Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. OOOOPPS..........pics didn't download? try again........

Attached Files:

2. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Craig and Bill-
    Thanks for the pictures. You guys are both awesome.

It appears that we will be running the Sedan again and again. At first I thought it was to much BS to be able to run it but it was so much fun that I think we should continue to do it. Also, we have to run it again so Pete can have his turn. Is life great or what?

I must admit though, all the adrenalin from last night made me a little sluggish today. I think I'll go home now and take the Sedan for a spin to recharge my batteries.

3. Spork!

Spork!

Nothing like a blast down the road in a hot rod to get your juices flowing!

Sorry I missed it but I'll make it next time. I'm thinking I'd like to bring my sedan and make a run. Do they do "grudge matches" there? :D

I have no idea how fast my car might be so not sure what rule requirements I'd have to comply with. I don't have a roll bar but I do have seat belts.

4. Rick
    What were your 60 ft times??

5. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I don't think very good. 1.76. Good, bad or okay?

6. With a lightweight car on slicks, it should be better. There's a lot of things you can do to increase your 60ft, like less pressure in the slicks, weaker shocks in the front, and more stall speed on the convertor, but you have to take this in consideration:

Each one of those compromises the driveability of the car. You're not racing it every weekend, you're just having fun. I'd say leave it alone, it's just fine just the way it is. The faster you go, the more safety equipment you'll have to install, and the "vibe" of the original car will start to morph into something modern, which is something I don't think you want.

Now, if you want to make it faster on the strip, call me and we'll discuss how to get that car in the 10s really easy. Pull the slicks down to 12lbs, 3500 convertor, change the shocks, and 150 shot of nitrous. The track officials will be booting you off the track as soon as you pick up your timeslip!

7. At 1.76 you are spinning the tires a bit. What pressure were you running?? I run 9 to 10 lbs and it just about jerks my head off. My 60ft times are 1.62. With 4.62 gears and a 2500 Stall
    What stall is the converter??
    What size tire are you running?? And what gears did you put in??

8. And yes I have been asked to leave more than once!!

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Flat-N-Low-
    This motor in my '34 went 11.03 at 127 mph the last time we ran at Fremont in 1984 or 1985. I'm running the same converter which is out of a 6 cylinder turbo 350.

Fuzzy- they are 10" slicks that we ran at 14 lbs.
    Remember, drag racing is a lot of experimentation to get the right combo. Just like El Mirage or Bonneville.

There were several problems at the drags last Thursday.
    The main problem was the brand new tires with zero runs on them and only one burnout. When I was buckled in with the shoulder harness and tightened down, I couldn't reach the line lock switch therefore a very weak burnout was done.
    That's enough excuses. We will correct these deficiencies and go to the track and have some more fun and if I have to add some more safety equipment then so be it.
    Running at the drags is still a rush for me and I don't want to give that up.

10. Rick Yes I understand. Just trying to help a bit. My 60ft times improved about 3-10ths going from 14 lbs of air to 10 PSI.

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Fuzzy-
    That wasn't directed towards you. Not all the guys out there have race experience and i wanted to share that like everything else in hot rods, trial and error leads to improvement.
    Rick

12. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Rick, Sounds like you are having some good fun with your '32. I say just enjoy the day lights out of it !

Dave

13. Rick
    No offense taken:D

14. Yikes! I knew the car was quick, but damn, an 11.03 is gettin' with it!! I don't why I was thinking that it ran high-11s back in the day.

I stand corrected, sir. You are just a few minor tweaks away from matching that number again. It's too bad we don't have any quarter mile tracks close by like we used to. There's always Famoso, but that's kind of a haul.

15. Rick,

It looks like you and your entire pit crew had a blast out at the drag strip. Any chance you'll want to take the Sedan out again next Thursday and make a couple test laps to try and get it her dialed in a little bit more?:D

16. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Payne-
    I was planning to go out there this Thursday and at least go through tech to see exactly what they require but I have a retirement celebration to go to. I am under the impression I only have to put in windows, crotch strap, and helmet pad on the roll bar. I just want to make sure that they don't want anything else.
    Rick

17. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Rick: Have fun, Life is to short.

18. I was wondering why they wanted you to have arm restraints, no windows is a pretty good reason..lol

19. 33hotrod

33hotrod

Hot Rod Magazine was taking a lot of photos of the car! I suppose we'll see it soon! It looked like everyone was having fun!

20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

33hotrod-
    We were told the feature would be in the November issue. That just happens to be our 31st anniversary of being on the cover.

We really had a great time at the drags and are looking forward to going again.

21. jalopy45

jalopy45

On the cover again??? Now that you got the sedan going and you'll sit around getting bored you can start the Impala.

22. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Gary-
    I don't think it will be on the cover and I'm not bored yet. Actually maybe we are. Some of us that worked on the Sedan are looking into going trailer racing. It sounds juvenile which seems to fit us.
    Rick

23. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Got the shirts- thanks Rick!

24. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Chip-
    Sorry it took so long. Wear them in good health!
    I've got to admit whenever I see an E&B shirt being worn, it reminds me of all the friends I've made through the HAMB. Is this a great Web site or what?
    All the fun I'm having with the Sedan I owe to you guys. There were several times when I lost momentum on the project and your collective prodding kept my "feet to the fire".
    Thanks again,
    Rick

25. Rick I think we enjoyed it as much as you did, for me it brought back a lot of memories of my builds through the years.
    Keith

26. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

X2, the part I can't get over is your hot rod heroes are right here! You, P-wood,etc, all here and cool as the back side of the pillow! Thanks for letting us frimps be a small part of the deal!

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man, you just nailed it for me! As a kid I read, and read, and read, and read. Truth be told I sucked at being a kid. I was always finding a way to hang out with the adults and work on stuff instead of "play". Now it seems all the guys I was reading about are acquaintances or even friends! How feakin' cool is that?! And to think I held out on getting on a computer for as long as I did...

28. You took the words outa my mouth....

And yep you took the words outa my mouth too.....

Cant wait to see the car in the flesh soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

29. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

How odd, I could have written that word for word. Thanks!

30. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

HemiDeuce AKA Keith-
    We finally put the SCTA decal on the windshield. Thanks again! I had a great time visiting with you at LARS. I think it is awesome that LARS is here where I live so I can meet all the guys that come to the Mecca of Hot Rods. That's a lot easier than me travelling all around the country.

need louvers ? AKA Chip-
    I had a great visit with you also. Great laughs!

FourEverFour AKA Greg-
    I met a couple of your countrymen, SimonSez and FireFly at LARS. What a nice couple. It's a small world. They were travelling with Ben from T & A Transport who donated the spindles for the Sedan.

You guys have it all backwards. We are only relevant because you get our vibe.
    Rick