Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36-taildragger.....Made in Sweden

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kenneth31coupe, Mar 17, 2013.

1. just found your thread
    very nice work
    I like the bolt in look

2. jammer

jammer

Kenneth, Some real fine metal fab going on & the welding looks great . I think you nailed it !

3. Thanks Aaron.The rockers came with the car when I bought so I ´m not sure of the part number and they comes from Mac´s not Bob Drake as I said before.Took a picture of the lable that´s sticked to one of them if that can be to some help.....Kenneth

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. That would be fantastic ROKIT. Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

5. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Thanks mate I've found them. Your a champion!!!!

6. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

I've never attached pictures before but I have some that may be of help to you. If this doesn't work I'll email them to you.[​IMG]

7. These are a bit difficult to photo properly, but hopefully, will make some sense.
    The first two shots are of the 'A' pillar mount at the leading edge of the left, driver door. (Mount bolt in place for reference)
    The last three are the 'B' pillar at rear of door.

Good luck with the project. Looking good so far!

Attached Files:

8. My pleasure any time.

Thanks ROKIT.They sure make sens and will be very helpfull.Got a few from longgoner too and together they´re helping me a lot.

9. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

Hardcore craftsman you are Kenneth !

10. Thanks a lot edsel.fi

11. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Excellent build.

I've got a '36 myself, though mine is a Tudor Sedan.

BTW, I know this guy that sells Lincoln door buttons that would look pretty good on this thing when it's done. :D

Just sayin' . . .

;)

Keep up the good work. I'm especially interested in how you tackle the rot at the base of the A and B pillars. Mine is shot there too, and I've gone around and around trying to decide what I want to do with it.

12. Thanks for the feed back. Actually Lincoln door buttons is a thing I´m thinking about just haven´t decided yet wat to doo.Even thinking of 37-39 lincoln dash if I can find one.If there´s any one knows of or have one for sale I might be interested in buying it.

13. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)All Swed hotrods should have a LINCOLN dash. You could even mount the shifter in it .:cool::D

14. Did some work today on the driverside a-pillar.What I can read out of the fragments I´ve got there is four different pieces joining at the foot of the a-pillar.First there is a reinforcement and then there´s the subrail.Next is a support for the a-pillar and least comes the foot of the pillar.Did the reinforcement and the subrail pieces today and conected to the rocker.

Here is the reinforcement piece
    P1010158_800x600.JPG

This is the subrail piece
    P1010160_800x600.JPG

P1010163_800x600.JPG

P1010166_800x600.JPG

15. Got the driverside a-pillar foot done today.One down and three to go

Attached Files:

16. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Lovely fabrication work. that foot and pillar repair looks like it's always been there.
    Loving this thread.

Paul.

17. Time for some updates.Haven´t done a lot since last post but today I repaird the lower part of driver side cowl with a new patch panel and welded in a fresh piece on the inner structure that supports the a-pillar.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and oneratfink57 like this.
  18. Those are difficult pieces to fab; well done!

19. Thanks Rokit.Here is were the pullmax gets really handy.It´s doing a hell of a job.

20. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Nice work again Kenny. Looking good.

21. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

ahhh...pullmax. i wish i had one! great job on the a-pillar and cowl repairs!

22. Thanks guys.IMO repairing these parts, subrails and pillar foots aint the most exciting job you can do.It´s boring and time consuming but must be done before the fun part of the building.

23. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

I will agree with you whole heartedly on that one. Final assembly after paint and chrome is my favorite part, so my build will get fun in about 5 years or so :)

24. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

Great work. I have been doing the same type of thing with my brackets and chasis work. Bending and raduising plates in 3 dimensions to make peices that look at home on my 35 olds.

The difference being that your welds look nicer- I have to smooth mine out afterward. If you look at my build thread you will recognise a lot of the same thought process. I appreciate how you are integrating the shapes and creating strong pieces.

25. Nate.In general I like doing metal works but these small time consuming parts isn´t very fun just can´t explain why.

Thanks a lot. Do you have a link to your build thread. Searched but couldn´t find anything.

26. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

27. Have spent a few evenings to make the subrail from b-pillar and back to the wheel well. Kind a tricky piece to fab and it took some time to figure it out how to do it.Now it´s tucked in place and I can go on with the b-pillar.Have made some nice scores lately.Found a pair of Lincoln push buttons here on Hamb and bought a 1950 Chrysler gauge on evil-bay, just in case I can´t find a Lincoln dash I planning to use this gauge and build a Lincoln look a like dash on my own.

Attached Files:

28. farmer12

farmer12

Still following this thread, great fabrication here!

29. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

What a great thread! I'm subscribed. I will be looking back on this build for inspiration when I need to start fab work on my own build soon. There is so much talent on this site!! Your attention to detail rocks and you obviously have lots of skill!!

30. Thanks for your patiance.Updates are coming but right now I´m in a really busy period and only spending random time in the garage.

Thanks for the kind words dustdevil.What kind of build are you planning.