Register now to get rid of these ads!

Went to Billet Proof first time loved it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55willys, Jun 23, 2013.

1. 55willys

55willys

Finally made it to Billet Proof for the first time. Met some great people saw some great cars. Oh and by the way bought a 27 T touring body cut off at the seat back. Don't know what I am going to build with it yet but leaning toward a modified. maybe Stude 6 or 2.3 ford or flat 8 or? All in all a fun day.

A bit tired from the thrash to get a friends truck to the show (Thursday 2am and last night till midnight 30) too bad the trans was toast. I hate automatics give me 3 pedals any day!

Any body else go to Billet Proof?

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

All of the BP events Alan puts on are fun. We love the shows he does down here, and the drags. Glad you enjoyed yourself. That body is perfect for a little modified.

Don

3. 55willys

55willys

Yep on the body although I have been building one for the last 3 years with fastrnu (26-27 modified all ford by ford) I want to bang out something quick and cheap for myself. I build cars for everyone but me and my 29 pickup is going to be expensive and time consuming so why not a quick fast and in a hurry modified?:D

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what? no pictures? :)

5. knock that baby of the park 55 , and ya ..... wheres the pics lol

6. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

Bucket list event for sure.

7. Matt Kvamme

Matt Kvamme

Took my Shoebox, first time bringing a car to Billetproof and the first drive longer than 10 miles I have driven the car (from Puyallup) since getting it on the road. Awesome show, Great day!

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Any pics?????

9. 55willys

55willys

Sorry about no pics. My son just dropped it off. So here it is. I am thinking wide 5 37 rear, A frame, A front axle, 40 brakes, quick change if I can afford it. Not sure on power or trans yet, V8 60 would be cool but cost prohibitive.

Attached Files:

10. Lakes modified!!!!! That's what you do with it!!!!

11. 55willys

55willys

Yes on the lakes modified. The power and trans is what is up in the air

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool project - no camera for Show pics?

13. 55willys

55willys

No camera, no computer. Just a broke hot rod builder:D

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember seeing that body and thinking what a cool modified it would make but didn't get a photo of it. I think he had several T pieces in his area. I must have been going around behind you as the body was marked sold when I got there.

I was looking at drums and backing plates that one guy had but had no idea of what they were worth so I backed off and decided to wait a while on that.

15. 55willys

55willys

It was sitting on tube frame on a trailer. Bought as they were packing up at the end of the show. Jim (55willys)