Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's your dream Flathead Intake ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeLuxe 32, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eddie Meyer 2 piece hi rise 8ba manifold. Rang a couple of suppliers who currently list these but speedway was a back order and Sacramento vintage ford said they still list them but haven't had stock since 2006!!! Dumb.
    Are there any suppliers who have one??

2. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This one may not qualify as a "dream intake", but it has a special meaning to me. It belonged to a friend of mine's late Brother, who ran it back in the 50's, he drag raced a 29 roadster on alcohol, up in Washington State, he gave it to me. It being a "Sharp", I was lucky enough to spend some time with Al Sharp at a CHHR back in 1998. The guy in the red hat is Joe Graffio, another friend of mine, brought Al by to meet me, and I got this shot of Joe and Al in front of my old #7. Al was a great guy, he took one look at my roadster with it's Offy heads, and said "Marty, that is an awful nice roadster, but it could sure use a set of heads". It was a joy to meet him, before he passed.

Attached Files:

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I think the best LOOKING was the Weiand 4-carb, but I would never use one on the street.

In 1961 I built a smallish flattie and was fortunate to find an Offy 3-carb, my favorite triple, on a used engine that only cost me $35! It had Offy heads too!

More recently I had this, which used a repop S.Co.T. manifold adapted to a GMC 3-71. Can't see the manifold because of the water manifolds on the Baron heads, though:

[​IMG]

4. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

that's it! i'm remarkably jealous of you.

5. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

50 Fraud,
    I enjoyed your post, especially the prices you paid back then, it reminds me of the engine (1st pic) that I sold in 1965, it had an Edelbrock SU 459 manifold, Offy heads, Isky pattern cam, open driveline pickup trans, I got $50.00 for it. Flash forward to 1995, I bought the Edelbrock 359, with 3- 97's in the other pic, for $50.00, and look at the prices today!

Attached Files:

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I bought that used engine in '61 just for the heads and manifold, but I did OK on the prices of some internal components too. Bought a used Isky 87 "Full Race" cam for $20 in perfect shape, and a complete set of .060 over JE solid skirt pistons with pins and rings for $40.50 for all 8! Ray Alley ported and relieved my 59L block for $35.

How times have changed.

7. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I like the Ruel casting I have (1 of 4) but if we dreaming I would want the custom made quad side draft intake for a flathead I seen on here at one time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Cyclone 2 carb for 226 flathead ford . Kevin we need to make the pattern .

9. 37ragtag

37ragtag

Looking for 4X2 8BA intake-prefer Navarro, but will consider all.

10. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

That's pretty cool! How well does it work?

11. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

My very early No-name Edelbrock Slingshot.

12. rick core

rick core

i'm going to use a weiand dual carb intake on my 8ba with a pair of canadian smooth aluminum cheater heads

13. 21stud

21stud
    from California

Davies on my Coupe.

Attached Files:

14. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

OK Pollard Intake Lover's... GET THIS !!! I LIVE NEXT Leroy Pollard !!! OMG !!
    Here's the scoop....
    A couple of weeks ago I'm takin' my 16 y/o son door to door looking for summer jobs.
    Spot an old man having a hard time with his trash can haul and stop to lend a hand.
    Conversation of the norm, and we leave. He calls later with a "job" for my son. I had already told my kid to go back there and take his (big city issued) trash cans to the curb on trash days. He wanted him to do the same till his Son/family get back from vaca. in about a month or so.
    Well, my son did tasks as asked (told) and he calls me to ask me tosee him. Hmmm... OK.
    I go over he tells me he's thankfull for my son (who didn't take a dime for getting up everyday and putting his paper on the step, and trash cans out) and proceeds to give me advice on how to help him establish credit. I listen....and listen... and listen...and in the conversation he says, " I'm kinda famous, but you don't know me." Well with this hook set firmly in my jaw, and waited it out and when he was done, I asked "How so ?"
    You really wanna know ?? he says..
    takes me into a inside "workroom" as he says, "Well I'm an old Hot Rodder."
    My heart raced.....

On the wall is pics of his intakes, AND THE PATENTS. THE ACTUAL PATENTS.
    We'll be bench racing soon......and often.
    More on this later......

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

^^^^^^ THIS IS COOL^^^^^

Oh and by the way, my current favorite Flathead intake is the Evans 4x2 Elephant intake.

[​IMG]

16. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Wow, what a story. Tell us more

Sent from my LG-LS840 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. ibarodder

ibarodder

I would be happy just to find one at a fair price .

18. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Carl, that looks great!

I have one of these comimg, for a blown flathead I'm working on for a FED/gasser project/s!

Attached Files:

19. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

My dream flathead intake sits in the corner on my dream flathead on an engine stand while I'm out cruising my ride with an SBC in it. :D

20. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

My weiand 4 x 2 for my 8ba but I may have to sell it to fund the model a. I want Doubt I could build a good enough motor to use it on tho.

21. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

not sure what my dream intake would be , but i was psyched to get this flatty with an original eddie meyer high rise 2x2 on it it !!

[​IMG]

22. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

My dream manifold would say ARDUN on it

23. then it wouldn't be a flathead..........

24. daddio211

daddio211

Funny. But true.

Sent using the NEW Droid HAMB app from atop my toilet.

25. I gotta agree with Jeff on this.

26. This is the one! My dream too!

Ratmother likes this.
  27. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I'm pretty partial to mine.. Works well!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1377439155.501345.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1377439200.337228.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. superchargednailhead

superchargednailhead

The Ruel is one of two. There were two repop made that's one of them. There were two originals.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Actually the ardun issue is one of great debate. I have heard it argued that since it still uses a flathead block that it is technically a flathead engine. I guess it falls into the same realm as a small block chevy cammer.

I wonder what the SCTA ruling is, I think I have heard it before but it escapes me. I think it falls into an FX class though.

OK way off topic, sorry.

I think that Evans built a single 4 intake for a flatty, that would be a neat one to own as well.

daddio211 likes this.