Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

I can help ...

Bill

2. June 20th.....
    I'm in...........

3. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

june 20th......what time do you plan on arriving?

I'm about 65 7/8 % sure i'll be able to attend.

4. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Probably when they open. Not sure yet. It's up to Thom.

By the way Tio Geo, I need at least a 66.66% commitment. Sorry! You're out.:D

5. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I'm figuring out what seat belts to get. I was going to put in a lap belt only because that is what we had but the family is putting up a little resistance. My children grew up wearing a 5 point harness in our off road car and after hearing dad harp on the reasons for wearing them their whole life they are telling me the same things. I guess it's good to know they listened. I'll be putting in a 5 point system for both seats for the drags and just leave the lap belts in for everyday use.

6. Good call. You could just have tabs welded to the floor and roll bar and run a 4-point. The "5th point" may be kind of a hassle on a street car, and not 100% required. With a 4-point, you could just unbolt the shoulder belts if you were adamant about running just a lap belt when you're just blasting around town.

I like shoulder belts, even if they don't look "period". I feel much more at ease driving around with my upper body secured.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thing to think about - I have an oddly flattened nose bridge and dent in the back of my head from an accident in a bug when I was wearing just the lap belts of my four points... I your gonna go to four points, just plan on wearing the uppers all the time. The damned buckle hitting me in the back of the head hurt as hard as the sunglasses taking out the windshield!

8. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Rick,

I don't know, Irwindale is kinda far away... but I'll try to make it. I also have a 4 point harness for you if you want one. Maybe I'll drag the GTO out again. I need some incentive to fix some of my son's improvements.

Oh, yeah, I'm about 66.661% committed.

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Flat-N-Low and need louvers ?
    I agree with both of you but I was thinking of getting the type that wrap around the roll bar for the shoulder straps and bolt in the lap belts. Then it would be easy to remove the shoulder straps for regular street driving.

Mike- Unlike Tio Geo, you're in!:D
    I'll call you when I get back from Houston on Monday.

10. Firefly

Firefly

Yep, the type that wrap around the roll bar is what Simonsez uses when his is racing his '32 tudor. Works great and as you say, easy to switch back to regular belts for street driving :D

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

The seat belt issue is resolved and now I have to decide what to do on tires. Instead of off highway slicks, I am leaning towards an on highway brand so I can at least use them more than at the strip. Even back when we raced the Sedan, it was only once or twice a year. We were more interested in just driving the car. Any suggestions or recommendations on brand and type?

12. 2 or 3 ways to go. M&H makes a wrinkle wall cheater that is dot approved. Hurst racing tires makes a Pie crust cheater that is dot approved. Or run BFGs like I do!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  13. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

I like the BFG's........But i'm on the outside lookin' in

14. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

I vote for the BFG's

15. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I went to a car get together in the Woodlands just outside of Houston. There were some great cars there. Wish I had the Sedan with me. Everyone was very friendly.
    I'll be home tomorrow night and will spend the next few days cleaning the Sedan for LARS. I am looking forward to seeing everyone there!

16. Cleaning?? Cleaning????? You don't clean primered cars!!!!!! You drive them and to hell with the bugs!!!!

17. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Okay Okay Fuzzy. I meant to say polish the Halibrands.
    Is that better?

18. SimonSez

SimonSez

These are 30X12.50-15 Mickey Thompson E/T Streets on 11 inch rims.

They are DOT approved and hook up great, but are pushing the boundaries of street tyres as they are basically a slightly grooved wrinkle-wall slick.

I have driven on the street with them but wouldn't go very far.

[​IMG]

Here is a link to some more info ...

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreet

19. :DThat I agree with:D

20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

SimonSez-
    Thanks for the info!
    Rick

21. SimonSez

SimonSez

No worries.

We are coming over for the Roadster show so will be sure to stop by and say g'day and check the car out on Saturday!

22. Rick & Pete, every time I see SimonSez's Tudor it reminds me of the E&B car...

23. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

SimonSez-
    Be there by noon and have lunch with us.
    Greg-
    I'll ship a drum stick to you!

24. Rick-
    Have you hammered out a time that everybody is going to assemble in line at the LARS swap meet on Friday? I figure that if a bunch (at least 4) of us get spots all together (side/side, back/back) we can have a very large place to gather. Because you know, the E&B Congregation of Celebration is going to be THE place to hang in the Swap Meet! The bigger the spaces(s), the better it will be.

We will be bringing parts to sell, including a bitchin' little '34 Pickup.

And yes, I still need a shirt.

25. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Alex-
    Call me and we'll work it out.
    Rick

26. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I've been busy getting all the things ready for the celebration. I'm a lucky guy to have the support and help of my family. This is a little harder to plan timing wise because the venue isn't at my home. A party for a hundred or so is nothing at home but the timing of food and refreshment at a venue without electricity or refrigeration makes it more difficult. I look forward to meeting those of you that have made it out for LARS.
    Rick

27. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just finished polishing the Halibrands. Definitely a young mans job and I don't qualify.:D
    Tomorrow should be a busy and great day. Fortunately, Pete got in line for the swap spots this morning. We should end up together in a good spot. After we get the spots in the swap meet area and after settling in, it is off to Thumpers BBQ at noon. After that we'll be going to SoCal's open house and finish the night off at Bobby & Melinda Walden's shop. If you see us at any of these places, please say "hello".

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'll be there this after noon...

29. etboy97

etboy97

I spoted you heading west bound on Foothill at Myrtle Ave. this morning at about 6:30am. That was a good way to start my day.

30. Where exactly are you located at LARS???