Register now to get rid of these ads!

farm truck ** anyone else see on tv

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl E. Hagan Jr., Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok guys, it's been over a year since I've posted.

The other day I saw a street racing show that had "Farm Truck" and the driver on it.

I met this guy a year or two back at Greaserama here in KC and the truck was a crazy pro-street, beat to heck Farm Truck.

I doubt if the driver remembers me, but I just wanted to say...."It was awesome seeing ya on TV....and Farm Truck too." One of the very nicest hotrodders I've ever met.

ps....just delete the thread if it's going no where.

Carl Hagan

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Would he be on here? I caught a bit of that, but changed the channel after the drama erupted.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OT truck for here but I've seen several Youtube videos of it if it's the one that looks like my 71 GMC. That truck flat rips.

4. cayager

cayager

i could watch that truck all day. the guy races with his dog in the cab. awesome sleeper from oklahoma i believe.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I couldn't take that show and changed channels. It just really bothers me that grown men put their playing with street racing ahead of the welfare of their families. When the one guy said he would rather miss a mortgage payment than not have money to spend on his race car, and that he makes his wife work extra hours to make enough so they can pay the bills, I hit the remote button. Having your family living in an RV because you are too lazy and self centered to fix up your home for them is pretty low. :mad: The women are as dumb as the guys for putting up with it.

Most of them are on probation for racing and aren't smart enough to understand if they get caught again they go away for a while. I won't be watching it again.........it was a dumb show.

Don

6. A Rodder

A Rodder

I agree with Don, but I'm a sucker for "reality tv"
    Ill watch again. But this thread will surely be killed because of the subject matter unless it stays more on the topic of fast street cars rather than focusing on the tv side of it.

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

That "Farm Truck" is super fast. The best part about it is the dogs and trash in the cab.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

There weren't any hot rods or customs on the show, so that alone should shut this down. And if what Don said is true, it probably needs to get taken off the air. Someone like that gives ALL car guys a BAD name.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

10. -DouG-

-DouG-

Is it really street racing if they're getting use of an air strip to race on?

Just some more not so reality "Reality TV"

11. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

Show sucks ass!! The truck is cool. Saw it in salina years back. Crazy fast

12. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

AMEN, and thank you!

13. 20 years ago, I used to run around with some guys who were heavy into street racing. Big dollar races (many over $1000), done in some really scary areas, and always at around 2:30 in the morning. Watching that show brought up some really bad memories for me. One, it was the fear of getting busted. I had just got my job with Northrop, and had just been cleared for a program with a high classification, and I was scared to death of getting busted and having my clearance yanked. Second, I couldn't stand the people, honestly. Yes, they were car people, but they were the most arrogant, boisterous, dirty people you would ever meet. There were ALWAYS fights because of all the trash-talking, and it was never between the drivers. It was always between the guys who thought they were "experts" but never had a car to race.

I went out about a dozen times, and was never comfortable, and so I quit going. Let me tell you something....The most scared I have ever been was when we went down to South Central L.A. to do a big money race and we were the only white guys there. And those guys don't like white folks. We won, they paid, and we set a land speed record getting the hell out of there.

I don't miss it at all, especially the drama. I saw the show, but I probably won't watch it again. I have no sympathy for anybody who gets caught street-racing. Go to a track and settle it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.