Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects AV8 build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Russ Tee, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

After months of collecting parts, I finally started to mock up the frame and I thought I’d post a few pictures. I bolted the motor mounts in and I'll weld them in place once I know everything lines up.

Attached Files:

2. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

3. I'm subscribed. HRP

4. flatford39

flatford39

Hows that 8BA fitting around your firewall. Are you going to have to modify it to make it fit?? What year body are you using. I want to put one in my 31 roadster but don't want to cut up the firewall.

5. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I haven't mounted the body yet, I'm going to step the frame in the rear first. I have a 31 coupe body that came with a recessed firewall that I'll be changing to a stock firewall.

6. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Here are a few pictures of the body.

Attached Files:

7. flatford39

flatford39

I would recommend you get the cowl section of the body at least mounted on the frame so you know where you are. I had mine on and it looks like I am going to have to do it again if I want a mechanical fan. The 8BA's are just a little longer than a 59A causing problems with water pumps. I am using truck water pumps that hopefully have a shorter snout that the car ones.

8. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I dont mind if I have to cut the firewall a little, but I am worried about the fan situation, I definitely want to run a mechanical fan.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  9. Looks like a great start to a very cool hot rod!

Keep us posted!

Sam

10. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

It’s been a couple years since I’ve posted anything on the HAMB about my project and in that time I kind of changed directions a bit. Trying to find a machine shop to rebuild a flathead in south Florida is not easy, so I put that on the back burner for now.
    To help me get back on track and to make up for lost time, I went ahead and purchased a new frame from Boling Brothers and a whole bunch of other goodies. here's what I have going so far. 0919151337.jpg 0919151337d.jpg 0919151338d.jpg

11. Should be a number of flatheaders from Florida on HAMB and Fordbarn to help with your engine.

12. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

You're right, I haven't given up on the flathead, I just want to get the car on the road with a small block, then I can focus on the flathead.

13. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

A few pictures of the very slow progress on my coupe.

Attached Files:

Jet96 likes this.