Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to check out in Salt Lake City?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dubcee, Jun 24, 2013.

1. dubcee

dubcee

Im In Salt Lake City for the first time ever for work. I'll be here till Friday, the Craig's list searches I do in Washington, that usually burn up an hour or two, take about 5 min. here! Is there any cool shit to do after 5 ish?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. You could become a Mormon :D

3. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

You're from Enumclaw WA and you're bagging on SLC utah? LOL... Just kidding. If you're downtown, go check out the Bonnevillians shop and get a haircut and a shave at the old timey barber shop in there. Then you can run down to Orem to check out the Salt Flat's Speed Shop about 45 mins from down town. It's worth the look. Couple cool old fords and Chris is a super nice guy. Go to www.thanks2frank.com and look up the car show/ cruise night schedule, might be something going on. You can always take the drive out west to check out the salt flats. Nothing going on out there right now (actually I believe they're out there dragging to prep the course this week). It's about 1.5hrs from down town.

Other than that, if you want to send me you're phone number I'll have the mormon missionaries call you and you can spend some time chatting with them. :D

Mac

4. dubcee

dubcee

Been chatting with them already, thank god they sell beer here! I have heard horror stories!

5. James Boys

James Boys
    from London ONT

I'm definitely not from the area, but what about the Price Museum of Speed and going to see the Mormon Meteor and the story of Ab Jenkins??

Boys of Bonneville was a great movie!

6. I've got a motor that needs pulled out... :D

7. dubcee

dubcee

FB page looks like Bonivillians is closed this week! Shit, I could use a real shave and hair cut!

8. dubcee

dubcee

How much beer you have on hand, and what motor? I think I could pull off a 5 horse Merc out board right about now!

9. I think they're getting ready for and going to Born Free 5. The barber shop might be open though.

Just a little Ford 223 I6.

10. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Price museum of speed is private and by appt only. You kinda have to know somebody to get in there I think. You're timing is off man, you just missed the arts festival and the gay pride festival! (And you thought nothing happens here....)

11. gas pumper

gas pumper

In-n-Out burger right off of the 15(?) just to the north of SLC.

BAR museum in Ogden. John Browning was from Ogden and the museum looks interesting.

Hill AFB. also has a museum and display aircraft.

These are all on our list if we ever leave the salt a day early.

Frank

12. PackardV8

PackardV8

FWIW, KSL.com classifieds is the major go-to site in SLC; bigger than craigslist. Naturally, KSL is church-owned and very for-profit. Their site is hammered with paid ads.

jack vines

13. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I will second the Hill AFB Museum. Well worth the trip. I got to go through it a couple of years ago when I was out there for work and had an afternoon to kill.

14. There's a cruise night at "Burger Stop" in Kaysville tonight and a cruise night at "Station Park" in Farmington on Thursday.

These are both a bit north of SLC. Station Park is just off I-15 across from "Lagoon" amusement park.

Both of these are pretty well attended.

Mick

15. A Boner

A Boner

16. There was a landslide a few months ago in the mine and they are not currently doing tours.

17. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I believe the International Model Car Builders Museum is in that neck of the woods as well.

18. firingorder1

firingorder1

I-80 West will take you to the salt. I didn't think there was anything else in Utah. There's no Mormons there. They're all on my doorstep every Saturday.

19. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Been to SLC once, never went back but the drive across the salt lake was cool and this highway on the Nevada side that took me back to the 15, just outside of Vegas.
    You can always get married to 10 different women at once and go home with one big happy family.