Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ridetech Suspension /Coolride System on Shoebox Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pointer-1, Jun 23, 2013.

1. pointer-1

pointer-1

I was out at Super Summit yesterday and saw this System there.It is a set of airbags replacing the springs with outboard shocks that they claim will fit my 49 Ford 2 door Sedan. Sounds too good to be true in that it is a pretty easy switch.
    Has anyone tried these and if so how was it?
    . I have Areostar coils now and would like to drop her some more and I am giving serious thought to dropping the $700+ to get a little lower.
    Am I completely nuts?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, you are completely nuts - welcome to the club. have you done a long search here on this?

3. pointer-1

pointer-1

Yeah I tried the search thing but not much I could use.
    My idea is to get the car as low as I can without a complete frame chop.I intend to drive the car a lot so I would like a tolerable ride too.
    Back to being CRAZY I guess.

4. MP4/8

MP4/8

I do air ride work. A couple years ago I had a guy bring me a 52 ford that he put the cool ride system on. And he could not get the shock mounting to work for him. The story he told me was that the kit was designed for the mercs but that the ford was similar so they marketed it for them too. According to him the a arms are shorter on the ford and that caused the problem with the shock mounting. I set the shocks into the frame like the S10 guys do. I did some other mods to the kit and built a custom triangulated fourlink for the rear. I have a full set of build pictures I can email to anyone that might want to see them.
    For the cost, the air ride tech kits are pretty pricey for what they are. If you can do a little fab work, you can get into this way cheaper.

5. pointer-1

pointer-1

When I talked to them they said something about the kit being for a Merc and that they were the same for my Ford. Sounded a little off to me knowing what I do about Fords of that era. There were a lot of differences between the two. So I had my doubts but I can usually make things work. If I have to do the fab work I would rather as you say do it myself. The pictures would help so send them on over through my PM here or contact through here and we can swap e-mail addresses.

6. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

I'd like to see the pics...I'm thinking of baggin my shoebox

7. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Let's bring this one off the dusty shelf. I would be interested in the pictures too if it wouldn't be too much trouble?
    Thanks

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!