Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bowling Green HHR geting close

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, May 30, 2013.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We will be in a golf cart as I have no cartilidge in my left knee and my friend has no left leg below the knee. but we will try not to run over you:)

2. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Thanks Enloe, I got a complete knee replacement myself last October. I'm walking good and plan to cover the entire event many times over the weekend. A friend of mine told me he has had folks with carts nudge him to get him out of the way. I really hope that doesn't happen. I have no problem with the folks that have mobility issues. We are really looking forward to this event and the road trip. We used to camp at Indy but we really got wet(everything got wet) a couple of times. So we started lodging. I have a teardrop trailer but I'm not bringing it this year. We'll check out the camping situation. We're looking forward to meeting some more Hambers. Can you ride bicycles in the event? Sam

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Don't know about the bike situation. I will be looking for the truck and will look foward to meeting you.. I will also have some totes of 50s thru early 70s car magazines with me to sell so i can hopefully fund some swap meet/ t shirt purchases so if you see me holler hey enloe and we will stop and hang out:)

4. D-man313

D-man313

Last year we rode bikes all over the place. No one ever said a word, rode through the pits, car show, swap meet,(got off and walked em) same with staging lanes(walked past cars). If you're going you must take some sort of transportation other than walking. Alot of walking.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. D-man313

D-man313

We're leaving early Wednesday, take our time going down, 4-5 cars right in a row. A couple first timers and a couple veterans. I can't wait it's the best show of the year around here.

6. jaco

jaco

Heading out Tuesday after work. Will be camping. Where else can you camp, see a car show and vintage drags without leaving the grounds?

7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I'VE CARRIED A bike every year. just watch for golf carts!!!lol

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

don't forget and see me also!!!!!:eek:

9. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Were heading up early, early Thursday morning in the Model A. Should be there before lunch. Cant Wait. This will be our 9th reunion and they get better every year. IF this is your first your to go DO NOT miss the party at the Holiday inn Friday night!

10. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

going to be HOT wed 96 degrees:)

11. pottsie454

pottsie454

Does the campground fill up fast? I wont make it down until Thursday morning.. Probably 10 am or so..

12. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Its a huge campgrounds ,last year we camped in the trailer parking which is a pasture with road ways through it you can camp there for nothing,FREE:Dbut along way to the por:Dtalets

Attached Files:

13. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

shhhhhhhhhhhh:Ddont tell everybody;)

14. primed34

primed34

Heading out Thursday morning. Finally got the coupe back together last night.

15. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Do you know the way??:cool: See ya there....should be a LARGE time...roadster didn't make it back from California, so guess it will be the Bowes, the 40 and either the Dart or Valzilla....Jim Mac is coming (feeling better)....Joe

16. pottsie454

pottsie454

Sounds good. Can't wait to get down there. Ill be looking for you all and keep a look out for me too. ;)

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I will be in bowling green this weekend in my late model truck with my son who will have a bright red mohawk. We will be selling old magazines out of my late model white chevy truck so pick something out you need and save on shipping.

18. BAN GOLF CARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (except for those with physical difficulties).

19. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

i second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. BelAirBetty

BelAirBetty
    from Hebron, IN

Will be my first time coming down, leaving with a group tomorrow morning in the '60 Bel Air, CAN'T WAIT!!

21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

ok going up wed a.m. try to beat the heat of the day. heat index is going to be a 100 wed. besides the corvette museum,what else is in town that a car guy would like? is holley having a open house this time? my elky aint got air, so i want to find a cool place to look at. Ky guys any help?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  22. petiesrods

petiesrods

B.A.KING, Corvette Museum, Art's Corvettes (beside the museum), Corvette plant, don't know about Holley openhouse, Quickfuel is pretty close to Holley off Dishman Lane and they're great about hot rods stopping in.