Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Growing Up H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  2. I totally missed this thread,,thanks to DB for bringing it to your attention and to you Ryan for spotlighting a young man that will be carrying the traditional torch for years to come. HRP

3. flamingokid

flamingokid

It's nice to know that some young people get it...and BTW,that girl is a keeper.

4. Well I hope someone filtered my posts for him. I don't want him to be all screwed up for life. :D

Pretty damned cool.

5. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

I have been a faithful follower of Jon's thread. Having joined the HAMB at around the same time and having a 59 F100, it was natural for me to take a look at his thread. Now I look forward to his progress. Jon is a great example of the future of our hobby. Thanks for recognizing his efforts.

lc

6. pumpman

pumpman

I to missed this thread, but I'm glad Ryan brought attention to it. There is hope for us out there when us old farts get our great reward. Thanks boss for a great read.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Was just thinking... I started The Jalopy Journal when I was 18 or 19... I am now 37... So, I've been doing this half my life. That's some crazy shit right there.

8. outlaw256

outlaw256

id would be a honor to meet this young gun and shake his hand.i truly wish there were youngguns like him around here.id love nothing more to be with young blood mines getting old and thick! lol. we haven't had any kids here in awhile. they all like the fast and furious shit around here.

9. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

seems like a nice young man with his head screwed on straight, we need alot more like him.

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Wow. I have been checking out the Hamb since before I knew Cammie. We met in '05, I first started reading Hamb threads while on tour in '02 or '03.

11. Oh to be young again and have so many options ahead of you.
    Congrats young man!
    Judging by this truck,
    You've got a great future of building stuff ahead of you.

12. Some might just say YOU'RE a crazy shit for doing this half your life!!!:D

13. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

there is another young one from SC that used to spend a ton of time on here, was always buying and selling, but seem to want to build a 54 chevy that was in his dad's front yard. FlamedAbone and I went to his place once. Good kid that occassionally pops on from time to time. (no longer a young kid). I forget his name this morning..

14. Great kid, sweet truck!..........and for sure, your girlfriend is a keeper.:D

15. Wowcars

Wowcars

I've spent a 1/3 of my life now on the HAMB, also.

Good thread, thanks....

16. I too have spent a huge amount of my life hear on thehamb, So much knowledge and helping hands here. Jon Carr has worked hard and has learned a great amount of knowledge through thehamb and his 60. Congrats and keep up the good work.

17. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Awesome thread. My kid Buddy is telling me he wants a shoebox ford for his first car and he has grown up around this maddening sickness we all have with cars and he is really into it. Can't wait for him to drive to high school in whatever we put together for him this year. Here he is at 7 or 8 with his first go cart. I am glad we are pulling kids back in this direction.... Wait I thought we were supposed to discourage hot rodding and acting like hoodlums? Nah I think we should promote it.

Attached Files:

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Spudz... He will always be a kid to me. I think he was 12 when he registered over ten years ago. And he is the soul reason we don't allow cussing in subject lines. That being said, I'm fairly confident if he has a nasty mouth now, he learned it by reading us. :)

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

There's a great knowledge base here and it's great that a younger person found this place and is using it to get his ride on the road. Humor, knowledge, automotive news, and yes, the occasional load of crap. All these things are in abundance here and it's really appreciated.

I have a friend who's struggling with a '41 Chevy sedan. I have told him over and over that he needs to join and get his questions out there, so he can get some help. But he's still farting around and going in the wrong direction, build wise.

You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. But if he does, be prepared for great things.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I've only been on here for 6 years but shit 6 years ago my life was vastly different then it is now. No house, wasn't married no kids! Now all of that is turned around and I bet I can go through me threads and see my growth as a person and as a "hot rodder" for lack of a better term.

That truck is f'n cool. It's one of my favorite years for pickups.

21. Me too! No kids no wife no house no Hot Rods in 06 to now...2 kids 1 wife 1 house 1 Hot Rod and 1 in progress Hot Rod.

22. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

23. Wow, thanks for all the props you guys have given me. It means alot. I've learned alot from all of you.

24. Im trying to get a couple more young guys interested, my nephews, they are 13 and 15.

The older one keeps mentioning 4x4's, I think because a couple of his friends have them. Im thinking when he gets behind the wheel of the Unibody he may change his tune lol.

The younger one keeps mentioning he likes Model T's, but I think in his mind a Model T is any old car with big fenders .... LOl, its a process.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813551

25. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Good for him! And good for this place for recognizing him..

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. Thanks for spotlighting Jon. What I have read here tells me that he is a great young man and a great addition to the HAMB and the hot rod world.
    Later,
    Dick

27. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I'm glad to see this thread! I have been watching Jon's build and its help me keep on my ford. Makes me feel good to know me and Jon can keep this tradition alive!

28. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Right on !! I've been keeping up with his build. He's got his head on straight! He deserves the recognition!

29. Hey Jon, you hit the big time. Dont let it swell your head, ha ha. Seriously though, im real happy to see you get this recognition for all your hard work. You are among the first friends i made when i first joined in 09, and ive watched you go from building model rods, to the real deal. Its been awhile since i caught up. Keep up the good work buddy.

30. Attached Files: