Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This Cameo has one mile on it.........

[​IMG]

This Vette has 4 miles.........

[​IMG]

And others with similar low mileage. What a deal........

2. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

this is super awesome and I wish i could go, grew up not too far from there, im sure all the sweet stuff will go for stupid money, still gonna tell my buddy back home so he can maybe try go snag the 64 hardtop

3. How would you wash one of those cars? [​IMG]

4. 1st wing

1st wing

It is Norfolk and it is about 25,000 people and a whole lot more than 3 hotels

5. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Probably not with a ShamWow.:D

6. I think they are holding a seminar after the auction on how to correctly wash off all the dust and bird shit. - :D

Could some one that attends this once in a life time auction please construct a thread and note the lot no.,the vehicle, the milage and the price it sells for with a matching photo? It surely would be one hell of a great thread!!!:eek: I'm staying tuned! -H.R.D-

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  7. And yes the Cameo does indeed look like it has transit damage to the front of its roof. Roofs often cop it on new car transport and probably why it never left the dealership. This would be my personal pick of the bunch. Take it home, wash polish and drive. Oh, nearly forgot to put the gun rack in the back window. -H.R.D-

8. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

I wonder how bad the field cars rusted?

9. Justin N

Justin N
    from Kentucky

The low mile super clean cars are going to fetch big money for sure. Im sure people like Rick Hendrick will be after some of them. Id say some of the ones outside people may be able to pick up for a decent price. I just wonder how clean some of them are thats been in the field?

10. 40 years on dirt..betting not a floor in any of the field cars.

Can you imagine what a zoo this place will be with all the press it's getting?

11. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

How far is the dealership from the storage place? Did they airlift the Cameo off the delivery truck and to the storage place? :D

12. The dealership IS the storage place. So it was dropped off there when new and never left.

Wowzers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They say the crazy low milage cars will be sold with a MSO and not a title because the dealer still has a dealer license, so they will be sold as "new cars". Crazy huh???

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  13. I know you surely can't see the floor from this angle, but the rest don't look too bad to me.....

[​IMG]

14. F&J

F&J

This is impossible. That was a working dealership with many service bays. Those 50 or so new cars were stored elsewhere. There is no room for lifetime indoor storage at a dealership.

15. repeater

repeater

Not all the low mile cars were kept indoors in appears. The PDF listing shows 9-10 '63 and '64 Chevy trucks with under 10 miles and none of them were in the video. I think only about 20 of the cars were kept inside, the rest outside. You can see where the outside cars were stored if you pull up a google earth image of the town and look just to the right of the golfcourse the auction is being held at - which is why it's being held there. You can see about 50 cars from the sky, meaning the rest are buried in those woods. If the ground drained well, then I think they'd be ok, but if it didn't...the bottom of all of those cars are smoked. The '58 Cameo looks like it took a hard hit to the roof when unloading it off the car hauler.

That said, I made up my mind earlier this week I'm going, even if just to stand around a car with 1 mile that's that old. My guess is the place is going to be complete and total anarchy. There's also a ton of parts and signage that is/are being sold.

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Wonder how many lottery tickets will be sold to the dreamers?:rolleyes::eek::D

Frank

17. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

There is a 52 Chevy hard top on that list :)

18. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

i guess my question is to myself if i bought one, do i drive it? do i change the oil? do i do any dam thing to it at all? all this stuff on it is supposed to be 100% factory original, do ya mess with that? will it lose value if you do? have i asked enough questions to be a pita?
    goatboy

19. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

That Man's Floor Plan Must Have Been a MESS

20. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I would love to go but harvest will have started by the sale date and I doubt I'll have time.
    :(

21. Man that red on red 64 I would polish the baby to death cut the coils and drive it to death. But I dont sip wine and show my collection to my buddies. Thats where its going sadly

22. Looks to me like it's been at the dealership for quite a while....

The bottom pic looks to be in the late 80's and you can see the white '64 through the windows. They are clearly working on cars outside and that means with a building that big they just worked around all of the stored cars. My guess is that Cameo had not moved from that building since new. Period.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

The rush on that little town might look like Sturgis during the bike rally. Inundated with a ton of people. Probably have to walk for blocks to get to the dealership. Bet you'll see out of towners coming in with motorhomes, etc. as I'm sure motel space is zero.
    Local towns folk will do well from the convenience store to someone set up on the street with a concession stand.

24. My brother's OT '68 Mustang was stored in folks' backyard for 10 years...when we removed it, the floor was on the ground. This was Iowa, and it was 23 years old at the time. Looked OK from the outside, but the condensation had killed the underside.

25. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Notice the bottom edge of the deck lid on the '57...I'm guessing the underside is Swiss cheese.

26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Norfolk, Nebraska is famous as the birthplace of Johnny Carson, if any of you were unaware.
    __________________correction, Norfolk isn't Johnny's birth place, he did grow up here though.

I'm hoping to attend the auction, to see how much my old 63 Impala SS, that I traded to him in 1967 when I purchased a 68 Camaro Z28 from Ray, sells for.

I would love to buy it, but with the 58 Biscayne I'm working on and the 1958 AJS motorcycle that is waiting to do after the Biscayne, it isn't going to happen :(

27. Kent

Kent
    from KCMO

They have added more pictures to the Auction web site

28. henry29

henry29

I guess this one was a trade in

Attached Files:

• 7_2.JPG
      7_2.JPG
      File size:
      85.4 KB
      Views:
  29. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

What sorta jamoke turns the trim around like that and makes their 55 look like a bloated whale!

30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I seen the added pics and looks like some of the new cars and trucks had sat outside,I wish they would have posted pics of the other makes instead along with the Chevy's. If I can see some pics of a couple convertibles that are out at the farm I might head out to the auction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.