Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anybody Ever Order From Mooneyes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell de Moor, Jul 2, 2013.

1. I placed an order with Mooneyes a while ago and not sure if it is working out or not. I screen shoted the screen when they said everything was good and it has been nothing for a while. My only question is getting a hold of them. I tried the 1-800 547-5422 on there web site and it is a no go for me. My phone just says "The number is out of service" is there another number I could call? Thanks guys!

2. How long is a while? Remember you are ordering into Canada so things can sit at the boarder for any amount of time.

You might try their direct line (562) 944-6311 sometimes 1-800 numbers don't work outside the U.S. as strange as that may sound.

3. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I ordered some VC breathers a month ago with no problems.

4. Perfect! I will call now! Thanks a lot man:cool:

5. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

If you call the local number, ask for Bob. He's very helpful.

6. Thanks! Tried calling today but they are closed for inventory. I will give them a shout tomorrow and ask for Bob. I appreciate it man:cool:

7. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Never had a problem.

8. captmullette

captmullette

bought some mooneyes gauges at the hotrod reunion.... made in china....oh well

9. I've ordered from them for years. Walked in to the place last year and bought directly. Great people.

10. I bought some parts from a guy in Canada and they were ordered 1 week apart and the second order came in 2 weeks and the first order took 3 days longer and it was just a small part in a air mail envelope, and the other was in a medium sized box and had some weight to it. no figuring out their customs!

11. I'll bet they are on vacation,,lots of businesses in the states use the week of the 4th and close. HRP

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I asked about Moon gauges a couple years back at the MOON booth at Pomona (Fathers Day)
    One of the countermen said "A place in China is supposed to manufacture them for us soon, so we can slash the prices."

(Not the selling prices...Probably the BUYING ones)

13. My Mooneyes tach lasted all of 2 days before it puked.

Biggest P.O.S. ever.

14. Yeah, I had one of those 69 dollar crap shoot tachs. The local dealer here swapped it out for a new one with me. He said they had a batch of bad ones a few years back.
    I bought a Moon steering wheel a few months back. It took a couple of months to get because they had to back order it, but other than that, no problems. I heard they had a reputation of being slow, but good people.