Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Hamb friendly garage sale finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boxcar's 1928, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

With summer kicking off....the treasures are showing up out there if your looking...
    This is my last two saturdays of shop stuff.

The toolbox is a twofer...Cool 60's Craftsman and is chocked full of machinest tools...some new, all of great quality. Micrometers, calipers, endmill bits, and more.

Tank was previously used for aircraft liquid oxygen....well used at the racetrack back in the day for a portable air tank

The Souix Polisher is hardley used, already changed out the rotted chord (age) works good. 4 3m plush buffing pads (new) and 300 - 400 sheets of multiple grit...500, 800, and finer paper.

Gotta love it.

Attached Files:

2. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I've got one of those oxygen tanks still in use as an air tank. Is there any way to narrow down what type of aircraft it came from?

3. Aroud here those tanks are really common to find. I have a stack of them now.

4. Toolbox full of machinist items is a SCORE, congrats...

5. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

That's what I was thinkin too... Score! :cool:

6. sololobo

sololobo

Score city dude, ~sololobo~

7. I hate you. Jk. Nice find

sent via smoke signal

8. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Hey Barn Find, that tank looks like the ones used on C123k aircraft. They were probably used on others as well.

9. RAY With

RAY With

Definately a great over all score!

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want that polisher. Not the most popular tool these days, but I've been known to abuse myself a time or 2, or 10...

11. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Nice finds.
    My craftsman box is only a little younger than yours (early 70's) but mine was full of mechanics tools. Probably about 400 sockets, about 200 wrenches, and lots of assorted misc. Mine came from the daughter of the deceased owner and I bought it (and a lot more) for $100 because she had no use for it. Sad in a way to think that the former owners livelihood meant so little to their offspring, but at least they end up in the hands of those who will use them.

12. Garage sales are fun! Never know what might be there....

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

great finds. the old lady and I go to yard sales every weekend

14. Church rummage sales are also a good place to find treasures.. A friend of mine bought a mint Schwinn Stingray 5 speed bike with the drag sli9ck rear for $25 several years back. He was driving by the church parking lot and saw it sitting there..made a quick u-turn.

I bought a NOS SBC Edelbrock Torker intake for $10 in the box at a garage sale 3 years ago-the son bought it new back in the mid 70's and never installed it and the mom and dad was moving to a assisted living facility.

That being said 9/10 garage sales I hit are dud's...mostly baby clothes and baby toys..

Here is a hint: Garage sales in newer neighborhoods are a waste(see above baby clothes and toys)

Older homes in nice areas are the best..older people wanting to move out and downsize-no baby clothes lol.

15. Friday is yard sale day around here, Saturday is auction day if there isn't a good car show and Sunday is flea-markets.
    I find something kool EVERY weekend ! Last week I found an old candy container shaped like a 30's race car with tin wheels and base, today it is on eBay and is at $1,775.00 :eek: Thats what I call a score.
    Next week I can get my '51 rewired and some much needed engine work done on it out of the profits.:D

16. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Nice score! I always end up talking myself out of stuff like that and then end up kicking my own ass later when I find out what I passed up!

17. ttpete

ttpete
    from SE MI

That Sioux buffer is top quality. They don't make them like that anymore.

18. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

The prior owner of this box did indeed pass. He was a guy that could do anything as I've been told. Im glad to have the chance to do something with them.