Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NW Washington NSRA '13, What I saw.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocket's Hot Rod Garage, Jul 1, 2013.

1. This was the first time 'id been to an NSRA event sense I was a kid. All in all it was a fair show with a good turn out & not weather. I wish there was a little more to do especially at night but everyone was nice & we had a good time. Here is what I saw that you might also like.

I like this pickup allot. It looked like a Jeem rendering or somethin.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My wife, our new Boy Mercury & a killer Merc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Our daughter snuck into a few shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

good stuff, thanks for posting.

4. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

Nice shots. It was nice meeting you yesterday.

5. pitman

pitman

You and daughter, have a fine eye for cars!

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

not usualy a fan of 34's with 32 grilles but I'll make an exception for this one.

[​IMG]

7. JerryLee

JerryLee

Nice variety of cars, where in Washington was it held?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Nice coverage thanks for posting!

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Beautiful

10. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

It was in Vancouver at the Clark County Fairgrounds. They said it will be held next year on the 4th of July weekend.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  11. I believe that's a car that Wayne Miller's kid built to pay tribute to one the old man had many moons ago. Maybe one of the Vancouver guys will pop on and confirm.

Here's an in construction pic from a few years ago.........
    Very cool car!

Attached Files:

12. This car was very cool & looked good from all angles.

[​IMG]

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a fine looking batch of cars you picked to share, Thanks.

14. Rem

Rem

Nice pics and nice cars. The colours are really strong - are the photos filtered or processed?

15. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Here is a shot of Wayne Miller's original one from the mid-50's.

Attached Files:

16. nlualum82

nlualum82
    from Oregon

Great pics! I drooled over most of the same cars.
    The flamed deuece belonged to Tom Vogele, former editor of most magazines we have read including over 20 years at Street Rodder.
    I was nuts for the '34 sedan pictured with the dohc Olds 4 cylinder.
    There were great cars, too many to see but I tried!
    I was glad to hear they will be holding the event next year. I thought they might be disappointed with the turnout. They advertised "over 1600 cars" but I think they got just over 1300. A little disappointing when you consider that many of the Wednesday cruises at P.I.R. Top 1,000.
    You are right about the activities. I asked around and checked the 'net for cruises and such. Sad that we had to be off the grounds by 6, worse that the NSRA or locals weren't sponsoring any gatherings.
    I liked Roseburg for that the year I attended. There were so many rod related things going on all the time.
    I was glad I didn't bring my 10 hear old granddaughter who usually attends with me. She would have built a model, ate some elephant ears and been bored the rest of the time. There were some games but they seemed poorly attended.
    I hope they draw more vendors next year. Not enough new stuff or swap meet displays. Paled by comparison to the Portland swap meet.
    And yeah, the heat was brutal!
    Wish we would have met tnere. I think I had the only orange canopy with black OSU Beaver logos and was there all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

17. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Some great cars. Thanks for posting the pics.

18. I took all the photos with my I phone with the app Camera +. You can edit, crop, etc. the pictures with it. I love it. I just usually use the clarity function & crop 'em.

19. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Thanks for the kind words guys. Uncle Bob is correct -- I built my coupe as a tribute to my dad who built his in 1953. He is 77 today and still building hot rods. His latest is a '27 T roadster with a "B" banger featuring a Marty Strode chassis.

My car has taken close to 10 years to get road worthy and it has been quite an adventure.

I plan on doing a mini build post soon.

20. seatex

seatex

looks like a great show, thanks for the pics!

21. Tell dad happy birthday for me, haven't seen him in a few years. Ya did good with the coupe, it is sooooo right!

22. uncle buck

uncle buck

First, Thanks for the pics Rocket. I was Impressed with lots of nice cars and talked to a lot of nice people too.
    I know that the turnout was down for a fact due to the REQUIREMENT to be an NSRA member to attend with a car. Myself and several others refused to bring cars because of this. Also having registration way the hell down by the Vancouver Mall at the host hotel was total BS. I road down with a friend that had a lifetime membership before they dropped the PNW off their list of priorities. I tried to talk to the reps before we left and they could have cared less and it turned me off even more about the organization. For what they charge for admission and the income from the required memberships , you would think they could offer more to do in the off hours. They certainly made me appreciate Goodguys alot more for what they have to offer at any events they put on, even tough they require membership to attend also. I doubt I will take the time to attend any event they have in the future and I am sure they will be fine with that. OK I better go take my meds now.........

23. voodoo1

voodoo1

Exactly why I didn't go. Just a rip off it seems. And I live just a few miles away. Mike

24. nlualum82

nlualum82
    from Oregon

Yeah, the cost was a major turnoff. Almost stopped me from going. I made it up by going alone, staying in what Washington calls a primitive tent site (2 nights, $24), packing a cooler and a few food items so not to pay event prices for a Coke, no restaurants.
    It was as close as an event like that has been and I didn't want to miss it. Sounds like I need to do a Goodguys event. You're not the only one who has told me they were more fun.
    Camping is cheaper in Oregon. I thought maybe I would stay in a yurt, noticing that the two at the camp were available when I checked...then I saw that they were almost the price of a nearby hotel room! And then you feed quarters into the shower for 3 minutes of water?
    And worse for me, check my next post!

25. Unfortunately you guys are right in many ways & I have some of the same complaints. I think allot of it was it being the first year & also the fact that it's hard to figure out who is in charge. My dad is a rep & takes a beating for this stuff all the time. Truth is he & most others have no control of what goes on & the powers that be don't seem to listen. There will have to be change or it will die again.

Fortunately I stay out of the politics of everything & have a firm belief It's about the cars & the cool people that own them. That's why I enjoy going to just about any show.

26. uncle buck

uncle buck

This is exactly the point I was trying to make and gave up and walked away . All they kept saying is its worth it for the Fellow Pages alone.....

[/QUOTE]
    Fortunately I stay out of the politics of everything & have a firm belief It's about the cars & the cool people that own them. That's why I enjoy going to just about any show.[/QUOTE]

I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY. It is also a destination to shoot for to me as I enjoy the drive also. Lawn chair car shows aren't for me unless they are so big you need them to rest inbetween enjoying the cars and people.

27. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Really great choice of cars. Thanks so much for posting them. To bad N.S.R.A. continues to keep it's head in the sand.