Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scores of new Chevys stored for decades undriven finally up for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shipper Sel, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

2. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Your are right it is very interesting. I am guessing all the paperwork would go with them. I suspect it would take a little work to get everything in running order but what a time capsule indeed.

Nice.

3. repeater

repeater

I just saw this too. I'm going, even if I don't buy anything. I'm trying to figure out if they are auctioning off ALL 500 cars, plus all parts and signage within those 3 days. Looking at the photos, there is TONS of parts too, all NOS. It's in the middle of BFE, Nebraska, but being it's now been advertised on Yahoo, it could be great deals abound or total anarchy. If you print up the list, it's pretty impressive. 9-10 63 and 64 1/2 ton trucks with under 10 miles on them all. Shame the '58 Cameo took a blow to the roof from something falling on it.

4. They look a lot better than the one in the Oklahoma time capsule something to be said for storing in the garage. I wish I was closer would be an interesting auction.

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

Wow, that is cool!
    What a legacy to leave their kids/grandkids/great grandkids. Cool family history too.

6. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They claimed 500 cars but if you listen to and watch the video she says fifty cars stored at another location out of town. Looks like a good time to travel to Nebraska anyway.

7. It also says,many of the cars were parked outside. Some were never sold and the rest were trade-ins.

8. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I was wondering when this would get posted. An ariel view of where they parked those cars outside would be nice to see if they cannot get posted any other way. I would like to see a parts list of what they also had since they did not switch over from a type writer to a computer until the 80's. Could be a lot of early F.I injection rebuild kits or a 69 Z intake or ??? It was good to ear that the owners are still around I would like to see the smile on the dealers face when one of those old cars bring in 5 figures. Probably a lot of people are changing or scheduling their vacation for September now.

9. AZbent

AZbent

I saw that video myself. That really is a time capsule. It is like they locked up on a Friday and forgot to go back to work on Monday.

10. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

I wonder what happened to the roof on that one mile Cameo. Quite a bit of damage, like something fell on it. Bet there will be some ridiculously high prices.
    Tom

11. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Please God, bless me with a Lottery Jackpot Win so I can buy those Chevrolets. Amen

12. There's something inherently sad about this whole situation that I just can't seem to put into words. All of these great vehicles left since new to deteriorate and no one ever getting to enjoy them. No trips to the malt shop on a Sunday afternoon. No families taking memorable road trips in them. Cars were meant to be driven and appreciated. Maybe I'm putting way too much thought into this, sure hope someone gets some neat stuff at the auction and does whatever it takes to make them roadworthy again.

13. Its like when someone buys a puppy- ties em to the tree in the back yard and never plays with them/ takes them for walks/ hunting or anything

Or then again- maybe a better example would be like scoring a beautiful woman then never driving her :D

14. I couldn't have said it better myself!

15. Lot of 4-door, six cylinder cars there; not that there is anything wrong with a 4-door six cylinder.

16. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I've heard of NOS parts, but NOS old cars??? If you bought a car with 1 mile on the odometer, you would never want to drive it (unless you unhooked the odometer...) I got dibs on the Cameo...

17. iroc409

iroc409

I wouldn't mind going, maybe even looking at some of the 4-door cars (I have two other projects), but I can't imagine they won't go anywhere in my price range.

My uncle is looking for a pickup though... and they have tons of them

18. Really? First thing I noticed...when she opened the door,there was a modern folding chair in front of the counter. Anybody else see this? That tells me it's not the first time someone has been in there. Those cars weren't "hidden". Someone knew they were there.

19. It was a small town and the dealership supposedly had one employee in the 50 year run of the business, so word-of-mouth was limited. I really doubt it was closed up for years.

Too bad the cars were not covered up and I wonder how many are mouse-houses. Still a good stash of old iron. If it was closer to me, I'd go just to spectate if the bidding got crazy.

Bob

20. Truckedup

Truckedup

So a car with one mile sitting for 40-50 years is a nice body,hopefully .... Think the engines and mechanicals are set up from sitting?

21. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Would love to know more about the story.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  22. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

23. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I'm sure it happened coming off of the transporter from the factory.
    Not so uncommon. Seen it before. More than once.

24. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

What a cool story the American dream. I wonder how many more finds like this are left our there?

25. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Part of the ceiling fell on it. There was a picture but this morning the site exceeded bandwidth and now all I get is a "Forbidden" error. Maybe it'll come back at the first of the month, apparently that web site had become immensely popular all the sudden.

26. Sprout

Sprout

27. RatPin

RatPin

28. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

I disagree. These people did the best that they could to preserve them. They could be like most sold, wrecked, etc. Or sell out the dealership to retire early. Their methods may not have been perfect but the cars are still around for someone to do with what they please. Maybe no one got to enjoy or ABUSE them in 1960, but it is what it is, a time capsule to be enjoyed in 2013 with a chance to own a piece of history.

29. repeater

repeater

That's crazy those cars have just been sitting there next to farmland and a golf course for 40+ years. On the inventory list, there's quite a few 63 and 64 1/2 ton trucks with under 10 miles on them, but they weren't inside the building. They've probably been sitting out there this whole time.

30. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Why did they hold and not sell the vehicles-even at a 'loss' as year or two old model cars? Seems like a lot of $$$ in inventory to just mothball away.