Register now to get rid of these ads!

greyhound

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61 chevy, Jun 28, 2013.

1. 61 chevy

61 chevy

any one ship greyhound, I got a door bent in shipment, cant get to talk to anybody, just put on HOLD, :mad:

2. One time,,never again! :mad: HRP

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

had some tires and a bumper shipped to me via Greyhound with no problems.

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I shipped a 57-64 Olds/Pont third member; weighed close to 100 lbs. I was surprised how well the "little lady" behind the counter handled it; she did't even use the hand truck sitting there. Only problem was them notifying the receiver on the other end after delivery. Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I have some experience with Greyhound:

I built 356 Porsche engines/transmissions for years...Ray Litz (Competition Engineering, Altadena, CA) used Greyhound to send me parts & cores.
    Daemon Elgin sent me camshafts, Greyhound station was right around the corner of his building in San Francisco area...

Never a problem.
    Until I sold a '54 Ford 3-speed overdrive to a guy in Tennesee. I crated it in 3/4" OSB,
    bored the end wall to let the pilot center up the tranny...(5 split bulkheads the length of the crate, a work of art! I even gave the box 3 coats of Flecto-Varathane.)

Tracking number worked until Alberquerque...then the box-within-a-box vanished!
    They searched for 30 days, (per contract) and sent me a check.
    I forwarded the check to my customer, with an additional check from me for 'interest'.
    Last dealings with Greyhound for me...
    But my customer gave personal rave reviews regarding my character on Fordbarn.

I looked for years for a tin Greyhound sign for my wall...after their careless mis-handling of me and mine, was tempted to unscrew one from a bus.

6. We bought a 1939 Oldsmobile hood out west because it had a perfect emblem with the star and the seller would not sell just the emblem.

Made it all the way to Anderson,South Carolina and the guy at the depot just reached up and jerked it off the shelf and dropped it on the leading edge of the hood.

The pot metal emblem broke in 3 pieces with us standing there.!:mad: HRP

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I ship with them all the time and have never had any sort of problems. I'm mostly shipping hoods that I've louvered, and I have my packaging and labeling protocol down to a science.

8. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

I tried to use them to ship parts....
    Found their shipping calculator online. Called the number I found on their website. Was told to contact the local depot for drop off instructions. Called the local depot. Was quoted a price more than 3X the amount the online calculator showed, and was told I needed to call the number on the website (that I had previously called) for drop off instructions. At that point Greyhound employees had surpassed my tolerance level for BS.
    Greyhound is on my do not call list.

9. nickleone

nickleone

Packaging is everything when you ship any service.
    I ship small furniture /chairs with Greyhound.
    I ship for my customers. Everything is packaged in 2" of styrofoam and boxed.
    No damage claims in over 3 years.
    If your door was not packaged well you don't have a leg to stand on.
    I believe there is an online claim form on their website.

Nick