Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My perspective: LARS 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Had an awesome weekend taking pictures and looking for parts and selling my tiki's Lots of 34 pictures this time. Enjoy if you will.

Attached Files:

2. More for the folks that could not make it.

Attached Files:

3. Some more

Attached Files:

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like Gray Baskerville would have gotten in. Nice pics.

5. Oh boy some more!!!!

Attached Files:

6. Alright I will.

Attached Files:

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It was good to see you this weekend Dale!

8. Thanks Chip. Same to you mister!

9. Fife's 56

Fife's 56

Great selection of cars, thanks for the pics

10. Nice pics thanks ,I would never have thought a hemi would fit a shoebox without chopping the shit out of everything.

11. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Nice! I like your tiki statue.

12. Ted H

Ted H

Very nice pics of a great selection of cars.

Thanks for your efforts!

Ted

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I've been patiently waiting for someone to take pics of cars NOT in the show area...thanksabunch for the pics dale.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Thank you,,great photos & a good mix of cars. HRP

15. Special Ed

Special Ed

His car was there ... :)

16. [​IMG]
    Dick Carroll's '34 Roadster, from St. Charles, MO. The car was finished as a hiboy, back around '78. Hamb ID EVANS and 3 97s

Thanks for taking a shot of his roadster!

17. You know I did it for you Larry. Notice: Not a ratrod in the bunch.

18. Thanks, I make them and sell them for hotrod money. Let me know if you want one. It was really a hoot when we loaded it up in Scott McCann's 32 from Deluxe Speed Shop. Looked like he was drunk and was passing out in the passenger seat.

Attached Files:

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I heard. My comment was my impression of seeing a few cars with patina. It reminded me of reading how Gray wasn't allowed into the Oakland Roadster Show, back in the day. I really don't know why, but for some reason, he popped in my head seeing those pics.

I started reading Street Rodder in the summer of '74 and remember first seeing the pics from the Roadster Show. I wondered, and still do, what it must be like to be surrounded by so many sweet rides.

20. Special Ed

Special Ed

Those "patina" cars aren't accepted inside the gates by the Los Angeles Roadster Club. They're parked just adjacent to the show, in between the done cars, and the swap meet area inside the grounds of the Fairplex. :)

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

T Fever Fred,

I can tell you haven't been to L.A.R.S. before! The misconception a lot of folks have is that you can't participate in in the show in any way if your car isn't a roadster or isn't painted. The cool thing with L.A.R.S. is that it is really two shows in one. The "show it's self is where the ROADSTERS members give you the YA or NAY on whether your car is up to scratch for the roadster display. The swap and preferred parking is anything goes, and what ever doesn't make it in the "show" is more than welcome out here. That's the better part of the deal in my opinion! Hell, why don't you come with us next year?!

22. Good to see you and gentle jeff. Did your last tiki sell?

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

nice coverage,cant believe I missed it..thanks for the pics,its like being there.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I could see myself scrambling from one side to the other.:D Our AutoRama did something like that this year and it was popular. The LARS is on my bucket list. Funny, I was stationed in San Diego and Long Beach for 3 years and never made it. :eek: