Register now to get rid of these ads!

GoodGuys Columbus 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, Jun 4, 2013.

1. The wife and I will be heading out with four other rod couples on Friday morning. This will be my first trip to Columbus for the GGs show.
    Looking foward to a great weekend..

2. Woody's Hot Rods

Woody's Hot Rods

The weather is looking perfect so far! I can't wait!

[​IMG]

3. Ratbuilder

Ratbuilder
    from Indiana

I will be there as usual. Is there a HAMB meet and greet?

4. 1959apache

1959apache

Did you get there way early or is this an old photo?

5. Oldstrk

Oldstrk

Going to go down Thursday afternoon to register and plan on being there all weekend. As for being to expensive it is a little but you only have to buy a membership every other year. I bought one last year and it's good till 7/31 plus you get tickets for all three days. There's not a show like it around here so it's worth it to me. Can't wait!

6. My son and I will be leaving Maryland @ 0 dark thirty on Thursday morning. Should be there by lunch time. Haven't been to this run since 98, figured it was time to go back again.

7. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

I'll be doing the poker run stop @ Arena Motorsports ..see you there!

8. are you bringing the 40? I hope so id like to get some of my own pics of it instead of saving from others show pics

9. Woody's Hot Rods

Woody's Hot Rods

I took this picture last year!

10. Yes, I will be driving the 40 out. If you see it, I hope you won't be disappointed as it's just a shiny beater! :):eek:

[​IMG]

11. I've actually never made it to GG for some reason, always just gone to the smaller shows. BUT, I'm gonna try to make it after work Saturday. Next year I'm hoping to have my truck in there

12. should be there saturday for the day... havent been out in a few years so defintely looking forward to it

13. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Stop by the Ross Racing Engines booth located inside where the AC is when you need a break from the heat!!!

Also come check out the first viewing of our latest project ......
    And yes this year is defiantly HAMB friendly and sure to please!!!

Tony

14. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I went once as a spectator.Went with my car a couple years later.When I found out you HAD to join to take your car in I paid the spectator fee & went in with $70 in my pocket.I think it's a rip off myself.But there is some great cars there.

15. diamond dave

diamond dave

I agree. There are soma amazing cars there. Just do some quick math. Columbus has an average of 6000 cars at $45 to show ,if they paid early. Plus plus another $35 to be a member. That's
    $480,000 just in car owners money for Columbus alone. Granted, some people go to other gg's events and are already members so they don't have to pay to be a member at Columbus, but they do pay somewhere for the membership.
    Now, add the money the vendors have to pay, I have no idea how much it is , but I heard it was outrageous.
    And an average of 5000 spectators at $12 each is another $60,000. That's over half a million bucks without the vendors. Just for Columbus! I know they have to pay the staff and what not. And the rental of the expo center, but, I used to sell t shirts at Medina goodguys for free as a volunteer. I love the show, but they need to stop gouging the car owners so much. We are the whole reason goodguys has a badass event.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I'm glad there are organizations that put on such events so I can go, see 6,000+ cars, swap meet, new parts vendors, get ideas for new projects and so much more.. I gladly pay my membership and event fees..

17. 1959apache

1959apache

Yeah they do savage you at the gate no matter who you are; $18 to just look at everything, water $5+, tram ride $4, vendors pricing isn't great.... You are looking at an easy $50 per person without spending money to register a car.

18. Yeah it ain't cheap for the average Joe, but you would probably pay more than that to play a round of golf at some hoity toity club. I don't play golf, but I've heard golfers bitch about it!:rolleyes::)

19. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Nsra events are cheaper.

Ago

20. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Bingo!

21. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

I remember paying $65 to attend the Canfield Supernats and Ducoin Streetmachine Nats 30 years ago so $20 Silver membership & $45 entry doesn`t bother me....not with being able to access the vendors, swap meet & see the top cars & builders from all over the country.

I`ve seen local shows get $15-$20 for a small one day event and you see the same cars that were at the last event.

I`m taking one of the cars for Friday and walking in Saturday to browse everything there. Look forward to it every year.

22. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Been going to it for more than 15 years, Doesn't compare to the vendors at Louisville.

Ago

23. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Columbus is much better than NSRA Louisville NO shade just HOT HOT parking lot down there.And registration down there SUCKS :mad: 20 bucks a day to get in Good guys also give allot a stuff away

24. and I agree once my car is done it will be sitting in Columbus during goodguys and indy also MAYBE Nashville ive been a member for a few years got to renew while im there Saturday

25. I like goodguys more then nsra and I like Columbus more then Louisville also

26. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I don't agree. I like Louisville and the NSRA better. There is a shit load of door prizes at NSRA events. I go to GG shows also

27. mano

mano

Be there tomorrow in the 52. Didn't finish any of my other projects in time. Where does the time go.

28. jblev34

jblev34

I enjoy Goodguys and NSRA shows. Both are decent values for what you get. Giveaways at both are great. I never have a problem at registration at either. If cars and friends are involved, sign me up, I dont care who is running it. Everyone be safe in their travels. I am heading out in a few hours.

29. butch27

butch27

Where is the registeration building this year, I heard they changed it's location.

30. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

I'll be there in my '40 Saturday around NOON. If any of you guys see a Camouflaged North Carolina Hat. Hollar "HEY DEAD GUY!"

I hope to meet some of you guys.

chuck