Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chassis Engineering Inc - shut down?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swingcatt, Jan 8, 2013.

1. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

Most of these businesses were established long before the internet!!!! There was a time when you ordered parts from a catalog and actually talked to a human being on a telephone:D

2. fairlane 63

fairlane 63
    from NO.DAK.

what 49ratfink said.

3. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

paper calalogs!!!!! what about the trees??????????

yes chassis engineering has very good products. we used alot of the stuff.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Chassis Engineering is a great company, I was just shocked that someone would take the time (and bandwidth) to question whether a company was in business on a public forum rather than pick up a phone and call... Especially an old-line company like this! It's just too damn simple. Almost evey living human being carries a cell phone with long distance capabilities these days. Common sense.

5. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I'm glad somebody posted this before me--that way you take the brunt of the wrath :D . I had the same experiece last week/over the weekend. FWIW--I keep forgetting to call during operating hours and was hitting the website to do some price checking since my last catalog is from 2007.

glad to hear nothing's up.

6. happy to hear everything is alright with them. i'm waiting for a crossmember from them. everything i've recieved from them has been top notch.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I called them on the 8th and this came in the mail a few minutes ago.

I'd say that's pretty good service and it's nice to be able to sit and study the paper catalog to see what they have.

I'll agree that they really need someone to build them a proper website that you can actually use as well as you can the paper catalog.

Attached Files:

8. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Just got off the phone with CEI, they are aware of their not so user friendly web sight and that it was out dated anyway so rebooting a new. Catalog, updated version,in the mail!

9. New website lacks all the good build advice. Better get a catalog.

10. Sad to say but I think I like the old website better.

11. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

For crying out loud, Elpolacko is on this site (use the COMMUNITY tag up the top of the page) and if you had done a couple of simple searches even here I am sure you would have determined that.

From there you could PM or email him even if a phone call was too much trouble.

Or read a few threads like this which will change your mind

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=769913&highlight=industrial+chassis+inc
    <TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px" class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat width="100%">[​IMG] Showing results 1 to 1 of 1
    Search took 1.16 seconds. THE H.A.M.B.: Members </TD><TD style="CURSOR: hand" id=memberlist_search class=vbmenu_control state="false" unselectable="true">Search Members<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("memberlist_search"); </SCRIPT> [​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD class=thead noWrap align=left>User Name [​IMG]</TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Posts </TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Avatar</TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Location</TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Occupation</TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Car Club</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD id=u296 class=alt1Active align=left>ELpolacko Old School HAMBer
    </TD><TD class=alt2>4,596</TD><TD class=alt1>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=alt2>Phoenix,AZ USA</TD><TD class=alt1>Owner of Industrial Chassis Inc. (866)553-8996 < toll free #, pro hotrod builder, fabricator</TD><TD class=alt2> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tfoot colSpan=6 align=right>Showing results 1 to 1 of 1 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px" class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat width="100%">[​IMG] Showing results 1 to 1 of 1
    Search took 1.16 seconds. THE H.A.M.B.: Members </TD><TD style="CURSOR: hand" id=memberlist_search class=vbmenu_control state="false" unselectable="true">Search Members<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("memberlist_search"); </SCRIPT> [​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD class=thead noWrap align=left>User Name [​IMG]</TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Posts </TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Avatar</TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Location</TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Occupation</TD><TD class=thead noWrap>Car Club</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD id=u296 class=alt1Active align=left>ELpolacko Old School HAMBer
    </TD><TD class=alt2>4,596</TD><TD class=alt1>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=alt2>Phoenix,AZ USA</TD><TD class=alt1>Owner of Industrial Chassis Inc. (866)553-8996 < toll free #, pro hotrod builder, fabricator</TD><TD class=alt2> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tfoot colSpan=6 align=right>Showing results 1 to 1 of 1 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

12. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

So are you saying that "Industrial Chassis Inc." and "Chassis Engineering Inc." are the same company? 'Cause that is not at all as obvious as you seem to think it is.

13. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Could be a case of mistaken identity by me then.
    I figured because AZ was mentioned it was the company I was thinking of.
    I will have to stop jumping to conclusions then.
    Back to my corner for another piece of humble pie...

14. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

Just to add to the confusion, there's another company called "Chassis Engineering" (without the "Inc") as well as a lot of other companies that do "chassis engineering" (without the caps).

15. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

I agree. There's a Chassis Engineering a few miles from me that builds race cars, and even designed and built the US Olympic bobsled!
    That's the first place I think of when I hear that name... :-D

16. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

When I started my F1 pickup build, I looked at Chassis Engineering for their bolt-in IFS system. It is good quality stuff. And then from the HAMB, I found Industrial Chassis, right in my own home town and his Dakota IFS stuff. I had used Chassis Engineering parts for my roadster project so I trusted their quality. After looking at Elpolacko's quality first hand, I had him install the Dakota in my F1. I'd still use Chassis Engineering parts. Besides anybody who can build a 300 mph diesel-powered streamliner knows his chassis. Chassis Engineering was the first diesel-powered streamliner over 300.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I jump through that little flaming hoop every time I look for their website.

I don't know anyone could get Industrial Chassis Inc confused with Chassis engineering inc though.

The Chassis Engineering bolt on Crossmember is the same one that R&B (Chevy Truck parts) sold tons of when they were in business and is one of the most straightforward and simple to install pieces I have seen.

18. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

The bolt on crossmember that R&B used to sell was made by Kimbridge industries and allowed the use of a power steering rack. Chassis Engineering's does not. Both are well made parts.

19. b-bob

b-bob

My local hot rod parts store pushes TCI parts, so have been using them for many years.
    My coupe project came with all the Chassis Engineering front suspension, brakes, steering, centre crossmember and wishbone splitting kits so used them instead.
    It all worked well and no problems.(touch wood) I would use them again and recommend them to anyone.
    When I bought this car in a basket, my plan was to use the dropped axle for the next season, but after driving it, it will stay as is. Rides real well with the mono-leaf spring.

20. hotrodhoodlum

hotrodhoodlum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

some of you guys or gals (to be politically correct) bitch about things just to bitch
    get a life and move on with it
    and yes Chassis Engineering is a great company not only in user friendly products
    but in service and quality

21. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CE products are excellent and time proven--I just look in the catalog and call them--never tried the website. Have used their stuff on many early fords.

22. 41PICUP

41PICUP

Just went to their site..working just fine.

23. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Great products and people.

24. Fenders

Fenders

25. Just installed a bunch of their front end components on my 40... great products, great customer service. Also, prices seem very reasonable.

While I prefer to internet shop I actually went "old school" and picked up a phone this time.. and I highly recommend it!

26. wizzard23

wizzard23

I sent them a traditional post card, results were perfect!

27. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Looks like there site is down again :(

28. I talked to them last week. They are still around. Use the phone.

29. A Boner

A Boner

Are they the only company that manufactures forged dropped beam axles in the U.S.?

30. 2racer

2racer

try this guy

http://droppedaxles.com/