Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1963 Cadillac "Taxi"...BIGREDTODD is back in the saddle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BIGREDTODD, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Man, this is gonna rule. I feel your pain for the chroming bill

2. Not a showpiece by any stretch...but something to take to a show & shine, and as a tribute to my Dad. He was a Cadillac guy to the end, and in his hierarchy of Cadillac's there was the '49, the '63, and at a very distant 3rd was the '66. He had several '49's & '66 Cad's over the years, but this was the only '63.

Anyway, here's the progress for the day...bumper assembled & installed with a floor jack and a prayer. Starting to play with the best of the several grills that I have. Did something a bit different with the grill that the keener eyes may pick up on. More on that later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Now it's starting to look like something. In order to create a bit more contrast in the grill, I painted all the pieces (and side fillers) a satin black. After the paint dried, I polished only the largest of the horizontal aluminum faces. So far I like it. In time, I may do additional polishing of the smaller faces (horizontal and/or vertical) but this tones down some of the excess aluminum finishes. It's starting to look like something resembling a car again:
    [​IMG]

4. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Nice job.... Looks great.

5. Thanks!

(Don't worry, I'll get back on the F-100 soon...I've got a new set of wheels, a couple boxes of parts and a NOS tailgate that need my attention :cool:)

6. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

NOS tailgate! Where did you find that? Was wondering why you were selling your old one on ebay.....

7. Been hanging on my wall for about 10 years...has the Fomoco part# stamped on it...still mint red oxide finish, not a ding anywhere.

8. 1370640020623.jpg

I hope this picture works. I finally got a smart phone. The Caddy makeover is virtually completed. There's always something to be done, but I am happy, and I know my Dad would be also

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Looks good!.We just bought a 63 4 window also.In fact,found mine on here.Not going as crazy as you did,but make it safe enough to haul the kids around in.

10. Here's a few from the weekend. The first is on Friday, before the (laughable) parade/cruise. Then a couple parked next to my sister's Continental.

Good times...

11. Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

12. 4rod

4rod

nice work Todd, looks great...has that presidential look...now get at that shoebox you have

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Todd, she looks really great, very elegant indeed.

14. young51

young51

Looks great Todd. Now go get my old flathead intalled!

15. I'm thinking the same thing! I already gutted the interior out in the '49...hopefully won't be long before I go back to that one & get a running shoebox.

16. xrosczech

xrosczech

Very Nice, first off what is the name of the shop that did you paint? Second here is a pic of my 63 with 2inch american classic white walls and 62 caps (not fan of the 63-64).

Attached Files:

17. do some good work ....

what else do you have hiding in that shop .... =)

18. Turned out great Todd! Can't wait for the Shoebox. :D

19. Nice...that's the tire that I was looking at @ Coker, but it just came down to spending 1/2 the $$$ for a set of Coopers. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks the '63-'64 caps aren't Cadillac's best effort. Miracle did the paint (here in Modesto). I need to spend a day doing what I'd consider a more professional cut & polish job, but overall I'm satisfied with the $$$ spent.

Thanks, my '60 F-100 & '56 T-Bird are in the garage, the Cadillac will be back @ my in-law's shop soon. A few other "ladies in waiting" hidden around town, as well.;)

Thanks Tim...(I can't wait for the Shoebie, either!)

20. Decided it was time to send this one to its next owner...sold here on the HAMB, and just dropped it off at Aladdin Freight for export to Austria!

1408847390026.jpg

1408847428095.jpg

Sent VIA top secret BIGREDTODD Mobile HQ