks! Crap! I've only had it on the road a couple weeks and I'm already frustrated with trying to get it in the tank, and not on the ground! I've been dreaming up some sort of adapter I could build to stuff into the filler neck, and then pump gas into it. Or possibly use an old gas cap to make something that would fit the filler and seal so I could hang the nozzle and let it fill!
    Guys at the local gas station are planning on getting the spill kit out as soon as they see me coming!

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I have a Mustang tank in my '61 with a short section of filler neck and a screw cap from Tanks, Inc. No more overflow, but a lot of "You got a fuel cell in that thing?"

29. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1373630921.884757.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1373630938.075074.jpg

The cut-off filler neck would be a great place for a battery shutoff.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  30. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

nuts4fords and speedfische, NICE builds! Love that green color too. wow!