Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Throttle pedal buy and install.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Speedway has improved their spoon throttle over the years. The one I bought 25 years ago for my 27 had a problem because the set screw kept slipping on the round shaft and it would come loose. I had to grind a flat spot on it and locktite it to get it to stay for any length of time.

The new version, that I replaced it with when I redid the car in 2009 is much better. They got rid of the round shaft and the new one has serrations around the perimeter that the arm and pedal index on. It is a positive connection and offers a lot of angle adjustment by moving one notch at a time. The new one has been on my car for 4 years and has never worked loose.

Don

2. christopher 78

christopher 78

they still suck!!!!

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Why, what problem have you had ? I've put a zillion miles on mine and it does what it is supposed to do. :confused:

[​IMG]

Don

4. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Good, sounds like you are more then capable to get past this problem!

By the way, you may want to double up on that blood pressure meds.;)

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Mine stripped at the serrations inside Don. When I pressed the pedal it just turned the arm instead of pulling the cable. I fixed it by drilling a hole and putting a roll pin in. It doesn't need adjustment once it's set, so didn't worry about sending it back to Speedway. Been working with the roll pin for 2 years now.

6. Iammarvin, why his question so much different from yours about simply bonding a tab back onto your dummy spot lights?

7. 34Larry

34Larry

Thanks Don, this info info is right on time. I have the spoon the car came with but the upper arm is a little short. The spoons in Speedway catalog look to be somewhat longer and I was getting ready to order.