Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 31 Olds Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roccodart440, Jun 20, 2013.

1. roccodart440

roccodart440
    from Upstate NY

I recently purchased a 31 Olds 2 door coupe. I am placing it for sale in a couple places. If it doesn't turn the money i'm looking for I will begin the build. That being said I hope it doesn't sell.. :D

I've built a muscle car from the frame up, well from the unibody up. I'm goingnto need some guidance and help here.

Here is the car.

Attached Files:

2. plymouth truck guy

plymouth truck guy

Something different. Front shot please. Love different. That's why I have a '40 Plymouth truck.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

Don't sell it, keep it, be different....BUILD IT !!!

Pleanty of guidance here...

4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

hey, i've got a set of hubcaps for those wood wheels.

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Not trying to rain on your parade, but go do an Intro. Then place it for sale in the Classifieds...if it doesn't sell, then come back here and post a Build thread. Fishing on the main board is frowned upon. my .02 cents

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. roccodart440

roccodart440
    from Upstate NY

I'm not fishing, you'll never even see it for sale here. Or a link to where it is for sale. As I brainstorm the build you wil see my ideads and me lookign for feeback on those ideas. Even if this one doesn't get built this thread will be my build thread because I will be building something of this flavor.

7. studeynut

studeynut

Keep the body and frame, sell the running gear. Build it!

8. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

a very cool car I hope you build it , what does a 31 oldsmobile engine look like ? is it a 4 cylinder ?

9. roccodart440

roccodart440
    from Upstate NY

I went and picked it up tonight. I'll post some more pics tomorrow. The engine turns freely as I inadvertently found out, lol.

10. Looks like it was a restoration in progress. Sure is a long nose.

11. roccodart440

roccodart440
    from Upstate NY

The frame was blasted. Other than that it is "straight out da barn"

here's the engine the one gent wanted to see.

Attached Files:

12. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

I like it. Should make a sweet coupe. What's the plan; freshen the six and resto-mod or 455 Gasser or what in between?
    "Frame blasted" meaning junk or sandblasted?

13. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

After a short 7 years, Mine is getting closer. I also have an original 32 5 window. It is a great looking car. I hope you build it. It's different. I put a rebuilt 455 Olds engine in make it roar.

Attached Files:

14. roccodart440

roccodart440
    from Upstate NY

I was thinking blown small block ford. The old engine does sound interesting. I would like to go some sort of forced induction though.

15. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Blown Ford huh? Sounds fun

16. Anderson

Anderson

A blown 394 with a hydro would be right at home in that thing. Straight axle nose high front end, '57 Olds rear axle. Chrome 15" wheels and blackwalls (pie crusts on the back), and keep the fenders on it.

17. roccodart440

roccodart440
    from Upstate NY

Yeah, I'm a mopar guy but don't think this thing needs a big block. The distributer in the front is a nice bonus of the big block mopar and ford V8's.

I like the straight axle and it will have one. I don't want to get obscure with the engine but i'm not downing the cool factor of your suggestion. I have a quick change rear for it with disc brakes. I like the mopar 8.75 as well but the quick change has that cool factor. Probably going to go open wheel but will consider trimmed fenders as an option.

18. roccodart440

roccodart440
    from Upstate NY

I pulled the fenders, hood & running boards off today.. WOW, what a difference! I cleaned all the parts out of the trunk and interior. Everything came apart really easy.

I see one issue already. The frame will not clear the body in the front if I channel it. Have any of you encountered this and what is the solution?

19. roccodart440

roccodart440
    from Upstate NY

Here are some of the stripped down pictures. I'm exited to be getting started.

Attached Files:

20. 66miles99

66miles99
    from Canada

Looks great, really good body to start with. There are not too many around in that kind of shape. It's a small club of 31 olds owners on here for sure!
    The body gets wider farther up so you can Channel it and squeeze by but you have to go up 4-6" at least.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad