Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anyone used this part from Speedway?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Holy Roller, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Holy Roller

Holy Roller
    from Orlando

Part number: 9251220

THREE PLAIN 9 SUPER 7® CARBS ON 1957-86 SMALL BLOCK CHEVY EDELBROCK INTAKE

If anyone has this or experience with this part or can suggest something comparable that's better that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Holy Roller

Attached Files:

plumbid likes this.
  2. Buy the real Strombergs, not Speedways fake version.

3. Holy Roller

Holy Roller
    from Orlando

Do you know where I could find this part? I'm new to hot rods and am not familiar with "Strombergs". Thanks.

4. alchemy

alchemy

New to hotrods and you want to jump feet first into three twos? Hopefully you have some local, hands-on guidance to help with tuning.

http://www.stromberg-97.com/

Using real Strombergs (new or rebuilt) will put you ahead of the game though.

5. Holy Roller

Holy Roller
    from Orlando

My best friend has been building rat rods and hot rods for 7 years now and is teaching me everything as we build my first hot rod a 1929 model a 5 window coupe and yes I'm going with 3-2's for my carbs and intake....go big or go home right?

6. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Ask your buddy then.

badgascoupe likes this.
  7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

8. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

we've got them in stock as well as the intake. this would be a good time to get that Alliance Discount to pay for itself.

9. Mentalstates

Mentalstates

Holy Roller...don't get discouraged with negative comments..Do it the way you want..
    Everyone on this site started with little to no knowledge until someone taught them..
    Head up and build it fast and strong..

Jim636 likes this.
  10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I hope you don't rat rod that '29, it would be a waste of good metal.

11. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Ha ha.

12. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

And if you will notice there are some people that have nothing nice to say.
    Welcome to you and glad to see you are learning and interested in hot rods. Ask all the questions you want and learn to ignore the answers that are not helpful to you. Welcome aboard

13. Look into original rebuilt Ford 94s. Much cheaper set up.

14. bgaro

bgaro

nuttin' wrong with rochester 2g's either.

15. The 3 bolts just look more "hot rod" to me, but yep, nothing AT ALL wrong with those.

16. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Why? they can't leak any worse then Strombergs

Welcome to the land where every asshat with a key board is right!:D Just watch using the 'Rat Rod' words. Build what ya wanna & learn as you go~Chuck

17. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

I'd like to hear about any experiences with the Speedway "Bergs".... If using the "real" ones, (original or the new ones from England) don't forget to keep the fuel pressure at around 3 psi.

Happy Roddin' ! 4TTRUK

18. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Hell if you want to go big put a blower under those 3/2's:D

19. Holy Roller,
    This site has a wealth of information but remember that ever car is built differently. Make it your own and you will be happier. I have some haters here because I put 22" chrome wheels on my caddy but they don't know my history and why I went that route. I purchased the Same kit your looking at from speedway because I have a tight budget, and wanted a 6x2 setup. I did order the Stromberg linkage kit from their site but it on backorder. I was told by several people at shows and this site to get the best you can afford but get it running. So that's what I am doing. Have fun with that build of yours

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    LukeCrawford likes this.
  20. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

We have run them all, original / rebuilt stromberg 97s, new reproduction Stromberg 97s and the Speedway 9 super 7 replacements. We have run them in singular and multi carb set ups.
    I have to admit that the Speedway carbs seem to work as well as original or reproduction Strombergs.
    However, if using with factory stock throttle rod (through dash, not pedal) some fussing is involved as the shafts are a little different.
    But, seeing that this is a Hot Rod site, I doubt many will encounter that issue.

Holy Roller-do an intro in the intro forum, read all the rules pertaining to posting. Then spend some time browsing, you might find that the term rat rod is not what you want, just a traditional style car. The term rat rod evokes harsh treatment and biases here- (usually for good reason!)

21. badshifter

badshifter

A Rat Rod Mentor, teaching everything he knows.....
    Oxymoron in there somewhere...

I agree, build what you want. Just don't post it here.

Muttley and badgascoupe like this.
  22. no55mad

no55mad

59ab, 2 Speedway 97 copies, no complaints so far.

23. Post some progress pictures as you build.
    Good luck on your build.

24. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

F them negative dudes do it your way. buy new from speedway at least then you can send them back if there is a manufacture problem (leak) buy used and you will learn that they leak most of the time and who wants someones headache. Just adjust with a vacumn gauge. and tach. and have fun learning.

canyonrods likes this.
  25. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Suggest to your buddy, get some class and quit ruining cars by making "rats".

badgascoupe likes this.
  26. canyonrods

canyonrods
    from SoCal

Pretty lame comment to give to someone trying to learn. If you're going to post like that, you better be able to back it up Mr Radial tires.

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas - please cut the drama bullshit. I'm bored with it.

As for three twos, do it... It's easier than ever these days thanks to the REAL strombergs. As others have said, I wouldn't recommend the speedway Chinese carbs.

28. Look up Uncle Max as he is the stromberg wizard.
    I'm pretty sure he is on the board so look into members.

29. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

I personally have not used that carb set up. 2bbl carbs are easy to rebuild and take apart, which is a good thing to know and understand in your gonna run 3 of them. if you like the set up then get it and run it. if the carbs needs tinkering with, then learn about em.
    I've ran dual 97s before and hated them. and they were rebuilt and still were a pain. original doesn't always mean better, if it works....IT WORKS
    you can get that set up new or look on the classifieds here and find a used and cheaper set up. your car your choice.

let's steer kids in the right direction, not away from hot rods.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Dickster27 on here has some nice stuff. dickshotrodcarbs.com. Got a set from him for a sbf yesterday.