Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 56 Victoria- no more gold chain required - new pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gnn60gt500, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Well de-gold chained my 56

Tore out the rack and pinion, adjustable steering column, billet steering wheel, got rid of the Foose wheels-

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Almost done with the break in miles on the new motor as well- hoping to go to throw it on the dyno soon and see what it puts down

Need to do something with the rear end before I can take it to the track :)

2. Nice car and a big improvement on the exterior. HRP

3. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Nice!! That car really lends itself well to the dog dish hubcaps. How's the interior look now?

4. studebakerdave

studebakerdave

IMG_0195.jpg that is a good looking car. this is one my son did 25 yrs or so ago. stock hub caps and lowerd.

5. kleinbike

kleinbike
    from Nor Cal

6. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Wow! Traditional styling really does look better.

7. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Looks good. If it were mine I'd put whitewalls on it.

What did you replace the R&P with? Did it/does it have power steering? The Armstrong steering is about my biggest complaint with my own '56 (in my avatar).

8. Amazing -- total change in the car's character. Love it.

9. magneto57

magneto57

clean & cooool.............rich

10. F&J

F&J

I remember this car from when it was first shown on here. I am not a fan of bigger mags, but I really did not think the car was ugly. The rest was so nice that the old wheels did not "steal the whole show"...if that makes any sense..

11. i dig! the blackwalls actually look pretty nice on there.

12. I like mag style wheels on the 56, just nothing bigger than 15s. That said, I think it needs a little more shiny.

13. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

14. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

The car looks good with both wheels but, better without the big mags.
    I too feel the mags don't really hurt the looks of a fine looking Ford.
    However, your car, your call. It looks great without the "gold chains".

15. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Thanks for chucking the "Foose Donk wheels" and putting it back the way it belongs :D Just read another whiner bashing the HAMB on another site because he put 22" Donks on his '53 Chev and was "taken to school" :rolleyes: Some folks just don't get it,glad you are showing the way.Sent you an invite here:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?do=manage&groupid=332 Hope you join the fun and share.

16. Rob68

Rob68

So much better! Nice car.

17. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

I'll go against the grain here and say i liked it more before. Now it looks much more "low budget" and if it's anything like my 61 Meteor wagon the same people that say "I like it except the big modern rims" no longer like it when the widened steel wheels and factory dog dish caps are put on it at great expense. "It looks like an old mans car now" they say.
    Can't win!

18. Soo much better! Looks great.

19. Much better! This site needs more '56 Fords:D

20. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Great improvement.

21. 1000 times better than before. Completely different car now.
    Congratulations.

22. I second that!

23. john walker

john walker

they sure are great looking cars, especially with a good color scheme like that. been on the lookout for a fairlane hardtop, even though i don't really need another project.

24. I like it alot! Bring it to Village Center tomorrow night....7pm.

25. Hey where at on Village Center? By Eastlake/Vons?

26. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

i too will go against the norm (on here) i like the new ok, but i really like the old, sorry jus my 2c

27. My car did have power steering with the rack and pinion- and after talking to numerous people at shows/ cruises - I just went back to non power "armstrong" steering with a rebuilt box.

I am running 155s up front with the new wheel/ tire set up- so does help with the muscle needed to park the car- but at speed car goes down the road much much better then before

My dad has a 56 Ford convertible (you can kind of see it behind mine in the before pic) He has the stock power steering on his- and we both agree- his is nicer in parking lots- mine is nicer on the open road-

Oh yes- and after seeing my car...my old man imnmediately went out and dumped his Boyds for a set of chrome smoothies :D