Register now to get rid of these ads!

Besides JAMCO, where to get lowered rear springs??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Emperor Chris, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Can someone please tell me where I can buy lowered rear springs besides JAMCO for my 51 Ford car? Thanks.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Got a spring shop nearby? Take them in and say "de-arch these for me" and then how much you need... Works like a charm for me.

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I bought 4" drop leaf springs for my '51 Merc from these guys. I'm sure they'd also have '51 Ford car springs in 0"-4" drops.

St. Louis Spring Company, phone: 314-533-2132
    http://SaintLouisSpring.com

4. jerseymike

jerseymike

posies has them. hummelstown, pa.

5. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I sent email to Posies weeks ago,never heard from them since.
    I've been looking for a drop leafs for my 51' shoebox too..

6. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Gentlemen,
    There are at least a few people here who have purchased dropped springs from St. Louis Spring and are happy with their purchase. They make the springs. I did a lot of investigating before I purchased my 4" drop springs, and decided to go right to the manufacturer instead of a distributor/reseller who will mark them up.

7. slammed

slammed

http://www.indspring.com/ This is the web site for the St. Louis Spring Co. The next addy is for coils. They are held in high regard.

Coil Springs Specialties, LLC
    632 W Bertrand Avenue
    Saint Marys, KS 66536-1654

8. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I think there's a little bit of confusion going on. Slammed listed the website for Industrial Spring of Saint Louis. I'm not sure if they make leaf springs.

I was referring to Saint Louis Spring Co.
    http://www.saintlouisspring.com/

9. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I think i'll try that St.Louis Spring co.I have US address where to send them,so shipping is not an issue.Thanks!

10. I want to say thank you to Doctor Detroit. I called St. Louis Spring Co and spoke with a fellow named Nick. He was knowledgeable, professional and polite. It takes one day to make my springs and 5 days to ship to my front door. Now that's good service. :)

11. Jamco will promise you that too :D

12. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

No problem, dude. I recommend them when I can because they had great customer service.

13. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I sent some emails to St.Louis Spring co and called them too,because i didnt want to send my credit card numbers via email.
    They have really nice service,i bought a pair of drop leafs for my shoebox and an another pair of drop leafs for my friends 52' Merc from them.
    Thanks again Doctor Detroit!

14. williebill

williebill

St. Louis Spring here,too..

I'm pretty sure they make for Jamco and others,and actually ship with the sellers sticker on them....it'll be cheaper to buy from them direct.
    Good and fast.

15. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

No problem..... I'm glad to hear it....

16. If you haven't already purchased, and if they're the same as a '49 i have a Brand New Pair marked St. Louis F-3

17. I already purchased them and they were made today. Super fast!! ..........Thanks anyhow.

18. Curious how much they were to make?

19. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

You don't say...

hmmm

20. They were $110.84 each.

21. Got the Springs last Friday. I ran over to Sacramento Vintage Ford today and picked up all new spring bushings. The springs fit perfect and gave me a nice 4" drop. Well worth the $$.:D

22. gwarren007

gwarren007

23. St. Louis springs is where Jamco got theres.