Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cruisin the Coast HAMB Meet-n-Greet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CherryDeuce, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

It's about time someone does this. Way too many trailer queens and rats to stumble over in order to find all the Traditional cars. Heck yeah, let's get all the Traditionals together. This is going to be great!!

3. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Hello rob

count me in

4. geoking

geoking

I'll come if you wont bitch too much about me draggin my 34 Coupe in a trailer all the way from Denver? My coupe trunk is full of Gas tank, it's going to be very loud and the Mrs. will buy into the trip if we are comfortable in the Escalade. Her mom lives in DiamondHead, MS. and I have always wanted to do the Crusin the Coast trip. I will just go ahead and own up now,...
    regards,
    George

5. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

Bring it. I wasn't talking about people trailering their cars because they live too far away to drive it, I'm talking about the guys that ONLY trailer their cars to shows and actually never drive them. The same type of people that freak out about bug splats, stone chips or God forbid, a fingerprint. My dad comes here from Michigan and when he brings his car he trailers it too. 1100 miles in a '67 Ford GT40 isn't that comfortable.

6. Mike Rouse

Mike Rouse

Great I will be there. George, we have to hook up.
    Mike

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  7. geoking

geoking

OK MIke...I'm in!!!!!

8. boutlaw

boutlaw

Sounds like a plan deuce. Had a blast last year, but the HAMB meet n greet didn't last long enough. Look forward to seeing you again.

BOutlaw

9. what day of the week is this?

10. geoking

geoking

Thursday..

11. if you insist we'll bitch a little :D With that ride no one would dare, here's an early welcome, look'n forward to see'n you and the Mrs's

Aloha Paul, look'n forward to catching up!

Correct-a-mundo Boutlaw, remember the Paul Blart "Mall Fuzz" brought the heat down on us for pitching the tent and copping a squat on the grass... A buddy and me have the green light with the manager and owner of Big Mikes Speakeasy to do this as much as we want, it's right on route 90 (Beach Blvd) across from Jones Park, a couple blocks East of Hwy 49... so maybe this could grow who knows? I'm really doing it for selfish reasons, I just want to get an undisturbed view of the cars I dig rather than see a bunch of OT stuff in between. I'll be happy if a few dozen cool cars show up for the first, but who knows maybe we'll get lucky. :D
    Meet'n folks like you and all of last years inaugural Meet-&-Greet gang is what makes it fun anyway! See you there!

12. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

I can't wait!!

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

While in the Navy, my ship was in dry dock in Pascagoula. Me and some guys drove to check this out and it was great. I didn't know about "traditional" then. The older style cars were cool because they looked like something I could actually afford to own.

But, there were a LOT of mini-truckers and muscle cars. This should be a good thing for the traditionalists, but how are you going to keep the muscle cars and mini-truckers out? Is the strip closed off?

14. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

We will be parking on private property so we'll be able to deny anyone that doesn't fit the bill. Our fliers and posters say 'Pre-65 Traditional' so if they are anything but that, they can't park with us. They can park on the side streets and see the real cars that we'll be showing off though.

15. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is gonna be great, I think there's the potential for a really cool event here, I'm actually going by big mikes afterwork today

16. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

Hey Deuce, we'll be there in the Olds!

17. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Class warfare at it's best.

18. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

I'm in on that!!! That will be cool!!

19. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Were at big miles right now

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  20. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

Sounds good to me!!!

21. Rogueman

Rogueman

I'll be there, but I'll be running with 4 or 5 friends. We all have pre-63 cars and trucks. It will be all are none for us or we will be partying together somewhere else.

Sure sounds like a great time. Hope it works out.

22. jmccully

jmccully
    from ms.

I really wish I could make it to this, We won't be down there till friday night though.

23. I put in for vacation this week. Is there a hotel near Big Mike's?

24. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

should be rooms on hwy 49 in gulfport but i bet they are going fast ctc web site has a link to motels good luck on finding a room its going to be a lot of fun

25. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. Stu,
    I am in Ocean Springs I may stop by for lunch.

27. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sounds like a good idea

28. Hey leadsled, I called around around a little over a week ago, Suburban inn was one of the only remotely close to the beach still under 2 bills at. 129.00 and that was for a three day stint. Of course its more down towards the east side of things not down in Gulfport. 49.....

Best of luck finding a spot to squat, if I hear of any deals I'll certainly pass along.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Cherry Deuce,
    thanks