Register now to get rid of these ads!

Exploring Arizona- abandoned, wrecked cars & trucks, old hiways, etc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by applekrate, Feb 9, 2012.

1. i have 2-6' scaffolds if you want to use them. they can stack on top of each other to reach higher up if needed and are adjustable with a nice wide platform to stand on. 4 hours to you guys is like 4 days to me. i cannot help physically but i can try with tools.

2. Ok Keith, I think I am going to start though on a week day. will let you know.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Steve, I haven't winked out on you yet! I have some stuff with the girlfriend coming back from Hong Kong possibly this next week that will sort it's self out in the next day or two, then I can give a yay or nay... We'll talk in the next couple of days.

4. Thanks for the offer, will let you know.

5. OK Skip, I tried, without luck, to reach my contact with St Johns city officials to see if they have purchased the supplies yet but, he was out fo town. So , hoping to hear from him tomorrow. I am getting in the mood to get started.

6. jpm49c

jpm49c

Need i say More! 1968

Attached Files:

7. [​IMG]

This sign is 40 feet wide and about 16-18 feet tall

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  8. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

WOW!!! Steve,,,You got a lot done in one day!! Wish I could of been there!! Make sure you let me know the next time you go up to work on it. I am available fridays after 2:30 pm till sunday afternoon.

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn Steve it's looking good. I'm sorry I got a bit scarce this last week or two. Been dealing with drama on many fronts... Do call me before you head back up again.

10. HamD

HamD

11. You're all doing a great job. It looks fantastic!

12. Thanks everyone for the nice words and encouragement! It really helps. I hope to get up there soon for another 'go' at it before the Barona Nostalgia drags June 14 and 15.

[​IMG]

also, I attended a car show in Alpine, Az last Saturday. Alpine is in a fairly remote part of Az at about 8,000. It is a half hour from my place in Apache county and I had the pleasure to meet member 'rainhater 1' there. It was a pleasure to meet with and speak to you. I will try to post some pics from this show along the Az hiway. Apine is along the Coronado trail, formerly hiway 666, it is now hwy 191. This road was built in the early 1920s and was another of the first auto roads built in Az. I have found a few sections of the old hiway here too and look forward to walking and exploring them.

13. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

it was nice to put a face with the name, Enjoyed our talk. At 73 I don't get around as I use to. will try and get to one of you desert outings. Thanks. Rainhater1

14. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

15. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Good to see you got some ink Steve. The link to the white mountain Independant, you have to have a membership to read the srticle.

16. i need to go exploring now

17. RayMiller

RayMiller

Lol me too!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. we need to do something rayray, junk yard trip, food, tinker... something!

19. azmodela

azmodela
    from Tucson, AZ

20. I will be going to Albuquerque later this week. I will see if I can get some pictures of what's left. Its too bad because he had a lot of cool stuff.

21. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

22. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

23. steve185

steve185

Around here I have found snake skins in abandoned vehicles, the snakes here are harmless. Do you guys sometimes come across nasty snakes in those old wrecks?
    Looks like fun though.
    steve

24. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I have come across them in the junk yard cars. Once I was under one, with my arm in that perfect unnatural angle where you can turn the wrench but better not drop it, and I saw one curled up about 3 feet from where I was.
    I stayed calm and got the part.
    My friend was amazed,,,,,,,,,,,,,I was freaking out inside.

25. ohh man, my dad was just at that junk yard 2 months ago. he had some awesome motorcycles inside my dad said. and lots of cars

26. jpm49c

jpm49c

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

A good day trip for you guys is the Clifton Morenci area. I used to find quite a bit of stuff out in that general direction.

28. RayMiller

RayMiller

Sounds like a plan just need to find a meet up spot cause Steve's in the sv and I'm out of Tucson.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!