Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. I agree for the time in which it was built if it were any other 40s coupe it would still bring a lot of attention today, but the classic lines of the Willys coupe are all but impossible to improve on. Many have tried but some of the latest greatest cars being built today are as fugly as it gets !!The split hood that looks like some odd sort of bath tub tilted to the side like a grand piano,bug head lights, 2 inches off the ground, and giant cartoonish wheels and tires, need I go on? Trends come and go and unfortunatly a lot of gasser history has been lost to the pro street, pimped out street rods that we see on the streets today. Now all the focus is if its not all steel its not good enough. If it werent for the gasser wars the Willys coupe would be just another old car, it has now morphed into the most sought after hot rod out there why? Well I think we all can answer that one it was the GASSER WARS !!!!!!! Some really historic gassers have recently came up for sale lets all hope and pray that Daddy big bucks doesnt snap it up and turn it into his own idea of what the dream Willys coupe should look like as it is really possible to screw up one of the coolest looking cars to come out of the 1940s/60s

2. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

Looking at the old VW rear split windows and wondering if anyone has ever tried to measure to see if the garnish moldings fit Willys? They look close. Don't need any, just wondering.

3. j.willford

j.willford
    from portland

Hey robbie..call me its bout my pops tom willford..5oh3875863

4. rons41willys

rons41willys
    from Wilson

There are eight 37 to 41 Willys sedans here and a rare panel van along with a bunch of parts. Guy is willing to sell them but wants too much for what is there. The 33 to 36 stuff isn't for sale.

5. rons41willys

rons41willys
    from Wilson

Somehow pictures didn't attach the first time.

Attached Files:

6. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

I'm getting the shakes, ron, where the heck is this? Wilson? What state, country, planet? We gotta know man!

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah man we gotta know. PLEASE

8. noboD

noboD

Isn't Wilson a suburb of heaven?

9. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

only wilson that comes up in google maps is in north carolina. Ron?

10. rons41willys

rons41willys
    from Wilson

These cars are in Canada, Northeast of Toronto. They look better in the pictures than they really are. I am trying to make a deal with the owner but he thinks they are worth more than I do. The cars are picked over and rusty. The 39 is actually in good shape and there is an extra 39 hood that is good too. One of the 38 sedans still has the stainless center hood trim in great condition. Take a look at the 33 to 36 picture thread. There are more cars and I posted pictures there too. He won't sell the 33 to 36 stuff.

11. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Crap! not NC. Those blue doors by the van got my name all over 'em anyway. maybe you think he's high, but its all relative. Nobody looks at Willys tin and expects it to cost same as ford or chev parts. And the step van, well I don't want it , but that is THE willys version of a unicorn. Mega rare then, nowadays....wow, never seen one.

12. rons41willys

rons41willys
    from Wilson

If I get them I will keep you in mind for the doors. He wants 15k for the 8 sedans and parts. I think that is too high for what is there.

13. rons41willys

rons41willys
    from Wilson

Some more pictures.

Attached Files:

14. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Wow, this stuff is so hard to find, I could go for a trunk lid & '39 glove box door too. Keep us posted. Thanks.

15. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Am I the only one who doesn't see a lot of value there? They look to be severely rusted out, incomplete sedans that are not worth restoring as sedans. As for donor parts for coupes... I think one would be better off buying the new sheet metal. Just my opinion.

16. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Imagine owning a willys sedan and needing a rear door. Who yo gonna call? Dynacorn?

17. drumyn29

drumyn29

drivers or passenger?

18. drumyn29

drumyn29

I'm the king of rusty coupes and even i think it's over priced rust.

19. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

I keep my eyes peeled for all of them, but the pass is the one i need most. And the slant trunk lid

20. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

The thing is, this is my 10,000 mile a year driver, so if I find stuff for spares, I have to at least consider it.

21. rfraze

rfraze

Here is one for you fans of late models. This GORGEOUS '41 is owned and raced by Mark Austin in Boise, Idaho. The CMYK Graphix sponsored car was built and owned for years by Larry Birdsong from Red Bluff, CA. It's flawless black paint and Riolo Pro Stock engine caused me to call it The Songbird. Austin's company CMYK added the tear-graphics, which look great. To date Mark has coaxed a spinning-the-tire 7.57/176 at Firebird on a 4000' Corrected day. Birdsong would be proud. This one is worth a trip to Boise to watch run, or just look at.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  22. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Nice 41 Americar Sedan.

Attached Files:

23. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

This one is back up for sale again.

Attached Files:

24. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Another name on the door of this coupe. I wonder how many owners with this same paint?

Attached Files:

25. rfraze

rfraze

I count five. Ron Regier, Tom Grasso, Bill & Nancy, Jay Souza, Dennis Johnston.

Attached Files:

26. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

^^That's all I can recall, thanks for putting them together^^

In my book the reason this car is so nice and has survived so well is because of what it says on the back!
    "God Bless This Old Race Car"

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  27. 33HEMI

33HEMI

28. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

friend of mine recently bought Jim Kirbys challenger and Kevs Orange plus in the last 2 months ! really nice to see and feel them up ! :rolleyes:

29. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

whoever the clown Is that fucked this car up needs to be hit In the head with a hammer.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  30. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013