Register now to get rid of these ads!

something different

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8ian, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v8ian

v8ian
    from ENGLAND.

I came on here looking for advise on channeling an A sedan, or any channel really, but I keep getting distracted, so I will ask the kind people on here to help with links, The reason I ask is I have a project which needs to be channeled..
    This is the look I am after.. its a 60s British HotRod, Im not aiming to build a copy, but I would love to get the stance, I want to channel it over the frame to get it as low as possible.. Fill the roof too.. Austin 7s were what was sold in the US as the Austin Bantam with a sports body, Im not sure if you got the sedan..

[​IMG]

Mine as it came home, you can see the similarities to a Model A
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The chassis is not the most robust thing,

[​IMG]

Wheels are from a pre war Lagonda, (an Up Market Aston Martin)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Axle is a narrowed Ford Capri @43" wide.

[​IMG]

Engine wise its going to be a bit different, I would guess weighing less than 675lbs a 135hp 100ft lbs combo it will be quick enough to be fun:D:D:D

I hope you like, and somebody points me to a place where I can have a look at a channel job

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  2. F&J

F&J

I reckon this thread will be closed. It was so-so, until you said Suzuki M/C engine.

It has absolutely nothing to do with traditional rods and customs.

You might be ok if you delete all the pics and text that are off topic, and just stick to the body/frame channel questions. JMO

3. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

JMO. The engine makes it off topic but we are talking about an early 60's traditional ENGLISH hotrod.

I say do not close the thread, ignore the engine choice and give useful advice.

I am not very familiar with the Austin but I did find a true Barn find Austin in the 80's which is probably still there.

Can make an interesting hot rod in the English style.

4. Weasel

Weasel

I like it and it shows traditional 'out of the box' thinking for something very different. The Suzuki engine is a damn sight more interesting than the SBC and Flathead yawnfest with which the Hamb is bombarded on a daily basis. I vote to let this stay and will follow it with interest....

5. I love the small Bantams/Austins. It will make a nice build,but I agree with F&J, delete the motorcycle engine pic and it will be on topic, hate to see this closed. Sorry I can't contribute to the channel, I have never seen a frame made like that. But you can figure it out.

6. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

least give him a chance to login and rectify his post, its 1:30am here in the uk, so he probably posted to read the responses in the morning.
    Hambs pretty hardcore about these things, but in uk its a bit more relaxed attitude so I think hes just unwise to the rules at this point.

7. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

AGREE--more out of the box thinking is good.

8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I'd ditch the scooter engine and drop a neat little Ford 289 into that beauty. THEN you'd have a neat little hot rod.

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do like the looks of the body. I am sure there are plenty of options for the drive train but the frame sure seems like the biggest problem to start with.

11. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Nothing against cars that are 'out of the box' but the hamb is for traditional hot rods it is the only site of its kind, there are plenty of sites for other types of hot rods.

V8IAN Don't get into the mechanical parts and you will have your answers. You could try Rods and Sods where any type of rod is acceptable. Its going to be an interesting and nice little car by the look of it.

Channeling basically involves moving the floorpan up in the body. You must decide if it is best to do this using the original floor or if you would be better off creating a new floor higher up in the body.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.