Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you seen a 1932 ford k member like this?!?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat Power, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

Have had this k member for a little while and was wondering if anyone else has seen one like this. I was told it was an early one due to the pedal mount but im not sure. Anyone have any thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks like the one I removed from my frame. HRP

3. hightower611

hightower611

It looks like one of the early versions. Later in production they went to the pedal assembly as we are used to seeing.

4. Bud Crane

Bud Crane

It looks like someone has trimmed half of the pedal mount out. I have one that is complete. The pedal bracket and and the left k-member leg are made from a single piece. The pedal arms are the early style, similar the ones used without the crossmember leg. I had a set of those years ago, along with legless crossmember.

5. incogneto

incogneto
    from Australia

The real early ones had no legs on them, and the pedals mounted directly to the crossmember.

Maybe this is a later one, before they introduced the 33.???
    Anyone got one for sale?

6. This cross member was short lived,,records show it was produced in late March and early April and was some what of a problem due to a slight misalignment.

This was redesigned after a service campaign announced in late April 1932, from the information I have be able to gather suggest the pedal bracket bracket is missing as is a plain bracket on the other side is also gone. HRP

7. incogneto

incogneto
    from Australia

There goes my theory :)

So was this introduced after the straight one was found inadequate?

8. There were actually 4 different versions of the left side of the K member if my memory is correct,,I believe this was the second attempt put was scraped within a very few weeks. HRP

9. mcbay

mcbay

Can anyone post pictures of different versions and let us see where they fall in production?

markjaramillo likes this.
  10. Rem

Rem

Looks fake to me - can you drop it off at my shipper in Morris Plains? I'll get it here and scrap it for you.