Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrome Reverse Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintage tin, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

yea, those arent bad looking.

2. chubbie

chubbie

I bought REAL chrome reverse from them.

3. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here are the Chrome Reverse wheels for my Deuce(from Summit). (coated with WD 40 while they sit).
    14 x 6 and 15 x 8
    [​IMG]
    14 x 6
    [​IMG]
    15 x 8
    [​IMG]

4. Already posted this pic on another thread but it fits here too!

Attached Files:

benchseat4speed likes this.
  5. hotrod_grmi

hotrod_grmi

Just installed new big and little OEM chromies and Wid White BFG Silvertowns on my 39 Dlx coupe yesterday.

Attached Files:

EVL401 and lo c dan like this.
  6. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have always had & have Chrome wheels & chrome reversed wheels on my cars @ least 2 I like to mix them up! Solo

Attached Files:

EVL401 and benchseat4speed like this.
  7. pila38

pila38

Some REALLY nice cars here. Sorry for getting specific...but does anyone have a shot of some 15x7 on 8" pie crusts, maybe even on a pickup. Thanks!
    Eric

8. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

9. cattmann

cattmann
    from NB Canada

My 41 Chrysler Royal

Attached Files:

10. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Dick Page 5 window ... about 1963 .... he made those rear wheels, just before they started selling them commercially ...lol

[​IMG]

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

as shown in another post, the old school reversed rim looked like this (minus the chrome). these have 15" Pontiac hoop with Chevy center - the valve stem is on the inside for the front smooth look.

Attached Files:

12. monsterflake

monsterflake

400+ posts and some guys are still not sure what a chrome reverse wheel looks like.

cheap chrome smoothie on the left, chrome OE/reverse on the right. that description is not interchangeable.

Attached Files:

Kevs56 likes this.
  13. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

i have the wheels in the second pic above and i thought they were oe chrome wheels not reversed....

14. Gorgeous car, great shot.

400+ posts and people are still whining about semantics. If the OP had said "chrome steelies" instead of "chrome reverse" we would have gotten exactly the same images but without all the drama. Some people need to let it go.

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Not semantics, two completely different wheels, and the OP said chrome reverse, not smoothies. And HE POSTED chrome reverses, so I would guess that he is one of the guys that can tell the difference. Maybe YOU cant tell the difference, but lots of guys can. Since it bothers you so much, why dont you start your own "chrome steelies" thread, instead of trying to re-write the OP's thread to suit yourself?
    maybe you could do a thread on WWW radials as well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantics

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  16. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'd start a chrome smoothie thread, but it would probably fill up with o/t cars, shitbox 4 doors and rat rods, then get shut down.

the single biggest issue with chrome smoothies is that they're cheap and too easy of a choice. put some effort and some pride in your ride. spend more than $70 on a wheel, put some elbow grease on a stock wheel or scrounge a swap meet for appropriate vintage wheels.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    EVL401 and benchseat4speed like this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

There, fixed it...:D

18. I didn't say anything about whether someone could tell the difference. All I was pointing out is that you are too anal for the topic and that there's nothing wrong with chrome steel wheels, a grouping which includes chrome reversed wheels. No reason to start a whole separate thread just to suit your peccadilloes and biases. Sounds to me like you are admitting to being what's in your avatar.

19. monsterflake

monsterflake

well then, just randomly add pictures of non-relevant parts to any thread you choose. maybe a cast iron single intake to an early flat head speed parts thread. the point of THIS thread is chrome reverse wheels.

20. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

i just bought a set chrome reverse steelies. any threads on best way to resurect them. heavy rust. steel wool and oil got the easy stuff. aluinum foil and water. i want to soak em in white vinegar. the rust aroung lugs is hard to scrub around. im afraid of the vinagar doin somthing to the chrome.

21. DropTopD

DropTopD

22. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

^^^ Real deal right there, note the beveled edge on the hoops.

23. DropTopD

DropTopD

image.jpg one of the best looking wheels ever.

24. DropTopD

DropTopD

The centers are ford. The front hoops are ford 5". The rear chops are Lincoln 6".

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

*** possibly use Naval Jelly. might have to touch up really bad areas with some genuine chrome (silver) spray paint.

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The title of the thread was and still is chrome reverses. CLEARLY, that is the OP's intent. Obviously, you feel thats too elitist:rolleyes:. Post something relevant to the thread, or move on.

27. And yet you're the ones getting positively apoplectic over someone posting images of chrome steel wheels. The horror...

Something to justify my existence to falcongeorge, the self-appointed Bearer of The Holy Chrome Reverse Standards.
    [​IMG]
    And you know what? I don't really care if these are real reverses or not...

EVL401 likes this.
  28. I had this shot tacked onto my bedroom wall as a kid...
    [​IMG]